Town Elections

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Town Elections

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Dear Seekers,

We are currently working on the Town Elections. So far we finished the first part of the Town Election process and we thought it is time to share ideas.

This is how it currently is going to be:

+ Phase I:
Any citizen who is older then 30 days and in his/her home town, can start a poll requesting new Town Elections. This action costs nothing, obviously that seekers votes for new town elections. During a period of 7 days, the poll is running and all citizens (who are in their home town & older then 30 days) can vote for either new elections or not. After 7 days the poll ends and if 60% or more of the people voted in the poll voted for new elections then new elections will be organized in that town. If not, the poll ends and a new poll can be started the day after.

+ Phase II:
During a period of 7 days citizens of the town can place their candidature for the upcoming elections. Only Citizens older then 30 days can place themselves candidate. The current town leader can also place his/her candidature again. Becoming a candidate does cost 10 silver, in exchange the candidate has some room to place his/her announcement for the election.

+ Phase III:
Citizens of the town can vote for their new Town Leader. Also this phase will last for 7 days. Each citizen has one vote and each citizen can buy one additional vote in exchange for 100 Grail Tokens. The person with the highest amount of votes becomes the new Town Leader. If there is a tie, the candidate who registered first will be announced the winner.

It is very simular like the previous elections we had, only there no longer is any interference from The Grail Lords.
This still is not final, so please share your suggestions with us, give us your positive criticism and applaud if you like it Wink

Number of posts : 2487
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Elections

Post by karel on Fri May 02, 2014 5:16 pm

I suggest that there is a mandatory period where there can no elections because otherwise there could be elections every day or so

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Fri May 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Yap, something like... 

1 - After a seeker gets elected, there's a 30 day period where no new elections can be voted.

2 - After a poll for a new election gets turned down, another poll can't be done right away, only in 7 or 14 days.

Other than that, it seems great. Hmmm except... in my opinion:
- 7 days to wait for candidates is perfect - 7 days to vote is maybe too much! I'd go for 3 days only...
- It would be cool not knowing the updated results of voting instantly! It may undermine and change voters' decisions in an undesired way...
Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Sat May 03, 2014 2:04 am

But knowing the updated results is cool to have...  It really can help prevent a candidate most undesired by a majority of the people from getting elected due to most votes being split 4 ways.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Sat May 03, 2014 6:28 am

Yes. People are voting to what's in more convenient to them... Instead of voting on who they think it could be the best leader :p we diverge on what should be the fairer way!
Harold
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat May 03, 2014 1:01 pm

I suggest that there is a mandatory period where there can no elections because otherwise there could be elections every day or so
There will be a period of at least 60 days where there can't be elections or polls for elections.

7 days to wait for candidates is perfect - 7 days to vote is maybe too much! I'd go for 3 days only...
We must take in consideration that you can only vote when you are in your home-town. So 7 days is perfect to prepare a travel to your home-town and be in time before the poll or election ends.

I think the results should be visual to the people, it creates more activity and determination of the candidates to win or change the tide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Sat May 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Harold wrote:Yes. People are voting to what's in more convenient to them... Instead of voting on who they think it could be the best leader :p we diverge on what should be the fairer way!

No they aren't, they are still voting for who they think would be the best leader.  Only some may switch their vote if its later in the race to who they think would be the best leader out of the candidates that are likely to win.  Having a second election between the top two candidates could be a way to make having the voting be undisclosed and still feasible, but it could still lead to bad results if there's say 10 or more candidates.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 pm

7 days to wait for candidates is perfect - 7 days to vote is maybe too much! I'd go for 3 days only...
We must take in consideration that you can only vote when you are in your home-town. So 7 days is perfect to prepare a travel to your home-town and be in time before the poll or election ends.

I think the results should be visual to the people, it creates more activity and determination of the candidates to win or change the tide.
When you launch the candidates time, people already know there will be elections... so they already have the 7-day frame, plus the x days to vote.

