The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spero Elections

5 posters

Go down

Spero Elections Empty Spero Elections

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 pm

I have just learned citizens of Carmaar can vote in our election. I move that this election is scrapped for one in which only the people being represented can vote.

Back to top Go down

Spero Elections Empty Re: Spero Elections

Post by Brown Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:07 am

I just want to point out that the announcement from Aro does say

It does say all seekers can vote so your response is not really valid. Also in response to that anyone was allowed to put their name in to become the town leader and if what you said happened the people that didn't live in town that wanted to be the town leader wouldn't be able to vote then.

With that said nothing can be changed for this election but maybe future ones. Who knows
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

The new leader of Spero is a matter to all Seekers!
Not only those who currently have their residence in Spero.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:34 pm

It's going to be hard with the mood I'm currently in(not due to anything here) to write this with out getting snippy.

To Brown,

I'm sorry brown, but just because Aro says something doesn't make him right, or anything I say(or anyone else) invalid.

I'm a human being not a robot, and I don't want to be a robot and things will go alot better if people realize I'm not going to keep my mouth shut and praise the almighty Aro for brownie points.

Yes its his game, he can do what he wants with it, and yes he's going to do what he wants with it. No arguing that, but how about we have a conversation instead of taking turns shutting things down because some people can't handle the concept that someone might have a different opinion then Dear Leader. It would be nice to actually talk instead of dealing with incoherent accusations that just shut down topics when people bring forth things they think are problems.

To Aro,

The President of the United States pretty much effects the entire world, however only the people he's (supposed to) be serving get to vote on him. I'm sorry, but explain to me how people living in Carmaar would be voting for the good of spero, and not of carmaar? You can't, and the person leading the town should be voted on by the people in the town, who have their and the towns interest in mind, not another towns.

Not that it really matters considering that buying votes means it goes to whoever has the biggest check book, which is another issue entirely.

Last edited by Cougar on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Directing my comments to who I'm responding to, as I'm talking to more then one person and not everything is applied to them all.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:05 pm

When does the day end, the poll was tied Jill and Axel at 49 votes each, but it is still going so apparently the end of the day doesn't mean reset as most of us understood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 pm

I do think only town citizens should be able to vote for their own leaders. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. 

The vote is tied. What determines the tie-breaker?
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 am

There will be a second election, between just Jill and I, over a 48 hr timeframe.  Each player will receive one vote, no buying votes this round Smile

This election will still be open to both Spero's and Camaar's citizens.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:27 am

I just want to say that I think everyone should be able to vote. It's more realistic that way in my opinion. I also think that changing it so that only citizens of Spero could vote for who leads Spero would narrow the scope of the game. As it stands, it allows for more possibilities for political intrigue, as well as opens up avenues for the candidates to swing the election in their favour.

I don't really have much time to type out everything I think about the topic at the moment, but if anyone wants me to elaborate on anything I'll be back around reset.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Yea, at least for now let everyone vote. Until we have lots more people at least.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Crazy times. It's like an American voting for the Australian Prime Minister.

Anyways, congratulations Axel.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Helfdane wrote:Crazy times. It's like an American voting for the Australian Prime Minister.

Anyways, congratulations Axel.
hmm, more like a NYer voting in NJ; but I do agree with the point.

thing is, only 41 people voted, so I was just thinking activity wise, its just some small fun for everyone in the game to enjoy for now is all. Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 am

Only 39 people voted, the other 2 were freebies for Jill and I to start the election off.

I'm not positive if less people voted in the tie-breaking election, but I think there may have been since there was less time and it seemed considerably less publicized.  I know there was at least some confusion as to where to vote as well.

I would not agree with a town being able to vote in another town's election if it were not owned by the same person.  Both towns were built and are managed by the Grail Lords,  Lord Aro holds elections in his towns to find a mayor to temporarily monitor it for him.  His constituents are the entire Grail Realm so he chooses to allow his whole nation a voice in any election, there are no term limits or removal processes.  If later, as the game progresses, a player were to build his own town, or Camaar or Spero were successful in seceding from the Grail Realm, I would argue that the owner of that town should be able to choose how the elections are done, if there are any for that matter.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down