The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing the world - November 2021

+11
daradle
Cyprane
Dardoc
Hirza12
EdJenkins
Rusty Lake
Pan
GarHighlander
Ragnar_the_Dour
TheChemist
Lord Arogandor
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Changing the world - November 2021 - Page 2 Empty Thank you for the Update, May I make one last plea ?

Post by Cyprane Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Hello Lord Arogandor and Seekers of the Realm,

I truly appreciate all the hard work going into making these upcoming map changes to the realm.  I look forward to seeing how everything will change and the seekers of the realm adapt.  I would like to make one last plea in regards to the relocation of Azetyth.  

I would like to propose that Azetyth be relocated to the Purple Spot on the map below.  It is the only change to the updated map that Lord Arogandor has created.  I also propose leaving the road to the old layout as a historical location.  The reason why I propose that this change would benefit Azetyth without creating an imbalance in the realm is that there are no roads through the woods (21 Road Tiles and 2 Wood Tiles to get to the Grail Monastery).  This would increase the stamina required to travel to the Grail Monastery and put all the towns within the 20s tiles worth of road stamina consumption.  The closer location to Camaar would also encourage more trade between the two towns, as well as being closer to everyone else.

I am aware that this creates a town that is now closer to a forest than any other town.  Every other town has something important that they are close to.  Camaar has the Ocean, the closest travel distance to the Grail Monastery (21 Road Tiles) and a healthy path through grasslands to the new Iron Mines.  Spero has the Witch Hut, the second closest Ocean tiles, second closest to the Grail Monastery (25 Road Tiles), and the updated Coal Mines.  Sarmiz has the Stone Quarry (which will hopefully grow in worth in the future), they are closest to the Ferry Express, better access to the new Coal Mines and the third closest to the Grail Monastery (27 Road Tiles).  Being close to the forest can be Azetyth's important thing that we are close to, and the location adds a great visual flair within the realm.

Each town has something that makes it a worthwhile option to live in regardless of seeker age.  The proposed relocation of Azetyth 4 tiles further south still keeps it 32 Road Tiles away from the Grail Monastery while making it the furthest away from an Ocean tile at 6 tiles vs Sarmiz's 5 tiles.  These four tiles don't bring Azetyth close enough to the Grail Monastery to positively impact travel time, but now removes the luxury of being two tiles away from the Ocean just like Camaar currently is.  I feel that the current relocation of Azetyth does a lot more harm than good for the town and humbly implore that my proposed location be considered, or that Azetyth does not change locations.

I know all these changes are meant to help improve the every day lives of the seekers of the realm.  And I am sure that there is information that I do not know that might make a stronger positive impact in the future for all the towns with the current changes Lord Arogandor has mentioned.  I am not the Lord of the Realm, so the choice is not mine to make.  But I feel that my proposed changes can help make Azetyth feel like a part of the realm.  As opposed to a distant outpost no one wants to visit.  Our current isolated and distant location, in the current and proposed map, sometimes make it feel like it is a penalty to live in Azetyth.  

I am aware that if I don't like the situation in Azetyth I could just leave and relocate to a more favorable town.  But it is where I started, and I want to make it the best it can be.  Too often people just relocate to Camaar from Azetyth due to its strong central location.  I hope that with the new forest location, people will want to stay in Azetyth, and maybe older seekers will be inspired to move here as well.  It should also allow new seekers to have an experience that is just as accessible as it would have been in any of the other three towns.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.  I hope that my humble opinion shows some merit.  Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to strive to make Azetyth the best possible town it can be.

P.S. If you need a story reason why we moved into the forest, we could blame it on a barbarian attack.  Our distance from everyone made it difficult for reinforcements to arrive in time so we went into the forest to better fortify our defenses for the future.  

Changing the world - November 2021 - Page 2 Tgl_gr10

Cyprane
Seeker

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-06-05

Pan and guillerm like this post

Back to top Go down

Changing the world - November 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing the world - November 2021

Post by Rusty Lake Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 am

The map as proposed by Lord Arogandor looks fine to me. Although I do appreciate the time and thought Cyprane put into his latest feedback, I disagree with moving Azetyth into the forest location. It looks fine where there is now, same forest distance as all towns. Azetyth will be at same 5 grassland tiles to the Ocean instead of 1 as before, that is the same distance as Sarmiz is, however Azetyth will have both equal forest access as all the other towns but shorter distance to the iron mine compared to Sarmiz to the coal mine. It is already a huge improvement for Azetyth as the citizens can easily become mines/lumberjacks of convenient short trips and expand all their ranches now, easier than before. They can also trade the iron ore to Sarmiz or Spero in exchange for the coal, same as Camaar could - if they wanted to. Or become serious miners and spend more time sleeping out in the open and get both themselves, no matter the town they live in.

In fact the location of anything does not matter as much as I thought initially. It is nice to have a change of map, new content and new adventures.

It is possible that Lord Arogandor will have something in mind to add to the unique traits of each and all towns further down the line, which will respond to Cyprane's suggestions better than moving this newest town 1 tile of the forest, close to the ocean, Ferry and Grail Monastery in one update. Where will the next new town be?

Maybe Lord Arogandor will also have something in mind to boost the stale game economy. There are many self-sufficient players that do not need to buy or trade anymore after a number of years of playing  as their resources come easy and their skills are Grail and they have no motivation or outlet to spend/use those; whilst newer players struggle with game currency, resources, low stamina, tools/equipment/possessions and skills. The market movement is slow in all towns.

Rusty Lake
Seeker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2021-09-02

Back to top Go down

Changing the world - November 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing the world - November 2021

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:38 am

Dear Seekers,

For the time being, I'll keep the town Azetyth where I placed it on the latest map sketch.
I intend to make the map changes somewhere this weekend. For practical reasons, Seekers in Azetyth will move together with the town to the new location but Seekers who are inside the mine will NOT be teleported together with the mine.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Rusty Lake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:49 am

The map has been updated!
Changing the world - November 2021 - Page 2 Map
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by karel Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 am

Hello there,

Can you please add a road from camaar to the iron mine? Before camaar had a 9 square route over road and now 8 square route trough wilderniss and 2-3 tiles over road.

Note that im not complaining about the increase but that the direct road acces is gone now it would take 20 squares to the mine. with the roads.

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:40 am

I'll stick with the current map for now Karel. Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2