The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition)

+6
Gorthank
MoonGazer
Stellar
Parade of Fools
Gryphon
Eleanor Norton
10 posters

Go down

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition) Empty Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition)

Post by Joshua Norton Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Prince Joshua Norton of Sarmiz smiles as his horse is delivered but was told it would need a name. So the Prince decides to hold a competition here in Sarmiz. 

"People of Sarmiz I have decided to have a competition with a royal prize at the end of it. It's simple name my horse if your name is selected you shall recieve my royal thanks and a royal gift to go along with it. 

Let the game begin."

Please Note: Horse name's can't be longer then 20 Characters.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition) Empty Caliton

Post by Eleanor Norton Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 pm

Caliton

An alternative name for Excalibur is Caliburn.  To Personalize the name, you can blend this name with Norton and find yourself with Caliton.

Furthermore, if you break Caliton into Ca li ton, you get a Romanian translation of “as they tune”  which could mean your new found friend likes music, and/or the people of Sarmiz love singing your praises.  This name could bring you great fortune in Sarmiz!

My best wishes go with you and your new horse.  May you have many great adventures!

Eleanor Norton
Seeker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-02-28

Back to top Go down

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition) Empty Kasperle

Post by Gryphon Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 pm

My Dear Prince Joshua,

May I be so bold as to suggest the name Kasperle.  Please refer to the Kasperle Wikipedia article for proper reference.

(I originally learned to pronounce it as Kash'-perla while living in southern Germany.)  The name is used in several contexts, including clown/joker, treasurer, and at times even as a protecter of sorts.

Last edited by Gryphon on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the title!)

Gryphon
Seeker

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-02-12

Back to top Go down

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition) Empty Re: Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition)

Post by Parade of Fools Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Seeing as we are grail seekers, perhaps the following could be an appropriate name?

The Shield of Joseph of Arimathea appeared in the Grail romance, titled Perlesvaus. Three maidens took the shield to Arthur's castle in Cardueil. It was left behind so that Perceval would later take the shield. Perceval used this shield to defeat the Knight of the Burning Dragon.

Perceval is also known for finding the grail.  So perhaps your name can be a play on the Shield of Joseph of Arimathea.

Joshua and Arimathea riding into town Razz

I offer up the name of Arimathea for your royal horse's name.

Parade of Fools
Seeker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition) Empty Re: Prince has a Horse with no NAME! (Competition)

Post by MissSandy Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Since you are prince with nostalgia I Suggest you name your ride  Rembrandt
MissSandy
MissSandy
Seeker

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 am

How about... Neighbor? Laughing

Stellar
Seeker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:50 am

In case the horse is female: "Betty"
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGazer Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm

"The Terminator"
or
"The Lone King"
or 
"Arnold"
or
"Samurai Kiwi"
or 
"Ninja Possum"
or
"Pecanator"
or
"Pinky and the Brain"

MoonGazer
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorthank Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Perhaps you could call him "Laryngitis", if he is just a little horse Wink

Gorthank
Seeker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanjia Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Maybe you could name him to whoever trained the horse?  Laughing :LOL1:
Wanjia
Wanjia
Seeker

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2016-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSandy Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I heard the contest ended,  Please post results.
MissSandy
MissSandy
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm writing a reply just been busy irl

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Prince of Sarmiz, listens as people step forward with names for his nameless horse, the first one being Eleanor Norton with Caliton.  Prince Norton liked that name alot and notices some thought was put into it which pleases him very much and says "Thank You Eleanor Norton for your participation I shall think on it as others behind you wish to step forward with their name in hopes I would imagine of winning the prize. But I will admit I like the name very much."

Next approaches Gryphon which after sayimg his greeting to the Prince says the name " Kasperle" and gives an explanation of the reason for the name selection and its meaning which also Prince Norton enjoyed hearing and learned something new this day. Prince smiles and says "Thank You Gryphon for your participation and your name is unique and very much appropriate for my royal mount I will add it to my list and wish you best of luck."

