The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated]

+3
Brown
Dracula
Lord Arogandor
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated] Empty New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated]

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

Dar Grail Seekers,

The new stamina gaining system has been succesfully activated.
We will try to run this for a week and share our conclusion afterward. Please keep in mind this is nothing more then a test and should be fun Smile

Here is how it works now:

- Maximum stamina cap = 99 stamina + 1 for each full point on your Learning Skill.
- Every Seeker gets 1 stamina each 15minutes. If you reached your stamina cap, you won't get any more stamina.
- During the main reset, you get 3 stamina + 1 for each full point on your Learning Skill. If you reach your stamina cap, you get filled up until your cap.
- Special events, followers, beds,... that gives you also stamina will be added to your current stamina and ignore your stamina cap!

So you can have more stamina then your stamina cap, however all stamina you should gain during normal occassions are automaticly lost.

Feel free to ask questions, add suggestions, report bugs and so on Smile

Have fun!
cheers
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated] Empty Re: New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated]

Post by Dracula Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 pm

lemme get this straight
say i got a cap of 100
i get a event for 10 extra stemina,at the moment i got 100,so 100+10 is 110
then the following day i get one again,do i keep 110,reset to 100,or get 120?

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated] Empty Re: New Stamina System Activated! [and now deactivated]

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:21 pm

imm my maximum stamina was 109 now it is 105 is it good or something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Dracula, if you have 110 stamina, and you didn't use it during the day, then you your stamina will be capped again up to 100. After that you get 10 extra again. Saving stamina up is still not possible. Nice thinking though Wink

imm my maximum stamina was 109 now it is 105 is it good or something wrong.

Something went wrong. Didn't find the reason yet. But I think this might be caused during the changes, and won't happen again.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:17 am

[quote="Lord Arogandor"]

Dracula, if you have 110 stamina, and you didn't use it during the day, then you your stamina will be capped again up to 100. After that you get 10 extra again. Saving stamina up is still not possible. Nice thinking though Wink

and what about my idea about buying more max stemina?
or a sort of bank for stemina

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Those aren't bad ideas. But we test this for a week first. Afterwards we can remove, change or add addtional things Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't like this new system because as the day goes on I can never tell how much stamina im going to have left and some people only come on once a day after reset.
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm

more max stemina would fix brown his problem

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:26 pm

I get confused about stamina. is there a scale for everything that uses stamina and what does it relate to? There is much talk of stamina but nothing to help anyone understand it. Can this be rectified?
Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:26 pm

We are working on the maximum stamina a person can have.

It is a little confusing indeed at the moment.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Ceridwen wrote:I get confused about stamina. is there a scale for everything that uses stamina and what does it relate to? There is much talk of stamina but nothing to help anyone understand it. Can this be rectified?

The problem with stamina is that as you improve your skills, you use less stamina to perform the same task. Initially, you use 1 stamina per unit in most of the craft skills, 40 stamina per unit field work, and I do not recall how much for the ranch jobs (milking, egg gathering, shearing, training). And this does not account for EVERYTHING that can possibly be done.

There is a prevailing thought that one should specialize in certain tasks/skills. This helps reduce the stamina needed to accomplish jobs, but can still leave you at a disadvantage depending on what your individual needs are.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 am

beds dont seem to be working properly. Sad
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I don't like it at all. I didn't log on yesterday after reset so that means I'll have less stamina today? Sure, we could maybe buy max stamina in the future... but I've played a game for 2 years with max stamina and gain per hour. Its too stressful. I hope it will go back to the old system.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 pm

I used to be able to plan out my week efficiently and know what to expect. Sometimes even get helpful rewards at the reset like good events. Now I seem to always be out of stamina, and I am forgetting to feed animals ect.

I can't tell if my bed is working, I hope you can check it out Aro. I have an expert bed that cost me a ton to build, but It isn't adding anything during the reset as far as I can monitor (which is very difficult now, bug reporting will be much more difficult) and see at the moment.....
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 am

with me the reset does nothing if i got 10 stamina around 21:00 in the morning i got 53/107 stamina so it is bugged with me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:19 pm

I think we will set the old system back on thursday.

Unless some Seekers have very good reasons to keep the 15min system?
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:46 am

I know it sounds greedy but those days where we got a lot of starting stamina and then the 15 minutes during the day were wonderful. I could do the basics when I first logged in but if I could or wanted to sneak back on a couple of extra times I could throw a few things towards crafting or whatnot. I enjoyed the combination.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusV Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 am

Zeathea wrote:I know it sounds greedy but those days where we got a lot of starting stamina and then the 15 minutes during the day were wonderful. I could do the basics when I first logged in but if I could or wanted to sneak back on a couple of extra times I could throw a few things towards crafting or whatnot. I enjoyed the combination.

Agreed Smile. cheers

It will change a lot though. If people have more stamina, there will be more production. Maybe even overproduction, so this needs to be accounted for. However the system Zeathea suggests will give the ones only loggin in once their old system back, but also has the advantages of the 15-minute system.
JuliusV
JuliusV
Seeker

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am

I think that giving a full stamina bar at reset and then 1 every 15 minutes will lead to:

Players are very creative. Once they learn that they have 'double stamina' around reset-time, people will abuse that 'bug in concept'.

I liked the 15 stamina rule. It made me log in more often.
Also it comes in handy when you are on the road. No more stamina and the town is a few tiles away? You do not have to wait untill reset, just log in a few hours later and you can reach the town and do your business (before the upcoming reset).

For traders it will be good I think. The start using all the stamina at reset... and try reach towns before nightfall. In the long run, when robbery and pvp fighting is programmed. This will come in handy for the traders. You won't be stuck on a tile for 23 hours. Only max. a few hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusV Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm

You're probably right Nogwa. Though I think it won't work if everything stays the same, except the stamina-gaining (once or every 15m). Cause if you can't reach the city at first and you would have to wait an hour before you can --> you'll hate the new system, because you could have reached the town once if you had received the 100 stamina right from reset.

The new system could work, if it means you get more stamina and if this means you can do more stuff. So why not give one stamina every 5 minutes. On the other hand you should decrease gainings from stamina (so people should earn the same, but with more stamina). People with beds and learning-skill may still have a bonus (like 0.1 stamina every 5 minutes, but you won't get it untill it is a full stamina).

In this way people can do more in a day and than it would be worth loggin in more often. ...
JuliusV
JuliusV
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 pm

yea but if you do that, people like me are off

im not going to play a log in the most be the best type games. i like this games originality, i see it growing, i dont see a problem with the way it was.

i see the argument but its faulty.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:32 pm

What if normal people only get the flat start stamina, but people with beds and other stamina bonuses means they get extra during the day? I certainly did log in more with the slow gain system, but most of the time it was just to check my stamina amount and then come back later.

But now I only log in once a day, do everything I have stamina for, then do not come back till tomorrow. I think there is some way you can do both, maybe you can take a siesta in the middle of the day for more stamina. *chuckles*

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusV Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:05 am

Zeathea wrote:What if normal people only get the flat start stamina, but people with beds and other stamina bonuses means they get extra during the day? I certainly did log in more with the slow gain system, but most of the time it was just to check my stamina amount and then come back later.

I like that idea!
JuliusV
JuliusV
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

Siestas would be fun Very Happy
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 pm

i think we should combine all two 1 stamina per 15 min and at the reset full stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum