The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Recruit Change

4 posters

Go down

Upcoming Recruit Change Empty Upcoming Recruit Change

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:09 am

Dear Seekers, I wanted to inform you about another upcoming update in the Realm that might have an influence on the Seekers! By announcing the update in advance, I hope to avoid unpleasant surprises for the Seekers and it leaves us some time to discuss the changes or add more suggestions before the actual code has been written.

Seekers who recruited other Seekers into the realm currently gained the following benefits:
    They receive 2 Grail Tokens for each tutorial their recruit completes.
    They can collect a stipend of 5 bronze per day the recruit is active.
    They receive 5% of the amount of Grail Tokens their recruits purchase.

The 2 Grail Tokens for each completed tutorial and the daily stipend of 5 Bronze remain unchanged.
But I will remove the third benefit (receive 5% of the amount of Grail Tokens your recruits purchase) permanently from the game. Instead the sponsor will receive automatically 50 Grail Tokens each time one of their recruits claim 1 honor for each 500 Grail Score points they earned. Please mind that Seekers only receive 50 Grail Tokens the moment when the honor is manually claimed, which means previously claimed honor points will not be rewarded.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Lord Arogandor and mini Roos like this post

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Recruit Change Empty Re: Upcoming Recruit Change

Post by Brown Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Can you expand upon the reasoning or statistics behind this change so we can have a better view of it. Was it putting too many tokens into the game? Was there some kind of abuse happening? The only thing I am seeing is that it would make it fair to give a benefit to people that recruit new players who choose not to pay anything extra for the game as the 5% was a paid transaction and the getting honor for points is more passive and not gated behind a paywall?
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GarHighlander Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:30 pm

Either the old or the new incentives really won't change my behavior to continue to recruit. Recruiting is hard. My WOW friends could not comprehend a game that only can be played for 5-15 minutes a day.  Looked to my browser friends. Out of a pool of 10-15 potential players. I only got bites on 3. 1 joined.
This change does feel like a take away. Based on my game play. I figure my sponsor has received;
About 32-35 tokens from my quest completion. 750b for my 5 months of play. 175 Tokens from my purchase. Under the new structure. He would only get 50 tokens instead of the 175.

Voting is the closest thing I have experienced. 
5 months of voting results below; By contrast is more lucrative. It would take a number of recruits to equal.
300 mood points, 150 Tokens, 1500b - 2115b. I use the token for the daily 10ST exchange

Recruiting is hard. I would prefer to see more of the voting type rewards; Mood, Bronze and Stamina

GarHighlander
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:46 am

The change has nothing to do with the amount of tokens in-game. And indeed few Seekers will receive fewer Grail Tokens. However, the majority will receive more Tokens from the recruits they have. Convincing players to try something new and out of their comfort zone is a challenge indeed. A challenge we are happy to reward unaffected if those new players are premium players or not. The Grail Tokens can be conversed into either mood, bronze and or stamina.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Lake Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:57 am

I think we are past the 'pyramid' schemes era. A player who does not spend any money for tokens will get 200 free tokens from voting in 200 days. A player who used other games relationships to recruit someone can get up to 600 free tokens or more in less than 2 months, for no effort. 

There is no incentive for sponsor to actually support their recruits after the recruiting point, as the recruit cannot remove their link to the 'sponsor' and if they want to support the game they will also have to agree to support their 'sponsor'. If the sponsor is motivated by the recruits achievement (honor) maybe that sponsor will actually help their recruits settle into the game or maybe that sponsor will actually buy their own tokens.

My 5 cents as a 'recruit'. Although it feels like I am more of a fish^.

Last edited by Rusty Lake on Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced 'bet' with 'get')

Rusty Lake
Seeker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2021-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:23 am

The update has been added into the Realm.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Rusty Lake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Lake Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:58 am

If one recruits is because they like the game and want to introduce players to it and also support the game. The same goes for token purchases, it is an individual choice. With or without being 'rewarded' for it. With the right new player town, experienced players and sponsor support the first 30 days of game-play could probably be easier and much nicer for everyone when not 'tainted by money' gain, and just motivated by the pleasure to play, build a character and have a little sustainable fun time every day.
It takes a while to adjust to a shorter play-style, it is true. It took me over 45 days but it does get better Smile

Rusty Lake
Seeker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2021-09-02

Lord Arogandor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down