(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon May 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Joshua arrived in Caamar with a cart full of items and materials as well as a Coffer full of coin. He smiled as he entered the Realm of Caamar, thinking this will be a very nice location to begin again. He doubt he would ever be able to return to Sarmiz, but he was quite happy with his going away gifts the realm of Sarmiz let him have before departing.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: (ORP)Joshua Norton's Home Thread!

Post by karel on Tue May 30, 2017 9:55 am

karel passed by joshua's home and immidiatly pelted it with tomatoes

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed May 31, 2017 5:23 am

Joshua settles into his new home and picks up the tomato's someone so generously threw at his home. Joshua then goes and looks at his fields and went to his ranch to look at his chickens and grab the daily eggs from those that decided to lay today. 

After the outside work was finished he returned inside to write transactions in his ledger and add the coins he got from one of his servants that returned from the Grail Monastery from selling some of his goods on the market there which made Joshua smile as the more coins he can add to his coffers the better for his well-being. 

Joshua then went to the Larder to check on his current food inventory to make sure he would not be short on food if Winter Came the Kingdom of Caamar, he was going to be well prepared. He already began stocking soups and meats, eggs of course and some other items.

Joshua then sharpened his weapons and checked his armor to make sure it was ready if needed in a moments notice. Joshua thought perhaps he would start hiring out his field work to concentrate on other matters of his estate The God's knew he was not hurting for coin, from the generous Kingdom of Sarmiz's departing gifts. He might even expand his farm land to a 3rd Field if the labor force in Caamar liked working his current fields he owned and had ready. Time would tell he supposed.

Joshua then sat down and ate his meal and drank some soup to help him keep full and better his body for future adventures or labors.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Wed May 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Strolling up to the town gate of Camaar on my steed, I throw the usual silver coin to the gate guards, after which they immediately open the gate and graciously let me in.  While I'm​ not allowed in Camaar, few men are courageous enough to stand in my way, the men who were dumb enough to served as examples for the rest of the city, but that was long ago.  My visits to camaar were routine weekly and transparent, I was here to redistribute some rich man's coins.  

I had heard rumors of a great theft in city of sarmiz.  Now, normally I would get my cut from any graft in the realm, so I was coming to prospect just how great this score was, and to take my cut.  The rumors were this man was a politician who rose to a top position in the town sarmiz, only to steal everything in the town treasury and warehouse, before fleeing off to live in Camaar.  Seeing as  sarmiz is by a mile the poorest and most crummy town, I was a bit skeptic of if this man was actually a great thief, or just a no-good, two-bit criminal.

I  dismount and walk up and talk to a nearby noble.  He seemed nervous, he was of considerable wealth, but not quite enough to reach my attention.  I said to him, "relax, you're not my mark, can you help me find this man who supposedly made off will sarmiz's money?  I had heard he moved here".  The noble let out a heavy sigh of relief and replied, "Ohhh you mean that guy Joshua", I could tell he was trying to contain a burst of laughter.  After better collecting his composure he continued, "he lives on other side of town, the smelly part.... In the fish market.".  Oh great, I thought... I hated the fish  market, fishing was a large industry in Camaar, and the smell of putrid fish was worse than being in udgars kitchen. I sighed, thanked the noble and threw him a silver coin.  Mounted my steed again and set off to the fish market...

When I arrived the pugnant odor stung my nostrils, enough so that I to stuff my nose inside of my own shirt, opting instead to smell my own manly musk.  I call over to a local vendor and ask him if he knows where a thief named Joshua resides.  Not saying a word he points out a small shack covered in tomatoes.  Nearby the shack I notice what appears to be a slave that hasn't eaten anything but bread in months cleaning some armor that looks like a Bambi could bite through.

I was quite eager to have a new rich man whose wealth I could redistribute but immediately was put off by the appearance of the new mark.  Disappointed, I ride out of the fish market, on my way to pay Baron the regular visit.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:23 am

Joshua got up and stretched like he did every morning, water basin filled with warm water which he splashed his face with to get him fully awake in the mornings. He then goes too the table to eat his morning food already laid out for him as well as eating utensils and a cup of honey mead which he always enjoys first thing in the morning.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:05 am

Joshua has gotten into a routine on his lands, which includes making sure his chickens are fed daily,eggs gathered and old chickens slaughtered brutally. He then goes to his fields to check their progress and see they are growing as planned and then he goes and stirs his beer barrels so that the beer is ready to be stored when it has been prepared perfectly.

