The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: (ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by Joshua Norton Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm

It was the end of another month and Sir Joshua went to the bank and deposited his end of month coins as a new month was about to begin shortly. This month's profits with the jackpot won came to a deposit of 1 Gold 52 Silver and 30 Bronze coins. Quite happy with this month's deposit his coffers was refilling quite nicely perhaps this new month coming he would eat more lavishly, take some more classes and slow down on his hop fields.

The last day of the month he finished 4 barrels of beer and tapped them and began another round of 4 barrels to ferment. He would place the new stock on the market with his current stock and see if this month they would sell out which he highly doubted. He also received a missive from HRM King Framer Ted the First of his name and would have to reply to that perhaps in the new month as of today he was rather busy putting affairs in order for the end of month audit he did so his time was limited this day. 

Sir Joshua went back to his lands and overlooked them and finished up what needed to be done so he would have a great start to the new month. Smiling and joyous as he did it as he realized now he was not a poor Knight that he thought he was. He would end the day sitting down overlooking his lands and breathing in the fresh crisp summer air that would be quickly starting to turn into Fall and after that the brisk cold winter season that was coming nearer daily and by the time the cold arrived Sir Joshua would have his Larder stocked wood piled up to warm him to weather out the cold winter that would be brutal to those not ready for it.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: (ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by Joshua Norton Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Sir Joshua woke up and began his daily routine as he always did but today was also the day he paid debts owed well some of them that is. He remembered he had to give 10 silver to the Royal Exchequer of Camaar for the sponsoring of Sakura for the new month and he also had to go down to the market and put in his request for Meat Soups which was another 17 silver and 49 Bronze plus 9 bronze tax for the Imperial Majesties coffers for use of the Buyer's market. He also just remembered his plough broke so he would need to buy 3 Normal Shafts, 1 wood, and 3 Iron Bars to replace it and that came to another approx. 15 silver.

Sir Joshua was feeling bummed of all the beginning expenses it would really put him in the red right out of the gate of the new month, it also meant that he would have to go down to the bank and make a quite large withdrawl to pay for all these expenses cursing himself for not keeping more in his purse. He knew full well these expenses were coming up, yet the plough was an unexpected shock, he would keep better eye on his tools of the trades from here on out. He would most likely hire out the field work for his hop fields until he completed the Normal Plough. 

Sir Joshua got all done and was back at his lands and sat back down at his table and realized he had another dispatch from another person he had to read and respond too, So his count now was 3 responses needed. He really needed to buckle down and dedicate a portion of his time to replying to them well at least The King of Camaar and Dutch. But for the moment he pulled out his ledger and recorded his transactions and also wondered where his father's monthly gift was, did his father decide to cut him off since he got no reply from him, oh dear he hoped not.

He also realized that in a few weeks a Imperial event was to begin and he wanted to ready for that as well. Would he win it again this year? or would another win, he pondered alot in his head this day and it was filled with a heck of alot of thinking. Perhaps he would have smoke coming out his ears or a burning smell radiating from him who knew. 

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Sir Joshua has been busy last few days spending most of his stamina on making a Normal Plough leaving him with very little energy for anything else, heck he hasn't even had the energy to reply yet to missives he has piled up. But in a day or so he hoped to be finished with the Normal Plough and can begin concentrating on his fields and Barrels of liquid gold that needed tending so that they can be corked and added to his larder.

Sir Joshua has been thinking quite a lot lately on matters and he is starting to think that perhaps he might work all his land himself instead of hiring out as he is quickly realizing that the jobs are not being taken and he might fair better just doing it himself and more produce will be stored in his larder for the fast approaching winter. He is already starting to notice a slight chill in the air at night and for the first time he actually stayed bundled up lately in his warm wool blankets all night when he is in slumber. Meaning the weather is changing to a fall setting.

The Imperial Majesty has returned back from his what Sir Joshua assumed progress and was making announcements once again. There was a event coming up and if his memory served him correctly it was a massive feast of one that last year got him a Celebration Raiment Armor piece that has been very helpful since getting it about a year ago. He has used it quite a lot with its added benefits and enchantments that came with it wearing it. He even think the events named is Autumn Feasts. Every kingdom in the Realm of control of his Imperial Majesty participated some more then others and the perks was added Stamina for the winning Kingdom which last year he thought was Kingdom of Spero perhaps. He tends to forget some stuff this being one of those things apparently.

