(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon May 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Joshua arrived in Caamar with a cart full of items and materials as well as a Coffer full of coin. He smiled as he entered the Realm of Caamar, thinking this will be a very nice location to begin again. He doubt he would ever be able to return to Sarmiz, but he was quite happy with his going away gifts the realm of Sarmiz let him have before departing.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: (ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by karel on Tue May 30, 2017 9:55 am

karel passed by joshua's home and immidiatly pelted it with tomatoes

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed May 31, 2017 5:23 am

Joshua settles into his new home and picks up the tomato's someone so generously threw at his home. Joshua then goes and looks at his fields and went to his ranch to look at his chickens and grab the daily eggs from those that decided to lay today. 

After the outside work was finished he returned inside to write transactions in his ledger and add the coins he got from one of his servants that returned from the Grail Monastery from selling some of his goods on the market there which made Joshua smile as the more coins he can add to his coffers the better for his well-being. 

Joshua then went to the Larder to check on his current food inventory to make sure he would not be short on food if Winter Came the Kingdom of Caamar, he was going to be well prepared. He already began stocking soups and meats, eggs of course and some other items.

Joshua then sharpened his weapons and checked his armor to make sure it was ready if needed in a moments notice. Joshua thought perhaps he would start hiring out his field work to concentrate on other matters of his estate The God's knew he was not hurting for coin, from the generous Kingdom of Sarmiz's departing gifts. He might even expand his farm land to a 3rd Field if the labor force in Caamar liked working his current fields he owned and had ready. Time would tell he supposed.

Joshua then sat down and ate his meal and drank some soup to help him keep full and better his body for future adventures or labors.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Wed May 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Strolling up to the town gate of Camaar on my steed, I throw the usual silver coin to the gate guards, after which they immediately open the gate and graciously let me in.  While I'm​ not allowed in Camaar, few men are courageous enough to stand in my way, the men who were dumb enough to served as examples for the rest of the city, but that was long ago.  My visits to camaar were routine weekly and transparent, I was here to redistribute some rich man's coins.  

I had heard rumors of a great theft in city of sarmiz.  Now, normally I would get my cut from any graft in the realm, so I was coming to prospect just how great this score was, and to take my cut.  The rumors were this man was a politician who rose to a top position in the town sarmiz, only to steal everything in the town treasury and warehouse, before fleeing off to live in Camaar.  Seeing as  sarmiz is by a mile the poorest and most crummy town, I was a bit skeptic of if this man was actually a great thief, or just a no-good, two-bit criminal.

I  dismount and walk up and talk to a nearby noble.  He seemed nervous, he was of considerable wealth, but not quite enough to reach my attention.  I said to him, "relax, you're not my mark, can you help me find this man who supposedly made off will sarmiz's money?  I had heard he moved here".  The noble let out a heavy sigh of relief and replied, "Ohhh you mean that guy Joshua", I could tell he was trying to contain a burst of laughter.  After better collecting his composure he continued, "he lives on other side of town, the smelly part.... In the fish market.".  Oh great, I thought... I hated the fish  market, fishing was a large industry in Camaar, and the smell of putrid fish was worse than being in udgars kitchen. I sighed, thanked the noble and threw him a silver coin.  Mounted my steed again and set off to the fish market...

When I arrived the pugnant odor stung my nostrils, enough so that I to stuff my nose inside of my own shirt, opting instead to smell my own manly musk.  I call over to a local vendor and ask him if he knows where a thief named Joshua resides.  Not saying a word he points out a small shack covered in tomatoes.  Nearby the shack I notice what appears to be a slave that hasn't eaten anything but bread in months cleaning some armor that looks like a Bambi could bite through.