Yes, they would be still be voting for the best leader - contingent on who's remaining in the race...! So it's "half"-convenience, "half" best leader!
10 candidates may be unlikely if there's 10 silver to join - which a find a good measure! However, where do those 10 silver go to? Town Hall, or will they disappear from the game?
Harold
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Tue May 06, 2014 12:43 pm

60 days can be a very long time if someone goes inactive in their first week.
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat May 10, 2014 6:53 am

Dear Seekers,

The future of the Towns and their council will now lay completely in your hands! No longer will a Grail Lord interfere with the Town Politics!

Since today, each citizen older then 30 days can start a poll requesting new Town Elections in the Town Hall. If 60% or more of the people voted for new Town Elections, then that is what will happen in the town!
During the next week citizens will be able to register their application to become town-leader together with their campaign program. Then the next week, the actual town elections will take place. One vote for each of the citizens older then 30 days with the possibility to buy up to one additional vote for 100 Grail Tokens.
Afterwards, the new town-leader will be installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm

For the poll to be valid a certain amount of eligible voters have to have voted, right?  Would it be possible to have a list of eligible voters made available to everyone in the town hall, or at least the total amount of voters?

Also for the poll... could there be a cost to start the poll for any player?  I saw that the amount of time between polls changed from 7 to 3 days, which is fine, but now everytime I look at the town hall there's always a poll going on Sad  I was thinking if there was a cost to begin a new poll that the one guy that keeps asking for another election might wait a little while longer before trying again a week after having a poll with 11/14 in favor of no elections.  The cost could be for setup and administrative fees, like 10 silver... half the cost could be waste, the other half could go to town administrators... ahh such as myself... for their services. Very Happy

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:41 pm

I will see what additional population information I can add on the poll.

Requesting a poll should remain costless. After all it costs money to become a candidate for the eleciton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:10 am

Awww man, so I was inactive for a few days and I come back in the hospital with a letter from a buddy saying the poll determined there would be a new election...  Anyway, so I got outta there and went to sign up for it, but after I did I saw that the election had 1 in favor of elections and 0 not.  I'm assuming this is still the process for polls

+ Phase I:
Any citizen who is older then 30 days and in his/her home town, can start a poll requesting new Town Elections. This action costs nothing, obviously that seekers votes for new town elections. During a period of 7 days, the poll is running and all citizens (who are in their home town & older then 30 days) can vote for either new elections or not. After 7 days the poll ends and if 60% or more of the people voted in the poll voted for new elections then new elections will be organized in that town. If not, the poll ends and a new poll can be started the day after.

So I guess its probably a bug... can I have that 10 silver back?

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 am

You will get your silver back Axel. I still need to fix this bug. But didn't get the time for doing this so far. Weekend tomorrow, I should be able to fix all nasty bugs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 am

The Elections should work normally again & have been reset!
Axel, 10 silver has been refunded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks sir

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Every time I try to start a poll, I think it shows for a day and then it goes away...  So still not working right now.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Oh....I'll look for this issue tomorrow :/ I really thought I fixed the mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Town Elections have been updated again.
Starting a poll as a citizen costs now 100 stamina. This forces the people to invest something in making a change around. We chose for stamina as this is something everybody can give, no matter your financial status in the realm.

In addition a anonymous letter gets sent to all the citizens of the town informing them about the poll.

It still is uncertain if there is a bug in the script and where exactly the bug strikes, but we keep hunting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Yesterday I voted in the poll in Spero and got to do so again today. No letter found 

(just to keep Lord Aro informed ^^)

Erica
Seeker

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 pm

So...still issues then Sad

Thanks for reporting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:00 am

The link (http://thegraillords.net/town/elections) in the daily tasks for voting for a new town council doesn't lead anywhere

The link through the great hall does work (http://thegraillords.net/town/elections.php)

Erica
Seeker

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:34 am

Same for me.

Seeker

Number of posts : 977
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks for reporting. I see what I can do to fix this endless election mess Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm

The broken link should be fixed. Still the rest needs more time to be resolved :/ I keep you informed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top