The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse riding questions

2 posters

Go down

Horse riding questions Empty Horse riding questions

Post by Temporal Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:02 am

Hello

I read relevant parts of Help-files and asked around, but quite a few questions remain.
I would appreciate if following questions/issues would be explained/expanded upon.

Is it possible to buy already completed Warhorse so that I don't need to have spare ranch slot?
Or, only the next best thing is possible, which is to buy fully trained horse into empty ranch slot and immediately convert it into Warhorse?

If it's not possible to buy already completed Warhorse, does it mean that it's not possible to sell it once I converted horse into Warhorse? 
The only way to get rid of it would be to keep it in the ranch and starve to death?
Or, it's possible to sell Warhorse, but the buyer would receive it as fully trained horse that needs one free ranch slot?

Dismounting Warhorse is mentioned, but not explained why one would want/have to?
Can't I do any chores inside town, if Warhorse is not dismounted and placed into spare ranch slot?
Can I stay on a Warhorse, inside town, during Daily Reset? If so, do I need to feed Warhorse this turn if it's technically not in a ranch? How can I tell if I already fed Warhorse this turn, without putting it into ranch again?

Possibility of falling from horse and losing life points was not mentioned in Riding Skill block of Help-files?

Are players just buying horses and finding consequences afterwards?

Thank you

Temporal
Seeker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-10-01

Back to top Go down

Horse riding questions Empty Re: Horse riding questions

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:15 pm

Hello Temporal,

Seekers can't purchase Warhorses, however they can purchase a fully trained horse, which can be converted into a Warhorse Follower as soon it's option is selected at the Town Ranch. To purchase such a fully trained horse, you will need a Ranch slot available.

Once you have a Warhorse Follower, you can't sell that horse anymore. If you would fully train another horse, you can't upgrade it to a Warhorse Follower neither (as you already own one). However you can still try and sell the fully trained horse to another Seeker. At this moment, the only way to lose your Warhorse is indeed let it starve at the Town Ranch.

The reason why dismounting a warhorse was added is that some Seekers reached 100 on their Riding Skill and wanted to raise their Walking Skill instead but were unable to dismount their warhorse.

Being mounted has no effect while being inside a town and also during the Daily Reset it matters not being mounted or not. Neither do Warhorse Followers require any maintenance or feeding. We simply assume they take care over themselves. So once a Warhorse became a Follower, it's pretty much requires no attention of the Seeker.

Falling from horses is relatively "new" and is regarded like a map encounter. It's not listed in the help-files but a post on the Grail Wikia has been made for it a while ago (https://the-grail-lords.fandom.com/wiki/Encounter:_Falling_from_horse).

More updates regarding Warhorses, their daily maintenance and related equipment were planned but until today never added. :/

I hope this answers you questions, if not feel free to let me know! Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 3002
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Temporal likes this post

Back to top Go down