Joshua also does his daily ledger entries and coin counting to make sure he is not spending more then he takes in most days. Sometimes he sends a servant out with coins to recruit local inhabitants to work his fields if they are required. He sometimes visits the local Taverns and speaks with those inside though not very long most times.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 am

Joshua returns back to his lands as The Autumn Feast has come to an end and he was very proud of dedication and work he made for the Great Kingdom Camaar. He cleans up and sits down at his table to eat some food and drink a few drinks when a knock at the door disturbs him and he gets up and answers it where a missive is delivered with the King of Camaars wax seal.

He sits down and breaks the seal and reads it where he has just learned that for his assistance to the Kingdom of Camaar during the The Autumn Feast Preparations and participation in it. He has been Knighted and entered into the "Order of Cups."

He smiles then another knocks comes to his door and this time when he goes and answers it he is shocked to see the messenger wore the livery of The Imperial Majesty Emperor Lord Arogandor and is handed a missive and a very beautiful piece of armor is brought forward and held out for Sir Joshua to grab.

Sir Joshua thanks the messenger and others with him for delivering the armor. Joshua then closes his door and sits the armor on the table and breaks the Imperial wax seal and reads the missive.

Lord Arogandor wrote:Hello Dear Sir Joshua,

Congratulations with your high score during the Autumn Feast! A Grand Master Celebration Raiment has been delivered at your equipment closet! We hope you will enjoy your well deserved prize.

Thank you for participating!

Yours Sincerely,

Arogandor

Sir Joshua looks up after reading the missive and admires his new piece of armor made by the Royal Imperial Emperor Lord Arogandor's Armorer. Fitting item for Sir Joshua as he had just been knighted and now has a chest piece of armor befitting a Knight. He looks at the fire and thinks awhile before heading off to rest but not before putting the new armor away.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 am

Sir Joshua has been very busy on his lands when a rider appeared with a parchment with the seal of King of Camaar on it. His Majesty has requested the forces of the realm to assemble as a threat has come to the domain of Kingdom of Camaar called Pumpking and his minions . Sir Joshua returned back to his home and donned on his armor and grabbed his Axe and shield. He then goes to the stables and mounts his stead Arimathea and gallops away from his lands not knowing what awaited him ahead. But he knew he had to defend the lands as is his responsibility as a Knight to protect those that were weak,elderly, and others that were unable to defend themselves from the coming threat of Pumpking and his minions. 

Sir Joshua did not know if he would survive the encounter with Pumpking and his minions but he was not afraid of what layed ahead for him as this was another chapter in his Book of Life being written. He would honor and defend Kingdom Camaar with his last breathe if need be.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 am

Sir Joshua returned back to his lands after the Battles with  Pumpking and his minions and their final defeat and destruction, though it was unknown if they would return back to seek retribution for their losses, but for the time being Camaar was safe and just in time as Winter had arrived. He took care of his stead ,feeding and placing water for his stead to drink and unloading all that he acquired in the battles against the evil magic that appeared. Sir Joshua took stuff into his home and set it down and took count on all the stuff he had gotten which was Normal Carnifex Scutum, Normal Carnifex Crescent, Normal Carnifex Leggings, Normal Carnifex Boots, Normal Carnifex Gloves, Normal Carnifex Armor, Normal Carnifex Helmet, Grail Town Militia Pick, Grail Town Militia Shield, 83 Grail Tokens, 21 Silver and 20 Bronze.

Sir Joshua was very pleased with his success in the battles with the Pumpking and his minions and gotten quite a large and nice haul for his work and fighting. He put the silver and copper in his coffer, placed the armor and weapons away and sat down at his table and ate some Eggs drank some wine and cleaned up then sat by the fire thinking as Winter had come to the great lands and most likely way colder days. Sir Joshua watched as the wood crackled and the fire licked upwards as a cool breeze entered his home.

Congratulations! You did a total of 74,935 damage during the Halloween Event!

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top