The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Rank?

3 posters

Go down

Town Rank? Empty Town Rank?

Post by Jubilee Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 pm

What is the purpose of the Town ranking system?
How does it work?
How are the names decided? I notice each town has different names and different ranks?

Jubilee
Seeker

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-07-15

Back to top Go down

Town Rank? Empty Re: Town Rank?

Post by framer Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 pm

As far as I know the highest town rank is always the rank 1 Councilor, the second town rank is always for the members of the Council and all other ranks, their names, and which citizen receives which rank are freely determined by each town. We have to manually set these town ranks for each individual citizen.

framer
Seeker

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Manually setting them sounds like a lot of work. I can see pros and cons to a manual system instead of an automated system.  Special thanks to whoever works hard on setting ranks and updating. Wow!

I think it's useful to have a title when you are a council member or something like that. But what purpose does all the other ranks serve? And how does a town freely determine which rank each citizens are at any given time? Is there a criteria for non council member ranks? Or is it just a bit of random fun?  It's fine either way, I'm just curious ;p

Jubilee
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 am

The Town Ranks where originally added as a way to honor special citizens, who performed exceptional deeds for their town. Additional benefits coupled to the town ranks were anticipated but until today not added yet. Each town can choose how to use the town ranks (or not use them at all).
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:04 pm

That's a great way to honor people actually. It makes sense with the setting/time period of the game. Thank you for explaining it. Smile

Jubilee
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down