The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josephs Visit to Spero

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Josephs Visit to Spero - Page 3 Empty Re: Josephs Visit to Spero

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:02 am

Joseph dug his boot onto the lower pole of the fence and vaulted over it. Booth feeth landed squarely on the ground. He straightened his cloak and began to walk over to her. Holding up his arms as he moved when he reached her he wrapped them tightly around her and pulled her in close. He inhaled all the scents from her as he closed his eyes, Every smell that helped him sleep each night was back. He let go and looked at her. The 6 weeks feeling so long that he felt no embarassment from hugging her. So. How have you been?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:07 am

Startled and smiling as he came to her arms wide...it felt very right to fold herself into them....sighing a little dissapointed when her let her go.

"Oh..." Airy couldnt even seem to remember the last few weeks. "I...well village life..oh! I have had a few guests through, and a permanent resident. A lovely old man. How long will you be here.." Looking behind him, realising he hadnt come with a case...her face fell. Maybe he was only here for the day, passing through..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:16 am

He smiled as she spoke fast. His eyes watching hers. I am glad things are going well. I hope there is still a room free for a weary traveller. He smiled at her again. I'm not sure yet, I shall recieve some mail through the next few days and every week or so, letting me know the plans. So if i can have a room and pay each week, that will work well.

Oh. He dug his hands in his pockets and pulled out the two small wrapped gifts. Just something, that I. err. he tried to think if a reason to have bought her things but failed so opetd for the truth. Because I saw them and thought of you.
Josephs Visit to Spero - Page 3 RM242

The first was a hand crafted mirror a special friend had made him.
Josephs Visit to Spero - Page 3 Victorian%20Filigree%20Rattle

The second was a solid silver rattle. He waited for her to open them, wondering if she would think him bringing gifts was odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 am

Airy had been busy taking in his dearly missed face..drinking in everything about him, relieved to know he was here for atleast a week and possibly more..thats she missed him taking the gifts out. The smile on her face turned to one of pleased pleasure. "Oh Joseph...how wonderful." She said with wonder...Taking his proffered gifts..Airy found she had nowhere to put them down, inorder to be able to open them properly.

Planting the hoe into the soft earth..she took him to the small bench sitting in the middle of the garden. Sitting down she realised she had no lap...chuckling a little she placed the smaller one down beside her. Smiling up at him and gesturing for him to sit. Her fingers shaped the gift..wondering what it could possibly be. Opening it, she found to her gasp of pleasure a beautifully wrought mirror..its lovely colours reminding her of the moor and its bounty of flowers on a warm spring day. Her fingers traced the lovely fairy...and it set her mind humming...to dance with the fairies..it was a truly thoughtful gift. She looked up and leaned towards him...and then stopped suddenly, she had meant to kiss him in thanks she realised..flushed of cheek, that was indeed not proper...so words sufficed. "Thank you Joseph, it is truly a most unique gift.." her fingers still caressed it as she gazed at it again..before setting it careful beside them.

Picking up the smaller package she unwrapped the thin paper...to reveal a shining silver babies rattle..it took her breath...and she burst into tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 am

Joseph watched her open the first gift. She traced over it with her fingers. It had taken a long time to make and although joseph had said when he saw them he thought of her. In truth he had asked his friend to make it specifically for her. He would keep that to himself though. She leant close to him. He thought she was about to kiss him but she uttered a thanks instead. Joseph realised she wasn't about to kiss him at all but that he wanted to kiss her so much he had imagined she was going to. He rolled his eyes at himself.

Then on to the next one, The paper fell away and the sunlight glinted off the silver. Then to Joseph's shock, airy burst into tears. He was pretty sure that it wasn't because she hated the gift.

Hey,, come on. he moved closer to her and put his arm around her, letting her face rest on him. I think youve been doing to much digging. I could do with a warm drink. He rubbed her arm comfortingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:12 am

Airy sniffed against his chest...lord what a blubberbaby...it was just.."Its the babies first gift." she smiles tremourlously up at him, eyes damp.."its beautiful..and such a wonderful one..to be the first, I couldnt of wished for anything better. But dont mind me, Aunt Morgwen says its just what pregnant women do." Looked mournful "I seem to cry at the drop of a hat.

Selfishly, knowing that he was thirsty, she didnt move...to be in his arms again..so soon. Well she was no longer going to pretend, she wanted to keep being in his arms. She had missed him and hadnt managed not one bit to put him out of her mind, nor the longing to see him again and so she sat, revelled until she was no longer able to give reason to be there. "Okay, time for that drink" Leaning back she smiled at him. "I wish it was something more than tea, I have missed your presence. But a warm drink it shall be."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:34 am

Joseph stood up and held his hand out so that Airy could stand also. He grabbed the hoe from the ground and lsung it over his shoulder, offering his free arm to Airy. He felt her hands fold around his arm and they walked through the garden back down towards to hostel. So you said a permananent guest? Joseph wondered if this was a subtle way of saying she was now with a man. He would wait until she told him more, before getting lost in his own wild imagines.

