The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrown Off Your Horse DMG

2 posters

Go down

Thrown Off Your Horse DMG Empty Thrown Off Your Horse DMG

Post by Godsfortune Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:28 am

Hello,

I wanted to bring up the topic of the damage one takes when thrown off their horse during travel. I feel like the amount of damage one takes should be less than it's currently set to because it's tied for most dangerous situations in the open world (other being some hits from high level creatures). I just took 26 dmg once again while traveling on the road due to my horse getting spooked and want to see if this can be modified.

I haven't gathered data but my guess is that the equation is set up to take a percentage of health based on max health or combat level. While I understand a similar set up to be used for combat events so that one can't get away with not needing to heal as everyone else does, it seems too much for just traveling outside. My riding skill is maxed, I'm in the safest part of the outdoors, the road, and yet a big chunk of my health can disappear when moving just one square. Can the amount of damage taken be reduced, or maybe reduced more if already in place, based on the 2 points I just mentioned?

Higher riding skill = take less damage
Damage multiplier based on terrain safest to most dangerous = road, grass, woods, mountains 

All of this aside, I do like that ones horse can get spooked from time to time.

All the best,
~Godsfortune

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Thrown Off Your Horse DMG Empty Re: Thrown Off Your Horse DMG

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:04 am

I would like to make life-points a more important aspect of the daily life in the Realm and not make them only matter during the Realm Battle Events. I notice that during normal days, hospitals, healing potions and recovery are hardly used. This partially is because life these days is fairly safe and because the Regeneration Skill has a huge effect.

That said, I agree that the damage received from falling of a horse isn't to be compared with the other "dangerous" normal activities. So I've lowered the damage from falling by 1/3. So the damage received will never be higher than 20.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down