The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about the Spero Private Market - Blacksmith items.

Go down

Questions about the Spero Private Market - Blacksmith items. Empty Questions about the Spero Private Market - Blacksmith items.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 am

I have been number crunching the workshop prices if I bought all the goods to make those items from the market, to see if we can get the prices down and start to make it worthwhile for people to purchase from the market instead of waiting and making things themselves. Lets face it the turnovers not fast and wouldnt we all want to be encouraged to make our items? So that we can make it to Grail Lord status?

There are a few things that can be causing this:

1) Scarcity of goods, particularly in the iron department are causing people to put their prices up, just because they can. Which is silly of them, see here for why: https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/t540-game-play-economics
2) It costs more to make those goods and Spero market doesnt reflect the true costs of the items needed, should one go out and get those items themselves.
3) I dont know, I'd be happy about an opinion here Very Happy

Keeping it simple for now, lets focus on the Blacksmith goods/Steel ounces.

Things I considered when doing the following working out:
- The current price of cheap steel ounces on the Spero private market is around 6.50 silver.
- Using a wage of .5 bronze per 1 stamina, lowest wage available in Spero.
- Prices set by the Spero town market

ProductItemCost eachTotal Stamina Stamina StaminaStaminaStamina Stamina
Cheap Normal ExpertMasterG. MasterGrail Lord
Steel Ounce2 coal0.200.4020040060080010001200
2 iron2.254.501.002.003.004.005.006.00
Total5.906.907.908.909.9010.90

Conclusions/Questions:

- Steel ounces probably need to be charged at a lower price, 1) so that they will sell for the seller, and 2) they are a basic unit, that goes into making blacksmith end-products, if the price is too high here, then it forces the rest of black smithing goods up. Makes them less achievable for those that dont want to be blacksmiths, which forces them to be blacksmiths.
- If blacksmiths are gathering their own iron and smelting, I think it costs almost 50 bronze less to make an iron bar then it would to buy it from the market, so going with a market price for your iron bar should be acceptable as a mark up for the product - in other words, here in lies your profit. (remember there is some profit in getting skills in mining, as you increase your skills the profit in your iron bars goes up, so keeping costs down now, will go to creating a greater need for your product, greater need, more chance to get higher skills.

1) Is there an argument as to why this price is the price for steel ounces on the market?
2) Is the price for an iron bar on the market too high?
3) What is the cost of producing your own iron bars compared to the current market price?

Last edited by Airy on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Questions about the Spero Private Market - Blacksmith items. Empty Re: Questions about the Spero Private Market - Blacksmith items.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 am

I'm going to do another one, since I just decided to sell my ploughs as I dont use them anymore, and when working out the price, I found ploughs on the market to be much, much higher than the cost to make them.

Workings out:
- 1 shaft is 5 wood and 50 stamina for .5 per stamina.
* Cheap shaft = 1.35
* Normal shaft = 1.60
* Expert shaft = 1.85
* Master shaft = 2.10
* Grand Master shaft = 2.35
* Grail Lord shaft = 2.60

ProductItemCost eachTotal Stamina Stamina StaminaStaminaStamina Stamina
Cheap Normal ExpertMasterG. MasterGrail Lord
Plough3 shafts**50010001500200025003000
3 iron bars2.256.752.505.007.5010.0012.5015.00
Total13.3016.5519.8023.0526.3029.55
Conclusions/Questions:
- The price of ploughs on our current private market, normal plough at 25.00 and expert plough at 40.00...is probably a little too high.

Back to top Go down