The heat from the building hit them both in the faces as they walked through the front door. Joseph still had the hoe. Not really sure where she wanted it put so stood holding it and smiled at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 am

Smiling at him, she opened a side door off the side of the back door and indicated that he could put it there. Before leading them further into the house. "Yes, his name is Edourd Prinshank, he's been pensioned from his employment as a Lords man and has come to retire here. Live out his days where he first met his wife." Airy sighs as she remembers the story, Edourd and his young love, and how they'd lived a full and happy life together.

Walking through to the kitchen she laid the gifts down reverently, before taking a heavy kettle down and pumped water into a jug to fill it. Her eyes sparkling at him "I missed you Joseph..." she realised what she said..."I...I havent had another guest quite like you.." oh that was worse...she decided to shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:32 am

He put the hoe away then followed her through the house. The man she described seem to just be what he had first thought before his mind began to toil with him. He stands and watches her lift the kettle and fill it with water. Then she turns and her beautiful eyes meet his, glistening like a thousand tiny fireflies lit them up. He took a few steps closer to her. A look of utter seriousness on his face. ((I missed you Joseph)) His mouth parted slightly and into a smile as his heart beat furiously inside him. He had already decided and if it went wrong he would take the punishment but he could just simply not do it an never know. ((I...I havent had another guest quite like you..")) He took a final stride towards her and cupped his hands on her face and pulled her to him. Pressing his lips against her softly, but meaningfully. He pulled back slighty. Breathing heavily, to look at her incase she held a look of disgust on her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:42 am

Airy's mouth had parted in surprise when he had taken her head in his hands...watching mesmerised as his head came closer..scarcely breathing by the time his lips touched hers. Her eyes became so heavy they closed, her mouth responded for the merest second before he drew appart. Her lids fluttered open again to gaze up into his, washed green and dazed a little. Some how her hands are clinging to his arms..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:46 am

Her arms had foundtheir way to his shirt, and clung tightly. He smiled and ran his hands down her hair before letting them fall on her waist. He drew her near to him. Kissing her again, this time much harder. His hands travelled her back as his eyes close and his tongue explored hers. All the while praying thiswas not to end with a stinging cheek on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 am

Airy moaned a little...all her wishes that she had not dared to let her voice, even in her thoughts...all her wants...and needs..met in his warm lips and kiss..her hands bunched in his shirt and pulled him closer..revelling in the feel of his strong hands touching her back, trailing warm heat...and it wasnt until the kettle whistled shrilly that she came back to reality...reluctant to let go..she lets her feet fall back from the tippytoe stance she hadnt realised they'd went to. Her lips parted in a smile of such radiance. "I think the kettle is ready."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Joseph nodded and tried to speak but it came out more as a croak. He coughed gently then tried again. Yes, umm. He ran his hands througb his hair, roughly. I'll err wait in there. He point to the lounge then left the room. Sitting down in the lounge he cound't help but smile. He stretched out his legs and looked at the warm fire. Why did it feel like he had come home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Humming softly to herself Airy set about making tea...it helped to return some normalcy to her racing mind and heart. Joseph was a good man, and it never occurred to her that he would kiss her lightly, her circumstances forbade tomfoolery.

Taking the tea tray through she set it down on the little table in front where he sat..she slid him a shy smile, before pouring and handing him his cup. Oft were the times she'd thought to see him there...and the house didnt seem so lonely anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Joseph sipped his drink happily. Thankful for the chance to collect his thoughts before he spoke. Airy, he looked up at her. He was a good speaker, but when ever she looked at him he seemed to melt before her. I am here on business its true. But when i heard Spero was to be where i went. All my thoughts of the trip were consumed with you. I am not sure of what it is. But you seem to be the answer to every trouble. I will be staying at least three weeks. I hope by the end of it we have had plenty of time to know each other that i just cannot leave. He looked at her with an emotion in his eyes never seen there before. So. he smiled. I have no plans for today, how about i take care of those weeds for you. He winked at her before taking more tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Airy listened to Josephs warm, solid voice..his words falling like water on parched earth. Turning her head away as tears threatened to spring again, but she managed to control them. Leaning back her ribcage expanded on a sigh, her mind filled with images of his eyes...and what they spoke to her..her own glistened softly with emotions she hadnt let herself reveal.."I care...very much Joseph...I missed you and I meant it, the instant you left, I could not shake off the wrong feelings that this hostel no longer felt full, when just your presence today it seems to be bursting with life." Shaking her head remembering.."It has been so terribly quiet without you".