The next person Parade of Fools approaches and tells a little history of how he comes up with his selection which Prince Norton listens too and smiles as he is rather enjoying this competition he has announced. Parade of Fools then speaks the name Arimathea
Prince says "Thank You Parade of Fools for your participation and your name is quite a clever one and very much to my liking and I will add it to list of names already presented and wish you the best of luck."

Next approaches MissSandy and Prince Norton listens as MissSandy puts forward the name Rembrandt Prince Norton laughs a little with MissSandys choice reason and says "MissSandy I must admit your name is quite elegant and I love the choice of name you put forward I wish you the best of luck and your name has been added to my list to pick from."

Next approaches Stellar and puts forward the name "Neighbor" which Prince Norton adds to the list and says "Interesting name choice I will add it to my list and wish you the best of luck in the competition."

Next person to step forward is one well known around the Grail Realms and no mistaking who this person is as he is decked out in a Gold  Shining Armor set of exceptional quality and rarity that is very little known in this world and Prince Norton for a change rises and Kneels as Lord Arogandor approaches and says the name "Betty" 
     Which means His Royal Imperial Majesty Lord Emperor Lord Arogandor has came to Sarmiz to participate in Prince Norton's competition. Prince Norton remains kneeling and says "Thank You Your Royal Imperial Majesty Lord Emperor Lord Arogandor for participating and gracing Sarmiz with your presence and participation in the competition here in Sarmiz, Your name has been added to the list of others and I wish you good luck and good health for your person and reign."

Prince Norton gets back to his seat and calms his nerves a bit after having such an visitor come to Sarmiz and participate in the little competition. Then the next person steps forward MoonGazer and she also must be a little on edge as she says not one but 7 names "The Terminator"
or
"The Lone King"
or 
"Arnold"
or
"Samurai Kiwi"
or 
"Ninja Possum"
or
"Pecanator"
or
"Pinky and the Brain"  "and Prince Norton smiles trying to decide if she was trying to pad the odds in her favor or was just as shocked as he was at The Royal Imperial Lord Majesty's visit and participation but Prince Norton collects himself and says "MoonGazer such a list of names which will all be added to my list and wish you the best of luck a good selection of names though I might add."

The next person steps forward Gorthank and says "Laryngitis". Which Prince Norton writes down on the list and says "Gorthank very unique choice and quite frankly one I also like and I wish you the best of luck."

Prince Norton waits as it looks like the final person steps forward Wanjia and says Maybe you could name him to whoever trained the horse?

Prince Norton nods and says "Very good idea Wanjia I will add your suggestion and name to the list and I wish you the best of luck." Prince Norton then gets up and says "I wish to thank everyone who presented names for my nameless horse and now I shall retire for a while to think over the names selected and will post the winner shortly. Please enjoy some refreshments and talk among yourselves while you wait for the decision and name chosen."

Prince Norton then leaves the grand hall

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:20 pm

*as soon the word "refreshments" leaves Prince Norton's mouth, Lord Arogandor rushes in a very un-lordly way toward the nearest table with food. On his way to the table with previous slaughtered horses, Arogandor rudely pushes people away yelling "mine, mine, mine"*

Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSandy Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Sandy Curties to Joshua and say thanks for time and consideration.
MissSandy
MissSandy
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Norton Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 am

Prince Norton returns and stands in front of the gathered to hear the results clearing his throat He says "I wish to first thank everyone present that stepped forward and presented names for my royal nameless horse but as of this moment the nameless horse has been named and its with great honor and pride I present to you all my warhorse Arimathea it took me quite a long time to decide on the name but it has been done and I give my royal thanks and gratitude for helping me name my warhorse and as promised a royal present I present to ParadeofFools with a Small Token Chest which inside contains 50 Grail Token Coins. Congrats ParadeofFools."

Prince Norton watches as his WarHorse is brought into the Great Hall for the event after the name was revealed and the small Token Chest is also brought in for the winner ParadeofFools. Then musicians arrive as well as servants to present themselves to those assembled with drinks and more elegant food as Prince Norton spared no expense to make this event a successful one and perhaps the start of conversations as well as getting to know thy neighbors better. Everyone was welcome to partake in the refreshments and food presented, and mingle among those present.

Joshua Norton
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down