The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balancing the towns prices and wages.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Balancing the towns prices and wages. - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing the towns prices and wages.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:09 am

*smooches Aro* Will do, but seems we solved the economic and social problem between the towns...all for one and one for...everyone!

Back to top Go down

Balancing the towns prices and wages. - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing the towns prices and wages.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 am

My Apologies Lord Arogandor.

Aurora curtsies regally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Oh? Increase the value of 1 iron ore? When do you plan to change that Arogandor? I mean, I wouldn't want to use up all my iron ore before then... hehe... but I actually think the current price of 1 bronze is fair. I just brought it up as it seems that some people wanted it changed *shrugs*. Axel is right that its a bit more than the 50 bronze recommended wage BUT a pickaxe is no cheap investment, the travel of 40 stamina total there and back, and the hiring of Miner Bob AND the risk to get killed by an angry bear or other creature on the way Shocked
Again, before messing with iron ore price, the other items affected by iron ore must be thought through.

... and we wouldn't want people from Spero selling their coal at +5 silver wage a day.. Neutral

I don't see a problem in the pricing of iron ore, but a problem with the coal price. AND the amount it is capped at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baron von Glasenapp Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 pm

In spite of the fact that i'm not in town right now i have heard of the balancing of town prices.

I read some suggestions that the price of iron or mining iron is not right. Or the price of coal. That's right.

I think that the price of iron ore, selling for 1 bronze, is not enough to cover all the costs. And think i know a lot of it because i'm an experienced miner. Some writers mentioned the costs of hiring BOB, the stamina to travel to the mine, the life points you lose when fighting Bambi (no kidding, even a nice dear can kill you out there), the life points you lose in the mine when stone is falling on your head, the stamina it takes to mine the ore and the los of points on your pick axe when mining.

For all this you should get about 1,5 bronze per iron ore.
At the other hand for making cast iron you should get less. The last time i looked cast iron sells at 325 bronze. That is more then enough.
Coal you need 50 times less but mining delivers you more than 1/50 of iron ore. There is something wrong in the formula.
So coal pays to much.

Maybe this message is better to be placed at the economic workgroup.
Baron von Glasenapp
Baron von Glasenapp
Seeker

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I wanted to get the games populations ideas on what they thought needed to be changed this thread is where it belongs. as the thread creator i ask that it not be moved. If you want it in the workshops area then copy it don't move it. thank you all for your input in this matter. We should really think and talk about this before we change anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm

First off, you make the costs of mining iron to be more than what they actually are... life points has so little effect in mining iron there's no reason to include it, you'll heal 2 life points everyday just from eating, and falling rocks isn't nearly as likely as mining coal, also there's the choice to run away from bambis and bears. Coal isn't in as much demand as iron, thus it's impossible to sell right now. Iron price is fine, only thing I still strongly believe needs changing is the coding for mining iron. As a lvl 60ish miner I make generally between 30-50 more iron than the minimum iron posible to be made... I don't even make +1 iron per lvl I have lol. Plus that's with Bob the Miner, which would put me at lvl 80.
I dunno, seems like bad coding, Aro likes it though.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 am

Tomorrow I'll change the code of the iron & coal in some way.
1 bronze is the lowest value ingame and this will remain that way Smile
We change the mines, their gainings, and their products, and see what happens afterwards Smile

I don't like bad coding more then you do Axel, but there must be a start somewhere. I coded the mines in 2 different ways to see what looks nice and what doesn't. It doesn't mean I'm not ready to change some of my coding.
Some like the same code that others get frustrated over. Thats why it is important to think as objective as possible. With hard facts, its much more easy to convince me to change Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Baron von Glasenapp wrote:At the other hand for making cast iron you should get less. The last time i looked cast iron sells at 325 bronze. That is more then enough.

[...] Maybe this message is better to be placed at the economic workgroup.

325 bronze for an iron ore is actually not great profit. It is depending on the random factor (well, skills..). I've never been looking to make large profits, 1 silver per days is ok with me... which is why I'd say that the price of iron bars is 'ok' BUT one could get very lucky and lose several iron bars. For those who haven't melted them, there's a chance of losing some meaning its not as simple as 100 iron ore + 2 coal = 1 iron bar. An ore melter must always be aware of the big risk of losing iron bars during the melting process... 😢 (I assume, Baron, that you have melted iron bars as I recall seeing blacksmith items you've made. My comment is to reflect my opinion and add that bit of information which those who never have melted iron bars would know about).

As much as I've understood about the economic workgroup, its not public. Hard to know what they are discussing and if they're discussing the same things. I think its good for everyone to have a chance of input about different things, and even better if the economic workgroup took part in them. I don't even know who are in that group...

Arogandor - great! I'm looking forward to see the changes. What I'd like to know is if our tools on the market can be cancelled? I'm out of town so I can't cancel them without travelling back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

so how is the new iron system working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:34 pm

I'd recommend Camaar's price for iron bars be lowered a bit, both selling and buying prices. The market isn't moving, for what I'd assume is the expensive bars, it's much cheaper to go out alone and mine.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 pm

you recommend yet you give no numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Well, I thought you'd be able to come up with the conclusion that what once was a pretty fair price (325 bronze or something like that) for an iron bar, now became grossly overpriced as the cost of creating an iron bar was cut in half. Such an update was well publicized.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Baron von Glasenapp Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I'll give you some numbers.
I made them just last weekend.
I used sales prices.

Iron Bar
50 iron ore a 2 bronze = 100 bronze
2 coal a 36 bronze = 72 bronze
5 stamina a 1 bronze = 3 bronze
Total cost is 175 bronze

So it should be even lower than 325 bronze.
Baron von Glasenapp
Baron von Glasenapp
Seeker

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 pm

so it only takes 5 stamina to make a bar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm

well the stamina might depend on the skill lvl
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2