I was quite eager to have a new rich man whose wealth I could redistribute but immediately was put off by the appearance of the new mark.  Disappointed, I ride out of the fish market, on my way to pay Baron the regular visit.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:23 am

Joshua got up and stretched like he did every morning, water basin filled with warm water which he splashed his face with to get him fully awake in the mornings. He then goes too the table to eat his morning food already laid out for him as well as eating utensils and a cup of honey mead which he always enjoys first thing in the morning.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:05 am

Joshua has gotten into a routine on his lands, which includes making sure his chickens are fed daily,eggs gathered and old chickens slaughtered brutally. He then goes to his fields to check their progress and see they are growing as planned and then he goes and stirs his beer barrels so that the beer is ready to be stored when it has been prepared perfectly.

Joshua also does his daily ledger entries and coin counting to make sure he is not spending more then he takes in most days. Sometimes he sends a servant out with coins to recruit local inhabitants to work his fields if they are required. He sometimes visits the local Taverns and speaks with those inside though not very long most times.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 am

Joshua returns back to his lands as The Autumn Feast has come to an end and he was very proud of dedication and work he made for the Great Kingdom Camaar. He cleans up and sits down at his table to eat some food and drink a few drinks when a knock at the door disturbs him and he gets up and answers it where a missive is delivered with the King of Camaars wax seal.

He sits down and breaks the seal and reads it where he has just learned that for his assistance to the Kingdom of Camaar during the The Autumn Feast Preparations and participation in it. He has been Knighted and entered into the "Order of Cups."

He smiles then another knocks comes to his door and this time when he goes and answers it he is shocked to see the messenger wore the livery of The Imperial Majesty Emperor Lord Arogandor and is handed a missive and a very beautiful piece of armor is brought forward and held out for Sir Joshua to grab.

Sir Joshua thanks the messenger and others with him for delivering the armor. Joshua then closes his door and sits the armor on the table and breaks the Imperial wax seal and reads the missive.

Lord Arogandor wrote:Hello Dear Sir Joshua,

Congratulations with your high score during the Autumn Feast! A Grand Master Celebration Raiment has been delivered at your equipment closet! We hope you will enjoy your well deserved prize.

Thank you for participating!

Yours Sincerely,

Arogandor

Sir Joshua looks up after reading the missive and admires his new piece of armor made by the Royal Imperial Emperor Lord Arogandor's Armorer. Fitting item for Sir Joshua as he had just been knighted and now has a chest piece of armor befitting a Knight. He looks at the fire and thinks awhile before heading off to rest but not before putting the new armor away.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 am

Sir Joshua has been very busy on his lands when a rider appeared with a parchment with the seal of King of Camaar on it. His Majesty has requested the forces of the realm to assemble as a threat has come to the domain of Kingdom of Camaar called Pumpking and his minions . Sir Joshua returned back to his home and donned on his armor and grabbed his Axe and shield. He then goes to the stables and mounts his stead Arimathea and gallops away from his lands not knowing what awaited him ahead. But he knew he had to defend the lands as is his responsibility as a Knight to protect those that were weak,elderly, and others that were unable to defend themselves from the coming threat of Pumpking and his minions. 

Sir Joshua did not know if he would survive the encounter with Pumpking and his minions but he was not afraid of what layed ahead for him as this was another chapter in his Book of Life being written. He would honor and defend Kingdom Camaar with his last breathe if need be.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 am

Sir Joshua returned back to his lands after the Battles with  Pumpking and his minions and their final defeat and destruction, though it was unknown if they would return back to seek retribution for their losses, but for the time being Camaar was safe and just in time as Winter had arrived. He took care of his stead ,feeding and placing water for his stead to drink and unloading all that he acquired in the battles against the evil magic that appeared. Sir Joshua took stuff into his home and set it down and took count on all the stuff he had gotten which was Normal Carnifex Scutum, Normal Carnifex Crescent, Normal Carnifex Leggings, Normal Carnifex Boots, Normal Carnifex Gloves, Normal Carnifex Armor, Normal Carnifex Helmet, Grail Town Militia Pick, Grail Town Militia Shield, 83 Grail Tokens, 21 Silver and 20 Bronze.

