The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

possible combat bug

+2
apoclypze
Helfdane
6 posters

Go down

possible combat bug Empty possible combat bug

Post by Axel Ackland Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:41 am

Hey so I went to fight the guard today to check out the combat update... Anyway didn't go well and I got thrown in jail.

The weird thing is normally I can kill at least 3-4 guards without healing, and I had nearly full health. But the town guard absolutely destroyed me.

I'm wondering if there's a possibility protection isn't being counted into the equation, or possibly other factors. I feel like my armor did nothing.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

possible combat bug Empty Re: possible combat bug

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I will check on that Axel but it also might be because the followers no longer attack while you stand your ground.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Yeah but that basically means nothing for me. Basically I got a bit unlucky with my attacks, which is fairly normal. But I also got hit by almost all of the guards attacks and with full damage... Which is quite unusual.

Idk maybe someone else could confirm or refute that it seems to be not taking protection in the equation.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by apoclypze Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:11 am

I have also ran into this issues. It seems like the enemies are either more powerful or my stats aren't being accounted for. I actually had a lot of different monsters damage me today when they would normally do either little to none.

apoclypze
Seeker

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:42 am

Our stats are all way down. I started another thread in the general forum about it. You can see my stat differences before and after.

I can kill 5+ guards without a heal. Fought 1 today and had to retreat. Combat is no longer worth it. Time for us all to become farmers.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by apoclypze Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:55 pm

All of the enemies are stronger and I heal only 11 hp a day now. I'm definately not feeling the combat part now. I have spent years working to get where I am and now I'm as weak as when I started.

apoclypze
Seeker

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm pretty sure this is a BUG, maybe there were some intentional changes to make combat a little more difficult, but it seems like this could just be protection not working, maybe strength isn't helping damage ATM too.

The last change to enemies nerfed them quite a lot, they are more difficult to beat now than before that nerf. Im pretty sure its not going as desired so there's no reason to think combat is worse off right now.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:44 am

I didn't touch any of the monster stats, so the monsters didn't became any stronger.
In fact I just lowered the strength of the Worg after reading the tread here.

It is possible that some skills are not working anymore and that this passed me unnoticed. But this issue will be solved. I have no intention to change anything on the combat without placing it in the forum. So in theory the only change that might made you fighters more weak is the fact that your followers don't attack anymore if you aren't. All other changes are just bugs then.

These is the risk of updating the combat like I do it now, more preferred would be to upload all the changes at once, but that means I have to make all the changes first, and that means we'll have to wait another x months for it.

It sounds like a good idea to avoid combat for a little while until at least some of these issues are fixed.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:20 am

I understand that people are upset with they way combat is right now, but everyone knows that this world is a work in progress and every day I am happy to be part of this world. I love the idea of being able to use a bow some time in the future and fully trust that Aro makes changes to make improvements rather than to **** us over. 

Waiting a while with combat till things are working as they should is a good suggestion, not the most preferable one to people that love fighting and killing monsters, but life is not perfect. On the other hand I can also imagine that some daring, brave and strong people are willing to help Aro by fighting things and giving feedback on what works and what doesn't work. 

We might not know how everything works, but I am sure Aro can draw some conclusions when given information Smile

Erica
Seeker

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:56 am

> Warning!!! Due to the constant development and updates of this world your game experience might change during your online adventure.

People would do well to remember this - and consider the following:
how many other games have such a good admin as aro? hes quick to fix errors, rewards bug finding and other suggestions. not only that but the game is like 98% stable while still being in constant development - and I haven't even mentioned the constant stream of events like christmas (I always look forward to the present - it puts a smile on my face) and valentines day with hugs,presents the possibility of gaining a neat icon on your profile and +1 honour

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:19 pm

The combat script was made many years ago and really can use an update. This is what I'm working on as soon I have time. I hope to fix most issues by the start of this weekend. It shouldn't take longer hopefully Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Protection still isn't working right. I fought the town guard again which was unusually tough still. The stats in the battle said my protection was "7"... However my armor alone gives me 17 protection. My phys resistance is 8 so I normally have like 25 protection, but I figure that the benefit of phys res. might have been changed.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Armor is still bugged.

Axel Ackland
Seeker