The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Candy Cooldown update!

Go down

The Candy Cooldown update! Empty The Candy Cooldown update!

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:47 am

Dear Seekers,

Since I changed how the cooldown for candies work, I hear quite some mumbling and grumbling about this update. Putting together these comments, it mostly boils down how this change is a "pay to win". Meaning people spending real money will overcome other players who do not spend money toward The Grail Lords. Maybe, there's some truth in that, I can't tell for sure yet, which is why I mentioned in the announcements that this update isn't yet set into stone. We'll run it for a while and see the effect on the game.

However, there are a few points I would like to share with you all:

1) I've been working on this project for over 17 years now. It is fair to say that this is a hobby of mine which turned into a passion, yet it isn't my real job. I still work part-time to make a living. With our small yet devoted player base, I doubt my dream of working full time for this project and make a living of it will happen anytime soon. Yet your support does help me paying the bills.

2) A devoted Seeker (or a Seeker using some form of macro script) could eat a Praline every 20 minutes, theoretically gaining an additional 720 stamina daily. This theoretical limit has been lowered to 480 stamina with this new update. Seekers who fill their cooldown by eating multiple candies can receive up to a maximum 200 extra stamina. Which is as much as a drinking a Stamina Potion. At first impression, this looks reasonable to me, even if every praline has been purchased with real money.

3) At the time of this update, there were about 72,000 Pralines in the Realm. A part of those pralines were purchased with real money, however the large majority comes from the game itself. Gained doing various quests, received as rewards or gained through special events. In additions, pralines can be bought or gained from other Seekers. My point being, that they aren't exclusive for people willing to spend real money.

4) Allowing Seekers to eat multiple candies, does fit in our original game concept where Seekers can spend only a couple of moments per day to play The Grail Lords and not forcing the players to spend countless hours playing a game simple to keep up with others.

In conclusion, this update has been made with the best intentions to improve the Realm. A better game will eventually lead to more enthusiastic Seekers and make my dream come true. An update for a quick cash grab isn't my style. Just like many of you, I've played my fair share of other (browser) games and seen the long term results of such choices.

Feel free to reply and join the discussion.
Thank you Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 3002
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

guillerm and krakhammer like this post

Back to top Go down