Sir Joshua was very pleased with his success in the battles with the Pumpking and his minions and gotten quite a large and nice haul for his work and fighting. He put the silver and copper in his coffer, placed the armor and weapons away and sat down at his table and ate some Eggs drank some wine and cleaned up then sat by the fire thinking as Winter had come to the great lands and most likely way colder days. Sir Joshua watched as the wood crackled and the fire licked upwards as a cool breeze entered his home.

Congratulations! You did a total of 74,935 damage during the Halloween Event!

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

12/25/2017

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:01 am

Sir Joshua sits up and stretches as he had a very peaceful nights sleep in his Normal Bed that he purchased long ago when he first arrived. As usual he gets up where a basin of luke warm water is ready for him and he splashes some on his face and washes it and washes his hands and then dries them with a small piece of cloth set beside the basin. 

Then he goes to the hall to break fast where a few servants present him his morning meal, Today's meal is Andalusian Stuffed Eggs, and a mug of Honey Ale. Which he took his time and enjoyed the food and drink as today is a special day as it is a holiday to all of the realms.

Sir Joshua has for a week sent Christmas Gifts to alot of people and he had received some himself, which he was very excited to see what all these presents that have been arriving to his estate contained, but he wanted to wait until the 25th arrived to open them, except 1 that he received from His Imperial Majesty Emperor Lord Arogandor, that one he opened last night. It contained: 
24th of Dec 2017 21:58Merry Christmas! You opened your Present and gained a Grail Stamina Potion and +5 on your Speed!

He still has:

You have 47 Presents awaiting to be opened!

He decided to wait just a little longer before tackling the task of opening gifts that was starting to clutter up the place a little bit. He decided first to begin cultivating another field, check on his chickens, and gather the eggs laid the start of the new day. 

He decided to get dressed to head outside and do those tasks first he would first go look for a suitable place to start cultivating a 3rd field and even perhaps look for a suitable location for a 4th area also suitable for a field, he would then mark the area's and then go check the chickens and feed and water them and gather the eggs as well. Perhaps he would even sit outside in the brisk cold morning a little and enjoy the beauty of the morning sun.

Last edited by Joshua Norton on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to update the presents that came in after this posting.)

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:23 am

Sir Joshua Norton entered his home set down today's eggs from the chickens, washed his hands and then went and sat down by the fire with all his presents already organized and ready to be opened and began opening them one by one, with parchment,quill, and ink he began opening each present and then recorded what he received.

24th of Dec 2017 22:35You opened your present and inside you found a Grail Stamina Potion! You can find the potion in your Item Chest!
25th of Dec 2017 08:58You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 84 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 08:59You opened your present and received an extra 234 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and received an extra 237 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and received an extra 247 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and received an extra 209 Stamina for this day!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and your Popularity increased by 10 Points!
25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and inside you found a Grail Stamina Potion! You can find the potion in your Item Chest!
25th of Dec 2017 09:07You opened your present and received an extra 236 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:08You opened your present and you became a Grail Noble for 30 days!
25th of Dec 2017 09:08You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 57 Bronze inside the box!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:08You opened your present and found 11 Silver and 23 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:08You opened your present and received an extra 214 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 75 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and you became a Grail Noble for 30 days!
25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and received an extra 212 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and inside you found a Grail Stamina Potion! You can find the potion in your Item Chest!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and received an extra 250 Stamina for this day!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and found 11 Silver and 99 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:10You opened your present and your Popularity increased by 10 Points!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and received an extra 246 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and inside you found a Grail Stamina Potion! You can find the potion in your Item Chest!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and you became a Grail Noble for 30 days!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 6 Silver and 21 Bronze inside the box!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 10 Silver and 51 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and received an extra 231 Stamina for this day!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and received an extra 200 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and received an extra 230 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and inside you found a Grail Stamina Potion! You can find the potion in your Item Chest!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 10 Silver and 79 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 19 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and your Popularity increased by 10 Points!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 7 Silver and 65 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 11 Silver and 61 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and found 10 Silver and 53 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and received an extra 212 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:11You opened your present and your Popularity increased by 10 Points!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 78 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 243 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 232 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and found 8 Silver and 43 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 243 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 220 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and found 11 Silver and 31 Bronze inside the box!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 247 Stamina for this day!
 25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 228 Stamina for this day!
25th of Dec 2017 09:18You opened your present and received an extra 212 Stamina for this day!