Sir Joshua sat back down exhausted beyond belief from all the Blacksmith work he has done over the last few days, who knew making a tool could be so demanding and exhausting. He still had the pungent smell of metal heated up and wood etc in his nostrils. Something he didnt particular care for but it was a necessary evil and something he had to endure to work his fields himself. Besides he posted yet another field job opportunity this time one of his Hops fields and no takers to it either. He really needed to finish this so he can do the work himself. 

His father says if you wish to get stuff done do it yourself. He was coming to realize his father was quite the smart man, which also made him think where was his monthly shipment his father always sent it has not yet arrived as well as a letter even. Perhaps his father was not well, but surely word would of been sent. Another thing added to the list of thoughts swimming in Sir Joshua's mind. 

Something else on his mind he went to the local market last few days to purchase some meals and came to realize they were way to high in price in his mind so he would look into saving some bronze perhaps making his own meals as well. Sir Joshua was thinking perhaps its best if he just did everything himself. Save a whole lot of bronze along the way.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Sir Joshua was out in one of his fields working when a rider was racing toward him at a alarming rate and when the rider got closer he noticed the rider bore the Tunic of his father he thought to himself this cannot be good as fast and hard as the rider seemed to be pushing the horse as he could tell the horse was really being pushed. The rider arrives and jumps down and bow's and hold out his hand with a missive carrying his father's household upon it meaning this came not from his father but one of his father's high servants.

He puts down his plow and grabs the missive from the servants hand and opens it.

Royal Steward of King Andrew Naughton wrote:Your Royal Highness,

Your father was being stubborn and to prideful and decided to take on a ravage dog that had been menacing the market without armor and has been gravely injured we have been trying everything in our powers to stop the bleeding but are unable as of this writing to stop the bleeding. 

We have sent out missives for assistance and pray they reach us in time. I write this missive to inform you that there is a high possibility your father will not survive as he has lost a lot of blood and his life is fading quickly. Please pray for your father's recovery and ask for assistance in saving your father in your prayers. I will write again with an update or even your father will send a missive on his own accord which is our hopes.

There is no need for you to return home as you would not make it here we fear in time anyways our only hope is that the missives we have dispatched here get to there targets and an immediate response is given. 

Humbly,

HRM Andrew Naughton's Royal Steward 

Sir Joshua sits down on the ground and immediately puts his hands together and starts praying silently while the messenger awaits His Highness's commands.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:50 am

Grail Noble Lord Norton stretched and climbed out of bed and realized it was a new year and as such his steward would be be waiting to give his yearly report to his master. Josh hated this day some years and loved it other years, he decided to get it over with and see how the lands did for him for the year and if his coffers increased or depleted lower.

Nobleman Norton splashed cold water on his face from the water basin in his bedchamber and immediately was angered as it was not heated as he liked it every morning, he would take care of it later after he broke fast and listened to his stewards accounts. He went to hearth and warmed up a bit and then headed to the table where his morning food was sat out already and the steward waited with papers in his hands and his masters word to begin. 

Joshua took a gulp of warmed milk and grabbed a a chunk of meat chewed it up and swallowed it and then spoke:

"Alright steward begin your findings"

The steward stepped forward and said:

"Your Highness for the End of Year report the coffers ended with 8 Gold, 79 Silver and 35 Bronze and 4055 Grail Tokens. Which was an increase of  14,315 Bronze and 2,813 Grail Tokens from the previous year. The order of 10 silver per Diem a month to a squires fee to the Kingdom of Camaar ate into the coffers a little but in my opinion having an increase was still good for the year Your Highness. The next item was the total harvest of your fields as you asked me to keep records of it and report back I can say as follows for the previous year. 859 Potatoes, 661 Vegetables,499 Grapes,667 Corn,and 736 Wheat. The Hops field was unrecorded as you took the Harvest and had it processed into beer. The Harvest has been placed in the Kingdom of Camaar's market for sale as also instructed and the Larder is emptied  for the new year. The Grail Token increase was due to your fathers shipment at the end of year of 2 Colossal Token Chests.

Noble Norton listened smiled and said:"Excellent to hear good news first thing on a new year, but this year I want more Bronze in my coffer and I think its time to change a few things, First thing I have notified King of Camaar Framer Ted that I will be withdrawing my support of a squire as I do not find it beneficial any longer. Next this year the fields will be less looked after attentively as I am going to be concentrating on other pursuits. If you want to fill coffers fast its perhaps time for me to go back to how I did it in the beginning when I arrived I have decided, As the year goes along I will evaluate the progress the estates have made and adjust accordingly. Another thing find me another chamber-man as the old one had cold water in my water basin this morning.  That is all Steward!" 

