The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Squire [Closed to Umberlee]

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

A new Squire [Closed to Umberlee] - Page 9 Empty Re: A new Squire [Closed to Umberlee]

Post by Umberlee Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:24 am

"Well what is it you do Horatio, that has you working so much." she asked curious, but easy going enough to not want to intrude much further.  He wasn't open indeed, and she always was too open and too giving so she attempted to intrude a little.   She watched as her goose came to investigate the two of them and re-introduced him to Horatio as the goose seemed interested and loud at the new comer.

Umberlee
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Back to top Go down

A new Squire [Closed to Umberlee] - Page 9 Empty Re: A new Squire [Closed to Umberlee]

Post by Marcus Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:13 pm

"To some... well perhaps to most... I am just a wanderer. Travelling to places one shouldn't be or has little reason to desire to visit." He said with a grin. "I am not sure what the proper title is, I am not really a historian or explorer... and even less of a treasure seeker. Part of my task is to investigate old places and find old clues. There are many signs that there have been people here before 'us'. We have only just started to explore the world around us and who know what secrets are waiting to be discovered." He told her.

He paused for a moment as Iwin came closer and allowed Horatio to touch him. It was just a gentle brush before the goose went back to his owner again. "And of course the biggest secret to solve is what the Grail exactly is. Most are looking for a cup, but it is highly unlikely that it is one. It is more likely that the name is a metaphor or perhaps just something translated wrong. And that of course leaves the question... translated from what?"
Marcus
Marcus
Seeker

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberlee Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:40 am

Umberlee smiled and listened to him speak.  "You know, you and me we are not so different. I was a wanderer before .. well... lets just say I had to make a choice and here I am with Marcus." perhaps it was the way she said it that made it come off more like a punishment then a good choice.  "The grail would be nice to find, but also if one becomes the finder, the seeker that gets it, I am not sure I would wish all the attentions and fame from it.  I like flying under the eyes of most.  I like knowing that I am not always being sought after.  I like the freedom to be who I am without answering ..." she paused and smiled at him.  "Please, do stay for some foods, I am enjoying your company.  I find it so much easier to talk to you then to talk to Marcus.  Perhaps you will find him an easy friend, but I find him much like a father." well that wasn't entirely the case.  She had wanted to kiss him.  She had wanted to feel his hand... that is something one does not think of as a father. "Well.. mayhap not a father... but bah... its rather frustrating to not be able to lay a precise term.  He is my Knight, I have yet to give him my full trust, or perhaps he is yet to offer his trust to me."
Umberlee
Umberlee
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Some time later Marcus made it back to the small place he called home and was a bit surprised to hear voices coming from the garden. Normally he would have suspected Umberlee talking to her goose, but unless her goose suddenly had gotten a voice, he doubted it was just the two of them.

He placed the wheelbarrow with the bags of flour next to the house and then made his way to the garden. Umberlee didn't sound in distress, but still he was somewhat on guard. He was not used to visitors and when he saw Horatio he eyed the man with suspicion. "Sorry, I was not aware we were expecting a guest." He said. Had he expected a visitor he wouldn't have gone to the mill today.
Marcus
Marcus
Seeker

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9