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 am

Sir Joshua sits down and looked over his ledger and added the final bronze coins to the coffers and then wrote down the amounts and looked back at the previous years parchment with the totals from that previous year and tallied the differences and realized this year was rather a good year as 56899 more bronze was in his coffers then from year a year ago but also he realized that did not include his larder items and stuff on markets around the realms. But liquid asset wise he was sitting rather nicely. 

He hoped as the new year arrived that he would be more successful and prosperous as the previous year. Which he figured he would be with the increase in fields and other things he has done to improve his holdings and land.

He went out and looked over his holdings and assets as a very frigid cold breeze met him and the snow blanked a lot of his land. But he was not worried as he was preparing for winter to arrive and was well stocked to weather it out for quite awhile. He just hoped it didn't last years and that the sun would one day lick the realm and green would be renewed.

Until that time Sir Joshua would relax and work on his plans for when spring did decide to arrive and the thaw started.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:46 am

Sir Joshua grew restless just eating,drinking and watching the fire lick the hearth in his home,so he instructed one of his servants to saddle his war horse and another to help him don on his armour he was going out of Caamar for a bit to adventure a little and he decided while he was at it he might as well go see the witch he had had been hearing about in the Camaar Tavern. He also instructed another servant to pack up all the ingredients as he was told the witch like trading ingredients at specific ratio's usually better for her then the one offering but he had stockpiled alot of ingredients and he decided instead of completing a quest by herb searching he thought perhaps the witch might be a better option so off he went. 

Sir Joshua arrived and the witch was very happy to do business with him and he exchanged to get what he wanted to complete the grail quest. With the grail quest finished he finished trading with the witch for more Red Berrys as the King of Caamar told him they were very much in demand as they were needed for Healing potions and would fetch a decent amount of bronze .

Sir Joshua returned and sent one of the servants to Caamar to put the Red Berry's on the market while he surveyed his lands to begin another cultivation of now his 5th field. After marking the spot he went into Caamar and posted the job on the board and paid the required fee to pay the people that decided to work cultivating the spot. 

Sir Joshua went to the Tavern then and sat down and spoke with whomever entered for quite a while shutting down the Tavern for the night when he left which the Drunk Tavern Keeper was glad to see him go as earlier he threatened him if he touched him again he would be 2 hands less and it would be the last thing he touched with his hands again.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Much time has passed and Sir Joshua has been busy tending his ranch and farms and on a kind heart side donating 20 gold to the new Kingdom of Azetyth. For his donation of such a large sum the Imperial Majesty Lord  Emperor Lord Arogandor bestowed upon him Berthulda's Greataxe.

Sir Joshua has also surveyed his land and marked another location for a 6th Field. But he has also started eating Meat instead of Poultry and Eggs when his purse allows him too going to the market and purchasing Grail Meals. Though it seems his fields are not producing as much produce as he would like for the coming winter that is approaching daily closer due to the bronze or two lower price he is willing to pay for labor. Sir Joshua will perhaps look at his ledger and see if he can divert some of his bronze coins to increase the likelihood of having laborers take his posts for employment. He must fill the larder for the cold winter that will arrive.

His father has kindly send some chests of Tokens too help him along a little bit more in his adventures, but his father also writes that soon he must stop helping him and let his find his own path without his royal fathers assistance. 