HRH Joshua Norton went to the kitchen and located his chamber-man and grabbed him and plunged a dagger into his chest, and let him fall to the floor gasping for air and watched as the life left him and his eyes got wide and the pupils turned into black saucers, then he formed a a side smile and leaned down and cleaned off the dagger and sheathed it back into the holder on his person and left the man laying for the kitchen staff to take care of and went to sit by the fire to warm and drink some in quiet while he thought on all he wished to accomplish and plans on how to get what he wanted this year.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am

The following night, rumors and wild speculation start to spread through the tavern about Lord Norton's former chamber-man.....

"I heard from my cousin that during a delivery her friend the kitchen maid was really upset about it all.....but that the cook told her brother that..."

"Why did he kill him?"

"I heard the chamber man was a thief and stole 10 silver"

"Perhaps they were secret lovers..." 

The one rumor that Jubilee dismissed right away was that said chamber man was killed over cold wash water in the dead of winter.  It seemed out of character to her from the generous person she'd seen of Lord Norton to have a lethal temper over something so small. But she didn't really know the man did she?  But whatever reason Lord Norton had for killing his servant, Jubilee and many others that night concluded that they would do what they could to stay on Lord Norton's good side and never invoke his wrath.

Jubilee
Seeker

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Lord Norton stretched and got up and felt better now rested from his very successful defense of Camaar from the Filthy Winter Barbarians that thought they would fight  this time and take plunder aplenty from many households to find their wealth.

He went over to the table splashed his face and went to his plate in his room and ate some cheese,cold meats, and drank a honey ale to break his fast for the night. He then looked at his plunder from the Barbarians he killed this year they were much more stronger this year as previous years but not strong enough to win the battles that lasted for 7 straight days before they were finally driven back once more.

Lord Norton looked at his armor and weapon then  decided it was time to start polishing and sharpening and repair so it did not break but he was very pleased to gain a Gauntlet of Triumph as blunder from one of the more established Barbarians he wondered where the barbarians got it from as well as 2 other pieces of armor but they were now part of his storage he had to decide if he was going to use the Gauntlet of Triumph or sell it on the open market for a pretty price.  The silver and bronze has already been added to his coffers. His fields remained unused as he had taken to purse cutting a little and taking field work in Kingdom of Camaar so far this year. He has got arrested 1 time so far and vows to never get arrested again.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:48 am

Lord Norton heard that the Winter Barbarians were back again to try and plunder the Kingdom of Camaar and the other Kingdoms, they will never learn. So he put on his polished armor and grabbed his sharpened Axe and went to confront them none the less and hoped to get good stuff this year from them. Lord Norton also took a scribe to record his findings and plunder's for after the Winter Barbarians were defeated he would have an accounting of all the plunder from chest with items in it and bronze taken from the corpses of the fallen he put down with his mighty axe.

But he has also heard that they were paid by the Emperor King Lord Arogandor to have a common enemy for his populace to use their weapons and armor on beside the Emperor King to strengthen his power on the Realms and keep him in power. Smart move by the Emperor King Lord Norton thought, a very Roman tactic he supposed.

What a great way for the Emperor King Lord Arogandor to fill his coffers more for his fine clothes, extravagant food tastes and Decadent Lifestyle. 

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Lord Norton Returned back to his estate from a successful Defend of the Winter Barbarians. Doing the following and rewards as followed by His Royal Imperial Majesty Lord Arogandor:

29th of Mar 2021 00:03:Congratulations! You did a total of 71,447 damage during the Spring is Coming Event!
- You received a total 8 Silver!
- You gained 15 Grail Tokens!
- Your Popularity increased by 2 points!
- Your mood increased by 30 points!
- You gained a total of 1,400 Prize points!

29th of Mar 2021 00:09:You deposited 26 Silver and 95 Bronze on your Bank Account.
Winter Barbarians 2021 Loot!
Iron Bars -2
Iron Ore- 1
Corn- 2
Poultry- 2
Grail Stamina Potion -1
Crab Meat -1
Dodo Plumes -1
Foempus egg- 2
Foempus Eye- 1
Fog Lilies- 5
Nectar- 1
Sea Petal- 1
Stone Flower- 1
Womba's Tongue- 1
Milk- 1

(I will finish and update this soon!)

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2