The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Combat

Go down

Guide to Combat Empty Guide to Combat

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Placeholder as I finish this Guide later tonight when I have some stamina.

Stats in Combat (Note: some skills may be missing)
These are the stats you see when you enter combat, what they do and what non-fighting skills affect them. Fighting Skills and their effects are explained later on.

Lifepoints
Use: When this reaches 0, you are defeated (or the enemy). If you die, you are send back to the Hospital, where you will only receive 50 stamina per day to heal yourself with until you have recovered 50 lifepoints and get out of the Hospital. During your forced stay in the Hospital, people can attempt to heal you (Wound Treatment Skill) or give you Healing Potions.
Associated Skills: Bodybuilding increases your maximum amount of lifepoints and is increased by eating Eggs. Regeneration affects the amount of lifepoints you recover naturally each day and lowers the amount of stamina needed to heal yourself in the Hospital and is increased by healing yourself in the Hospital.

Initiative
Use: Initiative determines who goes first in a combat round. It also affects the amount of strikes you can do in one combat round.
Associated Skills: Speed improves your initiative and is increased by failing to eat another meal when you're already Fed. The Follower Andy the Anxious also gives you +15 Speed in return for losing some stamina every day.

Hitting
Use: Unknown
Associated Skills: Only used by enemies.

Chance to hit
Use: Determines how likely you are to hit your enemy
Associated skills: None.

Chance to get hit
Use: Determines how likely the enemy is to hit you
Associated Skills: Agility lowers the chance to get hit and can be increased by eating Poultry.

Damage
Use: Determines the amount of damage done.
Associated Skills: Strength increases the damage you do and can be increased by eating Meat.

Protection
Use: Each point in Protection gives you a chance to lower damage received by 1.
Associated Skills: Physical Resistance increases your protection and can be increased by drinking Milk.

Weapons
You can upgrade certain tools to weapons when you go to the Tool Box in your residence. This requires 20 stamina. Be warned: A weapon can no longer be used as a tool, nor be changed back to one! The durability of the weapon depends on the tool. At the moment, durability is not lowered in fighting and therefore quality of the tool doesn't matter for now.

Staff
Obtained: Through Tutorial Quest
Requires: Two hands
Speed: 0
Damage: 1-2

Axe
Obtained: Upgrade a Wood Axe to a weapon
Requires: Two hands
Speed: 0
Damage: 3-6

Dagger
Obtained: Upgrade a Butcher's Knife to a weapon
Requires: One hand
Speed: 2
Bonus to hit: 1
Damage: 2-4

Mace
Obtained: Small chance to find one when defeating the Bandit in the Bandit Encounter on the World Map
Unknown stats

Fighting Skills
There are general skills and weapon-specific skills. General skills always have an effect in combat, weapon-specific skills only work if you are actually using that weapon. Every time you level up, you gain 5 skill points to increase whatever skills you want. A skill cannot go higher then your Combat Level + 1. You can also lower a skill for 10 stamina and 10 grail tokens (need confirmation). At the moment, there aren't many skills that work yet or are otherwise available to Grail Seekers (due no way of obtaining the associated weapon for now). Below is a list of the skills currently available:

General
Critical Strike: Increases chance of doing double damage
Dodge: Increases chance of dodging an enemy attack
First Strike: Improves initiative in combat, which affects who strikes first and how often you get to strike per combat round

Unarmed
Unarmed Fighting: Improves initiative, chance to hit and damage.

Staff
Staff Fighting: Improves initiative, chance to hit and damage.

Axe
Axe Fighting: Improves initiative, chance to hit and damage.

Dagger
Dagger Fighting: Improves initiative, chance to hit and damage.
Backstabbing: Unsure, but either increases chance of ignoring enemy protection when striking, or lowers protection for enemies for each point.

Mace
Mace Fighting: Improves initiative, chance to hit and damage.
Killing Blow: Increases chance of killing your enemy when striking, no matter the amount of life they have.

*Needed: Any possible effects of levelling up on your stats. Been too long since I last levelled Razz

Back to top Go down

Guide to Combat Empty Re: Guide to Combat

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:53 pm

LOL...you have to throw up to increase your speed, thats hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 am

LOL...you have to throw up to increase your speed, thats hilarious.

Aye...arn't you at your fastest when you're sprinting to reach the outhouse just in time? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 am

Uh huh, I even remember doing that a few times when I tried to stuff myself too much. Never have I moved so quickly. ^^I just didnt really take notice that it helped with the speed skill till now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:53 am

But what about the decadence skill? if you become bloated by eating 2 much, but you still want to increase skill you will keep on eating and throw up eventually... but I don't see the logic of fat people being fast.

We need more way of increase certain stats I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am

Decadence doesn't have to mean fat, but it does have a problem, yes. If you raise your decadence skill too much by trying to eat twice, you will eventually have a very hard time raising your speed skill (Since you need to fail the decadence check). Nonetheless, Speed already had a nerf, as it's a very powerful skill to have Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Decadence is indeed not necessarily fat or bloated.

If I'm correct this not so positive skill may be returning in the quests, where some people will not so help decadent people because they are disgusted by there appearance, prinicples or behaviour.

:joker:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Congratulations!
You just gained a Combat Level! Go to your Character page section Combat to spend your earned Skill Points.

Huzzah! Combat Level 10 reached! Just 7000 xp to the next one Razz Confirmed your stats don't go up when you level up, you simply get more points to spend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Eh...

Cheap staff
1 -2 damage points.
50 durability - not activated yet.

Master staff
1 -2 damage points - asking Aro if this should be the same as for the cheap staff.
200 durability - not activated yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Yep, as I said quality doesn't matter for now, as durability for fighting hasn't been activated yet. It will be in the future though!

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 pm

stickied
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down