"I...Joseph..." Her face worried.."I carry another mans child" she told him like he could possibly have missed that. "I mean" a frown of worry started to crease her brow she could not finish the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:11 am

Joseph looked down at the floor as she spoke. He was very aware of this fact. He had also spent many nights scolding himself for feeling anything towards a woman in such a posistion. But he could not ignore the way he felt when he was with her. He was coming close to his 30th year on this earth and had never met a woman who made his mind venture into their future. Except Airy. He couldn't second guess what the future held and thinking about all the reasons why he should get in his carriage and go home were all smashed whenever she looked at him with her beautiful eyes.

He moved to his knees andheld her hand in his own. Running his fingers over hers. Airy, this child will never know the difference. I cannot tell you how I will feel, only how I will act. He looked at her deeply, But I know how i feel about you. He pressed his lips to the back of her hand.

Now, about those weeds. He smiled a charming smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 am

Airy's eyes ached with feeling..if she could somehow swallow him up in them, absorb him. She noticed everything about him, and now she could look to her hearts content, she had permission almost. It made her want to laugh. His answer was everything she could possibly hope.. "Imagine just yesterday I was alone." She reached her free hand out and gently stroked down the side of his cheek. Her other hand esconded in his. She wondered if she would ever get tired of feeling his touch..her fingers spread to touch a little more before responding to his charming smile.."Garden it is, and I will be grateful for your help..this baby.." shakes her head...I cannot move as I used to..or bend to plant the seeds." tugging on his hand..she rose with him as much as pulled him to his feet.

"I need to get the seeds Ive been storing from the back room, then" Brilliantly she smiled and tippy toed to kiss him..meaning it to be a short peck, it somehow took longer.."Okay, thats for umm...strength.." Grinning like a young girl, even like the young woman she was...she tugged him along happily, to the supply cupboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 am

Joseph felt as though, in a matter of seconds, everything fell into place. He followed Airy to the store room. Once they had their seeds and hoe they wrapped up warm and headed for the garden. Joseph watched as Airy took a seat on the bench as he got to work. After some time there was a large pile of weeds next to him. The rest of the soil, clean and fresh. He had never farmed in his life so turned to face Airy sweat forming on his brow. Umm. What next? He asked feeling slightly embarassed that he did not know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 am

Airy had some knitting in her pocket, for those odd occasions when she had little else to do. She hadnt even touched it, she had spent all this time, resting and snugged up, and the rest, watching Joseph work in the garden. He had such a way of moving, a lovely grace, Airy had never watched someone weed before...he surely did a better job that shen.

Pulling out of her pocket the packets of seed she stood and came close, "now we plant".
Sectioning off a section of the garden with her hands, "that part will be for carrots, there pumpkin", she handed him each different packet and continued down the garden showing him where to plant "and you need to have 10 fingers between each seed"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 am

Joseph smiled and planted the seeds in the way Airy descirbed. He wiped his dirty hands on his trousers and brushed his forhead with the back of his arm, leaving a smudge of dirt there unkowingly. Smiling he walked over to Airy and sat down next to her on the bench. Well, there we go. My first farming session, He grinned at her before stretching out his back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

Airy goggled "Your first? You did that quite well then." Smiling gently, she had missed his stretching..pulling out a crisp square of linen..she turned a little and pulled him down to her...the cloth aimed for his forehead.."Hold still, you have some dirt."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 am

Joseph grinned as she wiped the dirt from him. So do we..i mean.. do you have plans for today now then? Joseph had no meeting for 2 days so was looking forward to spending time with Airy. He put his hands in his cloak pocket to stay warm. Maybe you can show me around a little. I didn't see much of the town when i was here last. Not during daylight anyway. He smiled at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 am

Airy studied him..pondering, there was a place she wanted to take him, but squinting at the sun, there wasnt enough time left today. "There is a place I'd dearly love you to see..but there isnt time, its a full day outing...do you have plans for tomorrow?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 am

Joseph grinned. Well apprently now i do. He squeezed her hand gently and stood up from the bench. His back aching a little from all the digging. Well I suppose we should head back it will soon be time to eat. Do I have time to go and buy food or have you got some in? He looked at her wondering if she was now eating a little better. Afterall she said she was getting a cow. Surely that would help. He held his hand out to her and pulled her up slowly. The he tucked his arm around her waist and walked with her back to the hostel.

Once inside he took off his cloak and hung it on a wooden peg, sticking out of the wall. Sitting down in a comfy armchair he stretched out his legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 am

Airy left him there, while she went to the front room..coming back, she sat on the arm of his chair..looking at him with a smile, he was very handsome..sighing softly. She leaned in very close with a mischevious grin..because just at the last minute she dangled a key between them, filling up his vision. "I've given you your old room...and I have plenty of food, we are doing quite well..how does chicken casserole sound tonight?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next