Sir Joshua fears his father has found out about his adventure in Kingdom of Sarmiz and that soon it will come to a head in a very strong missive from his father only time will tell now. So he must start being frugal with the assistance his father is sending.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Sir Joshua has increased his wages for workers to work his fields too 55 bronze, he hopes this will entice the local populace to work his fields. He has also been thinking on the coming months and the upcoming in the future return of the Halloween Pumpking and his minions of destruction. But before that time if he remembers correctly there will be a feast coming first proclaimed by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Lord King Arogandor.

Sir Joshua has also been looking at his coffers and ledger and realize that he has been spending way more then he should for this year and has decided to consolidate and put in check his outlandish spending habits as of late. Frugal must be paramount in the future or he shall find himself a poor knight and unable to help keep Kingdom of Camaar safe from brigands and unsavory characters. 

But he also remembers that he has helped bring a thief that wished to make himself rich by illegal taking of purses from people that are active in the market. One such character he witnessed was Jaramy Warren which he reported immediately to the local bailiff to be arrested which he was and put into the jail for his crime.

Now Sir Joshua will concentrate on eating meats and soups to increase his body for future battles and events that will come to the Imperial Realms.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Sir Joshua sits down and reflects on all the events and happenings as another month comes to an end and another begins. As he sits at his table and counts his coins he realizes that next month he will be more conservative perhaps as he will not allow himself to become a poor Knight of Camaar.

Perhaps he will even concentrate more on his tilled land and Ranch as last month he didnt stock the Ranch with animals instead concentrating most of his energy on working his Hops Farms, and stirring barrels to age into the golden liquid of enjoyment. He might even use some of his silver to hire more workers to keep the fields tended and producing wholesome nutrient items.

*Cheers* to a even more prosperous month ahead and a even fuller larder for the coming Winter that is approaching.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 pm

The new month has started and to Sir Joshua's pleasure a Chest has arrived from his father escorted by some of his father's personal guards. As always he uses his key and unlocks it and takes the contents which this month ended up being 2,000 Grail Tokens. Pleased his father's assistance but this time a note is also with the chest as one of guards steps forward and hands it to Sir Joshua. Sir Joshua recognizes the seal of his father and breaks it and reads it.

Andrew Naughton wrote:My Son Prince Joshua,

I hope this chest finds you in good health and prospering. Son I have had reports from several sources that have reached my ears that you have disgraced the family by raiding the Kingdom of Sarmiz awhile back and is why you now reside in Kingdom of Camaar, and also that The Ruler of the Kingdoms there was very displeased and banished you from entering Kingdom of Sarmiz for a time but has since rescinded the Royal Imperial Decree.

My son this disheartens me very much to hear this and I wish to remind you that it is not what our family is about, your mother and I accepted you wanted to strike out on your own to find you path in life but if what has reached me is true you are heading down a path that I or neither would of your mom can condone and if what I hear is true and you continue down this road I will have no choice but to disown you and stop sending resources and assistance your way and you will truly be on your own and excluded from the family forever. So take this as a warning and decide which path you wish to take son for if I hear anymore of dishonorable behavior I will break contact and sever all contact.

With Regards,

Sir Joshua's fears has been confirmed and what he did in Kingdom of Sarmiz has reached his fathers ears, now he must come up with a reply that will pacify his father and put his mind at ease. He had alot of thinking to do before he sent a missive back to his father.

Last edited by Joshua Norton on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix the last part that was not in the right location)

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Sir Joshua was thinking on his reply when a missive arrived with the Royal Seal of Camaar attached he broke it opened and then read it and smiled thinking what a wonderful idea and program and sent a missive back to His Majesty offering to sponsor Sakura. He even used 100 of his Tokens he received from his father to grant Sakura a special gift that he hoped she enjoyed.

