The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stamina gainings!!!

+2
ArcaneJill
Lord Arogandor
6 posters

Go down

New Stamina gainings!!! Empty New Stamina gainings!!!

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Dear Grail Seekers,

In the coming week, we will try something new with the stamina gainings!

At the moment every Grail Seeker daily gets 99 stamina + 1 extra stamina for each full point on his learning skill. Each day during the main reset all Seekers get their stamina refilled. This system works for a while now and isn't a bad system.

However, I would like to change his, and see if it becomes a succes or not. If after several weeks, the new system doesn't work like we want it, we return to the original daily resets.

Starting from Thursday or Friday, each 15 minutes 1 stamina will be given to all Grail Seekers. So you will gain 96 stamina during the day (4 each hour, 24 hours = 96). The remaining stamina (the other standard 3 stamina + 1 stamina for each full point on your learning skill), will be granted during the main reset. So in essense everybody gains the same amount of stamina!
Seekers who are in the hospital will gain the same amount of stamina as Seekers who aren't in the hospital. So thats an extra benifit.

The new coding that will be activated each 15minutes, is very effective and shouldn't slow down our world (altough we only can be sure of that when we do it).

We try to change the stamina gainings, because we are curious if this will affect the gameplay in an positive way, also
if our server got stuck during the day, it will be much faster to notice.

Feel free to add your suggestions, questions or remarks here. But keep on topic Smile

Last edited by Lord Arogandor on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

New Stamina gainings!!! Empty Re: New Stamina gainings!!!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:28 pm

How much stamina can you save up maximum? I see no problems with the current system, but will have to see how this works out. Guess it helps against ending up with a few almost useless stamina every day if you can effectively save up stamina for a while (Otherwise you get in problems if you just do your stuff once a day)

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:14 am

Will this affect the stamina gainings from beds at all?
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:15 am

i dont want to see stamina wasted Razz
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Main question so far, is how much stamina you could save up.

I would say, you can save up to your maximum wich is 99 + 1 for each point on your Learning Skill. This means you have to come online each 24 hour. I could increase that maximum, but I don't see a good reason for that. Cause there will be always a maximum. Endless stamina savings are not possible. Saving massive stamina amounts also might give the game a totally different face.
It might motivate people to come online a little more. So I consider this as a good thing.

Other answers:
- Stamina won't be reset to 0. If you got your max stamina, no stamina will be added anymore. Just like it is now.
- Beds and other possible stamina bonuses will be given during the main reset still, just like it is now. Only the 96 stamina you gained during the day won't be given anymore.

Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Lord Arogandor wrote:[b]Main question so far, is how much stamina you could save up.

I would say, you can save up to your maximum wich is 99 + 1 for each point on your Learning Skill. This means you have to come online each 24 hour. I could increase that maximum, but I don't see a good reason for that. Cause there will be always a maximum. Endless stamina savings are not possible. Saving massive stamina amounts also might give the game a totally different face.
It might motivate people to come online a little more. So I consider this as a good thing.

If you play once a day, you will end up wasting stamina (You don't always log in exactly at the same time), while currently that is no problem. I say it's a good thing the game allows casual players to play too. RL does tend to sometimes interfere. I suggest letting the maximum be around 150% for example, giving plenty of room for people to log in once a day if needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Since I don't always know when I'll log in a day, and generally use my stamina at different times depending on things I may find out later, I don't like this Razz

Unless the maximum stamina is set at like 198 + additional stamina gains.

More than once I've worked barely before reset, and if this change is implemented I could lose some, say I log in right after reset one day and I use my stamina, which lets say is 100 from the other day, then I don't log in again till the next day at the end of reset, I'd have lost quite a bit there.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:34 pm

but then it would be counter productive, the idea is the get people to log in more, that would allow them to only log in once every 2 days.
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:19 pm

They still have the ability to log in just once a day, it's the same issue lol. Just if this is applied it could hurt people who have stuff to do IRL.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm

TheHeirtotheThrone wrote:but then it would be counter productive, the idea is the get people to log in more, that would allow them to only log in once every 2 days.

Why force people to log in more often? That's not actually a good thing. The stamina system allows you to do several small things at several intervals at the day for those that have the time for it (And thus the new system might appeal to them more due this), but by letting the maximum stamina be higher then what you get in one day you also still appeal to the casual player by allowing them to do everything in one go.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 am

i just hope this doesnt mean that stamina will be lost if you only log in once a day. most everything is done with a large amount of stamina, not little bit here and there (fields for example are batches of around 30+ stamina per unit, fish take 10 stamina every 40 mins ect)

people that cannot log in for 24 hours but can log in once a day and eat/work ect might suffer.

example:
reset is 5pm for me. someone log in at 5:30pm will full stamina, works eat and uses all their stamina. now say they work a long shift or unable to access a pc until 47 hours later, at 4:30pm, a half hour before reset. they feed their chickens, and eat before reset, but essentially they just lost a whole days stamina/production. they use their stamina before reset, and now have to wait a full day to get their stamina back.

people will complain if they miss out on their stamina, it is the most valuable asset in the game.

i actually think the periodic stamina gainings are a good idea, i just think there needs to be some sort of overflow for people, giving more options and not less. Smile

i dont really like those games you have to log in every few hours to be any good at(tribal wars ect)

can easily apply this idea tho, if there was a written max stamina you can hold made visible to each person, and this max stamina had enough leeway it would not go to waste...
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 pm

The new stamina system should make the game a little more active, giving Seekers an extra 'battery' where they can store lost stamina will NOT improve the general activity.

People who log in only once in 24hours might loose stamina indeed. The massive amounts of stamina, where you really need to safe up, can be changed in time. Or lowered into smaller fractions.

This is still a try out ^^ We need to have the courage to change some items once in a while cheers
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:58 pm

yea but 'forcing' people to be more active like games like tribal wars (when you only do good if you can log in 8 times a day) might drive people away from the game; which is my main concern.

giving more options is always good, but limiting play options not so much..

a better alternative could be optional quests that can be accomplished every few hours, or special jobs that dont take stamina but take time (optional is key)

ah well, said my piece; if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:05 am

Not the end of the world and for Lord Aro Im happy to try it.

Just wanted to say I dont log into tribal war games because Im forced to play 8 times a day. Heck once I realised, Iwas the level 0 that didnt make it out of the gate.

I guess there are tribal war people that this would appeal to. I do log in in here some days quiet a bit, sometimes I dont, I like the freedom.

Hee hee, all that to say if this fails, can we try Anto's idea? It sounds interesting.

And Im a little tired and headachy...so this is too much to calc right now, main thing Do I, no matter what I do or how I play this game, get only 96 stamina per day? I cant force the issue and use say 96 then wait half a day and get 40 stamina use it then expect a full 96 the next day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 am

what about buying a increase max stemina limit?

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 am

Now that I think about it, this'll likely screw up teaching/taking classes.

Everyone's gonna want to spend their points a few times a day so they don't lose any, they probably won't have the 100 required for taking a class or teaching.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 pm

We try it for one week Smile
Then we make an short evaluation.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down