The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potions - Growl

2 posters

Go down

Potions - Growl Empty Potions - Growl

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:05 am

Making a Cheap Stamina Potion will cost you:
-5 Nectar
-1 Vitalizing Gold Flower
-3 Draconian Flower
-2 Mountain Ivy

11 ingredients! You can find anything from 2 to 4 ingredients on average and thats after you hire your helper for 1.40 bronze!

Then this one takes 200 stamina instead of the usual 100 stamina to make. And I drink it this morning and I get an increase of 25 stamina.

You drunk your Cheap Stamina Potion successfully!
You have gained 25 extra Stamina!

Back to top Go down

Potions - Growl Empty Re: Potions - Growl

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Just like all the tools/items/potions, does the cost not increase when making a higher quality. Only the stamina requirement increases.

Stamina potions are potions that must be used wisely. The cost to make them is higher then what they will give you, but in certain circumstances it might come in very handy to have just that little extra stamina.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm

precisely, if you got more stamina from it than it cost to make it then you could make infinite potions by consuming them and making more. It could be useful in some situations though like quests, or if you cannot quite make it to town that day.
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Basically, the uses are very very rare and the cases where it actually covers the costs are very very limited. That means Stamina Potions are pretty useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 pm

All the potions are pretty useless, Im sorry but how can you even expect me to continue working on my herb and potion skill at a cost of nothing..infact by the time I reach the highest skill there will never be a way to recuperate what I paid to get there.

There is such a thing as for the glory of the game, but when there isnt any actual value in what we are doing, how long will the glory of the game last?

I think potions and herbs etc, need to be looked at..because right now, to go ahead and get a skill level in this, is quite stupid, costly and ridiculous for its return. Sorry to be so harsh, but I just spent 15 days dedicatedly searching in a forest and come back to find out that if I sell the herbs they wouldnt cover my costs, if I sell my potions they wouldnt cover the costs, if I used my potions..well we just found out how laughable that is.

I wasted a total of 3 to 400 stamina to get 25..awesome
If I sold it, I wasted 2 silver to get not even 15 bronze value.

Not to mention the 15 days I wasted going herb hunting and daily wages I wasted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 pm

I think it's a mistake to think that the Grail World is a 'fair & balanced' world. Just like in real life somethings arn't fair or even just.

Like your cheap potion, it costs tons more then what you get back.

BUT...what is the real value of stamina-potion?

- it's portable stamina, you can carry it with you. All other stamina is lost at the end of the day.

- you can use anytime you want, and when bandits and playerVSplayer combat is introduced you might be willing to drink that 'expensive' potion just to be safe at the end of the day.

- Or on a quest if you almost reached your goal, you might want to drink the potion due to impatience or due to necessity.

Also ... a 100% alchemist combined with 100% herbfinding, will reduce the productioncost. And will allow you to make potions that are truely more valuable.

The biggest mistake the gamemaster (Arogandor) can do is making potions that will end up with a profit. As then you can create an endless loop... something that shouldn't be allowed.

I think stockpiling wealth is one way of playing. But there are tons of other ways to play this game. Oc-Tabin for example he brews a lot of healing potions, but then he gives them away freely at the hospital.

I don't know why, but he does and he will probably get some respect back from the people he helps (and build up his skills).

But I also understand your point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 pm

I dont mind working for it, but the disparity or the costs of working for it, I really dont want to get to 100% to find that I'll be a real aged grandmother before I can recuperate my losses. That is my problem and Im sorry that I have it, but when even 100% isnt going to get me anywhere really...what then is the value of anything? Cept to have a mindset, that you have to teach every player that comes here. RL isnt this harsh. Your either a serf and accept you cant make a proffit ever..or your a merchant that is all about the proffit. Im not either, but Ive invested time and value, my personal value and I feel now undervalued and that I will never be valued..ever. Going back to the point that I'll be a rl aged grandmother before I pay off my debts for reaching 100%..if you werent understanding it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I can understand you. But maybe there isn't a market yet to support your dedicated work to the world of alchemy? I, Nogwa, as blacksmith and miner have to work in other workshops and fields to make ends meet at the end of the month. Smile

But in my spare time or when I have saved up money, I explore the world of RK and other skills.

But if you have a proposal I think Arogandor is always willing to consider, that's how I know him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:43 am

*sighs* I know, he will, and Im being all grumpy about it mostly because I do not have the real life time to make sure this life here works better than it does. :/ I've never run a game before or a made a financial balance market myself. I can point out to my eyes a huge problem, but as to fixing it, Ive not the experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 am

Dear Airy,

At this point I'm not going to change economic things. I concentrate on making new things, hoping that they make life a little more easy.

The New mood potion shouldn't be worthless, it doesn't require that much herbs and is considered a cheap way to boost the mood of the drinker.

New potions might be designed very soon, and be drunk during combat to give extra effects in battle.

I just need the time to create, I'm an architect in rl, not a full time coder yet Sad
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Stamina potions give now 30 stamina instead of 25 stamina for every quality level. Remember Grail Stamina potions give 250 stamina, not 180.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:08 am

*Huggles* I know, but put it down to my mood is being grumpy ingame. Plus, there is nothing saying that this game of yours isnt amazing and totally unique, I was frustrated after spending almost 45 days out of town, iron mining and herb gathering and coming home and after all that the excitement of getting my first potion and getting only 25 stamina. Oh my god..lol..

Im good now..promise and back to just messing about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Umm, if I could ask, where does one obtain "Grail Stamina" potions?
Razz
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 pm

You can exchange your precious Grail Tokens for a Grail Stamina Potion at the Reward hall in the Grail Castle.

Those potions also can be made by the best of Alchemists and sold on the Private Market.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down