He then went and worked on his Hop Farm sowing it and also posted some more jobs up for energetic peasants to take for a good amount of Bronze if they so wished it and after all that decided it was time to rest and continue thinking on his reply to his father's missive sent a day ago.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Sir Joshua sat at his desk and began opening dispatches sent to him and read them one by one and then pulled out Quill,Parchment, and Ink to reply to the ones that required responses. He then looked at his ledger and began entering receipts of expenditures and sales from the market that he had received. His next task was to go look at the uncultivated field to see how it was coming along which looked quite nice. He then went over to is other fields that he owned and looked at how they were fairing. Also looking quite nice as winter was approaching closer every passing day and he wanted to have the larder fully filled before the winter arrived. He realized wood had to be stored close to retrieve when it got too cold out to travel far without risking ones health.

Sir Joshua was out and about on his lands and still thought on how he was going to respond to his father's letter and realized it had to be worded quite delicately or he would forever lose his father and the benefits that came with it. He had to admit to himself that his father's patronage had made his life in the new land quite comfortable. Though some did not like him because of it he did not care as he realized early on in his life there would always be those that resented or was jealous of his fortune.

He then decided it was time to go into the town and grab a few drinks at the Tavern and perhaps talk with patrons that were also there for the same thing. He ended up meeting a few that were quite interesting and one that he saw that reminded him of himself not so long ago.

He went back to his home and sat down and emptied his coin purse and counted out the coins so far that he had acquired in the new month and it came to 22 Silver and 45 Bronze but he also used some already to add more jobs to his uncultivated field laborer's chest. As well as some to the Plower's,Sowers, and harvester's chests. He was starting to think that perhaps it was mistake to own so many fields, especially now that the King of Camaar was asking around to the people their thoughts on raising the Field taxes from 5% to 7%, Sir Joshua cringed on hearing such news but he would wait to express his opinion on the matter as it would affect his harvests when the greedy Officials came to claim their taxes and what they will say is their right.

Sir Joshua had alot of thinking to do over the next few days, and thinking is what he intended to do. He even might add more coin to the Uncultivated Field Chest for more workers to take if they so choose so. 

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Sir Joshua woke up and splashed cold water on his face like he did every morning. Then went to his table and sat down and began breaking fast as usual every morning but instead of eggs he had started now eating meat meals to increase his strength and soon would be drinking meaty soup as well as a program The Kingdom of Camaar had begun and he intended to take the King up on his offer, as well as he already did sponsor a individual that wished to become a Knight of Camaar. He had already selected the person to sponsor and the King accepted.

After breaking fast he went out and worked his Hop fields, stirred a barrel of beer, and then went to the tavern to see if they needed more beer for their stocks, but to his disappointment the Tavern owner was fully stocked already.  He then returned home and saw letters arrived that needed reading so he sat down and looked at he seal and it was the seal of HRM King Framer Ted and then smiled and broke open the letter and read it and then smiled more as the program was beginning in full swing.

He got back up grabbed his coin purse and decided he would require a stop at the bank to withdrawl some more coins to complete his tasks that needed done. After doing that he went to the Castle paid the 10 silver to the Royal Treasury for the Sponsorship of Squire Sakura, then went to the Market and placed the required request as instructed in the missive from the king and paid the appropriate fee's and taxes as requested and then went back to his estate.

Sir Joshua then sat back down at the table and got out quill,parchment, and ink, and wrote to the king his reply and sealed it then realized he forgot to include the records of the transactions for his majesty and cursed himself and wrote a second one. He was not to pleased with himself as he hated wasting parchment or anything for that matter that affected his coin purse or profitability. After having that done he sent the missives off to his majesty by pigeons and then decided it was time to relax and went outside to sit and smell the fresh scents that would soon be gone as the cold would take over and all new smells would arrive for a time, but for now he would enjoy the current smells that was relaxing to be frank and honest. He rather enjoyed this time as it was soothing for him and pleasant. Watching the fields sway back and forth when a breeze came down from the heavens as well as the sun licking his face when it was not hot as Hades sitting in the sun.

