The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Council

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Town Council - Page 2 Empty Re: Town Council

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:16 am

I'm to often out on the roads, sorry... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:19 pm

1. Your not retiring, like eva!

and 2. Same as Nogwa, although Im in town for 70 days usually, and out for 50...about to be out of town in another 18 days, if you want someone to do something for the next 3 weeks to help out, sign me up.

Maybe we can sweet talk Aro into letting us see an office while out of town?

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Thing is, with most of these jobs, the town leader has direct control. If I, as town rancher, had control, I would've actively changed the prices and wages. For starters I would have significantly raised the wage for working on cows, but then also raise the price of buying them.

I do suggest that whoever applies to be the new town rancher should be someone trusted. Town ranchers can bankrupt the town and take it for themselves.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:07 am

Axel Ackland wrote:Thing is, with most of these jobs, the town leader has direct control. If I, as town rancher, had control, I would've actively changed the prices and wages. For starters I would have significantly raised the wage for working on cows, but then also raise the price of buying them.

I do suggest that whoever applies to be the new town rancher should be someone trusted. Town ranchers can bankrupt the town and take it for themselves.

Agreed, and fair point. I just wonder how it all cycles; because if you raise the age for making animals, and then raise the money to buy them you have to raise the buy prices for food which increases the price of food in general.

So you'd make more, but everything would cost more; is kind of a trade off I guess.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:39 am

The town can inflate the value of money, yeah, but other towns act somewhat as a balance from inflating prices too high. About the wage for animals, though, I really don't think the .5 per unit wage can compete against any resource gathering. Off the bat, anyone woodcutting can earn at least 2 silver a day.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 am

Don't forget the influence of skills. Anyone can make a good living in any field of profession if they dedicate themselves to it.

I find these economics in this game very challeging... I think we shouldn't mix to much the fixed stats as ages, and production outcome...towns can regulate there markets by 'price changes'.

Also, it will be an illussion that Arogandor will make any type of animal or production line 'very profitable'.

The idea remains: There is a shortage of everything, so players must make a choice instead of "getting it all".

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Axel Ackland wrote:The town can inflate the value of money, yeah, but other towns act somewhat as a balance from inflating prices too high. About the wage for animals, though, I really don't think the .5 per unit wage can compete against any resource gathering. Off the bat, anyone woodcutting can earn at least 2 silver a day.

I can make 1.99 silver per day making chickens for the town myself, with a chicken attitude of 49....
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Made some chickens today:

You have gained a wage of 2 Silver and 22 Bronze.

*shrug*
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 pm

I really dont think there is anything not naughty to comment about that...like, seems like you're uh...very *cough* good at helping those 'ittle chickies breed...

I reckon that rooster is your best mate..thats for sure...*slaps her hands over her mouth before she keeps going* muffle..mumble..

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 am

Airy wrote:I really dont think there is anything not naughty to comment about that...like, seems like you're uh...very *cough* good at helping those 'ittle chickies breed...

I reckon that rooster is your best mate..thats for sure...*slaps her hands over her mouth before she keeps going* muffle..mumble..

you totally underestimate my skills Razz
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:58 pm

anto_capone wrote:
Axel Ackland wrote:The town can inflate the value of money, yeah, but other towns act somewhat as a balance from inflating prices too high. About the wage for animals, though, I really don't think the .5 per unit wage can compete against any resource gathering. Off the bat, anyone woodcutting can earn at least 2 silver a day.

I can make 1.99 silver per day making chickens for the town myself, with a chicken attitude of 49....

And that's why I would only support a larger wage for cows and sheep (and in the future if the code is changed, pigs). Obviously as someone's skill gets higher they will make more and more money from doing the work. Chicken attitude is the easiest of the animal skills to raise, chickens only cost 1 silver, and only require 100 units to be completed. Many people breed a chicken for the town and then buy it. So, chickens are nearly always available. But from spending 100 stamina to breed chickens for the town, you'll only get at most about .2 skill. Now to get your skill to 49, I'm guessing you've raised quite a few chickens in your day. You'll gain significantly more skill for raising a chicken than you will for breeding them for the town, and for much less stamina. I did this with horses, I bought 2 of them to train each day to quickly bring my level up to 55. But with cows, they are quite difficult to come by, requiring more units to be completed... So since there's less cows in existence, there is less skill available to be gained by players, when players can make more money raising chickens rather than cows they would likely do that.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:30 pm

thats a very good point axel. never thought of that. we'll start raising the wages a little bit at a time based on your recommendation here.

thanks for the input, good stuff
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:33 am

If anyone has any interest in being on the council please let me know before I make my next trip out. Smile

Still some openings, if anyone interested in running the mill or the university.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Im stuck in town for 70 days, so I can run the uni for you if you like.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm

awesome, will give it a couple days before i switch, if any others would like to take up the other jobs.

(i can only switch once every 7 days)
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:49 am

okay no worries, I'll check in a couple of days then.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:46 pm

ok, its done Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 am

:S I some how missed Tuesday and Wednesday lessons, but got it now, plus missed feeding my animals... I think Im lucky I fed myself :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2