Last edited by Joshua Norton on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Grammatical Errors)

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Sir Joshua woke to a new day and did his daily routine as usual but today he decided it was time to use some of his father's patronage from this month to hire a Personal Body Guard so he went into town and looked around for a fearsome well suited soldier for the job and located exactly what he was looking for but the price seemed pretty steep to him to be honest 1 Grail Token a day the fee then there was the dreaded bloody tax for the royal coffers,one of the wealthiest Kingdoms in the realms controlled by His Royal Imperial Majesty Lord Arogandor and they required a tax. 

Sir Joshua thought perhaps one day he would decide it was time for change and revolt against the Royal Family. For now these were just thoughts. He hired the Personal Bodyguard for 365 days and paid him his fee which he thought the man was very excited to be paid 1 year service upfront. He thought also on hiring others in the future perhaps. Never can have to many peasants to assist one in daily activities and adventures.

Sir Joshua then went to the Tavern and socialized a little with the patrons inside but didnt buy any beers as he was being frugal with his silver and bronze which today only came to 3 silver and 7 bronze in his purse. Yesterday's decisions had depleted his purse quite considerably. But he would add more silver and bronze soon enough he hoped. He did get 2 silver from a Blackjack tournament he got 2nd in so that helped a little and at present was 1st in the Black Jack competition which he hoped he won for it was so far a nice little silver purse of  19 Silver and 55 Bronze.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Sir Joshua was busy lately with Hop harvesting, Beer Production, and etc tasks. But he came in 3rd in the Black Jack Competiton with wasn't what he was hoping, but it still netted him 4 Silver and 20 Bronze. The vote to raise the field produce tax passed so in the near future instead of 5% going to the royal larder 7% of the harvests will. 

Which made him think with all the taxes he figured coming in from the market sales and etc, why would a tax be needed on field produce. The Kingdom of Camaar had to have a very large coffer filled with gold,silver, and bronze and really nothing needed to spend it on as the Kingdom was secure from army raids from viking armies, etc like that unlike from where he hailed from before arriving in these lands and living with his family. 

Perhaps a account had to be conducted by the Royal Treasurer of Camaar or someone out of the loop of the Royal Witan. Something smelled fishy to him and he would ponder on this to try and think of a way to request a audit of the royal finances to really see what was going on perhaps. But he had to handle it delicately and with pose.

He was still thinking on the reply to his father as it was not as easy as he figured it would be as the correct words was not coming to him readily, and the pile of parchment on the floor was evidence of it over the coming past weeks. But he would think on it as well more before replying. Heck perhaps if he stalled long enough his father would forget about it as he got even older and he had heard people start to slip in memories over time as they aged. He wished to remain in his fathers good graces.

Other things had been happening as well, his current purse was filling back up and was pleasing him as he currently had 24 Silver and 14 bronze pieces in his purse. This was even after making sure all the positions to cultivate his new field was funded and the coins was placed in the coffers to pay for the laborers that wished to lighten his coins a little to fill theirs a little more. He was even being a little generous paying 55 bronze per unit of land done. which was a hefty amount of coins with a total of 216 units needed to be worked before the field was ready for plowing,sowing, and eventually harvesting. Then there was the fields that was producing goods for him which also took coins from his purse regularly as he had 2 Hop, 1 Potato, 1 Corn and 1 Vegetable field currently cultivating a bearing fruit.

Sir Joshua sat and pondered more by his fire at night of what the future might hold for him and how he can better himself in the making as well. He started to go to the Academy to listen to a few teachers to better educate himself as well. Time will tell if this also bore fruit.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Sir Joshua was sitting at his table thinking on how another month has almost passed and another one was about to begin yet again, time sure flies when you are very busy. But as the month winded down it looked like this month was going to be a very good month as he just received a visitor this one was from the Royal Household of Camaar and brought a nice little purse with him that apparently now belonged to Sir Joshua as he was told he won the Kingdom of Camaar Large Jackpot of 1 Gold 27 Silver and 30 Bronze pieces. 

He sat at the table for quite sometime with his mood rising to a very high amount today was a great day and the month will be quite profitable. This additional amount of coins will really help refill his depleted coffers. 

Sir Joshua decided to go to the market where he went shopping with some of his new acquired coins buying Grail Meals and a Few very small snack meals to try and increase himself even faster. As a Knight was expected to be very top form. 

Sir Joshua also visited the Bank to deposit some of his new coins as he knew if he kept this amount on his person he might be asking for trouble with some unsavory people that were down on their luck or hit rock bottomed and saw an easy target to attack, though Sir Joshua always had a Guard with him he also realized it was a stupid person that  trusted in just one man and himself to protect him so he decided it was best if he deposited a large amount of coins into the Kingdom Stronghold.

Sir Joshua went back to his lands and worked what needed done and stirred his barrels of beer which made them closer to be tapped and its liquid gold poured out for selling which will bring even more coins into his coffers. 

Sir Joshua went to the Academy earlier and listened to a teacher which took a lot of his energy to keep concentrated on his words but he did and after the lesson felt more educated. Sir Joshua thought perhaps it was time to concentrate on sending a reply back to his father, so he sat down at the table once more, brought out Parchment,Ink, Quill, and his wax and began trying again to write the letter to his father.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Sir Joshua spent quite a lot of time thinking on the missive to send his father, but in the end all he ended up with was a pile of parchment yet again, thinking to himself how this can be so bloody hard to do but he just decided to work and/or think on another matter that had started to weigh his thoughts as of late. 

He was wondering why the field work that needed done was not being done at a faster rate so he decided to investigate and when he learned that others are placing their field work between 57 to 60 Bronze a unit worked, he decided perhaps he best really work on his ledger and see if he can financially afford to meet the present prices being paid out. Over the last few days he had some sales and coins coming in but was it enough to still turn a profit if raised the wages being offered. Would his lands still at the end of the day make some bronze profits. Would he be better off to use the harvests and processed them into meals perhaps. All these questions came to mind on top of the one question of what to reply to his father. 

Sir Joshua decided to continue working on his Beer and Hop fields himself. But he was starting to a stockpile of hops in his larder and running out of room so perhaps it would be best if he concentrated on his other lands and the bounty they would provide. His father always says its best to work your own investments and assets then let others toil and take your coins.

Sir Joshua sat back down at the end of the day to ponder what he should do in the current situation.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm

It was the end of another month and Sir Joshua went to the bank and deposited his end of month coins as a new month was about to begin shortly. This month's profits with the jackpot won came to a deposit of 1 Gold 52 Silver and 30 Bronze coins. Quite happy with this month's deposit his coffers was refilling quite nicely perhaps this new month coming he would eat more lavishly, take some more classes and slow down on his hop fields.

The last day of the month he finished 4 barrels of beer and tapped them and began another round of 4 barrels to ferment. He would place the new stock on the market with his current stock and see if this month they would sell out which he highly doubted. He also received a missive from HRM King Framer Ted the First of his name and would have to reply to that perhaps in the new month as of today he was rather busy putting affairs in order for the end of month audit he did so his time was limited this day. 

Sir Joshua went back to his lands and overlooked them and finished up what needed to be done so he would have a great start to the new month. Smiling and joyous as he did it as he realized now he was not a poor Knight that he thought he was. He would end the day sitting down overlooking his lands and breathing in the fresh crisp summer air that would be quickly starting to turn into Fall and after that the brisk cold winter season that was coming nearer daily and by the time the cold arrived Sir Joshua would have his Larder stocked wood piled up to warm him to weather out the cold winter that would be brutal to those not ready for it.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next