The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beer Barrel Bug!

2 posters

Go down

The Beer Barrel Bug! Empty The Beer Barrel Bug!

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:13 pm

Dear Seekers,

Today a Seeker reported an issue with the Beer Barrels; when they opened the barrel they received 50 beers in both their backpack and storage (so 100 in total). After testing it turned out that this Seeker was in fact right and that since the update where Seekers can select to store beers in either their backpack or storage, they did receive 100 beers instead of 50. After fixing the bug, I checked what other Seekers were a "victim" of this bug and it turned out that a lot of Seekers opened barrels of beer, much more compared with other months. This made me decide to withdraw all the extra beers gained due to this bug. Seekers who opened a barrel of Beer the past months gained an event stating the extra beer was been taken away.

Shortly after, some Seekers reported that they never gained extra beers after opening a barrel. After investigating again, it seems that for some Seekers this indeed might been the case. The bug causing to give additional beer only was activated when Seekers opened their barrel of beer while their storage inventory was selected, Seekers who selected their backpack inventory gained no additional beer.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to trace back who gained additional beer and who didn't. Therefor, all the beers that I took away earlier today will be refunded.

I apologize for the confusion this might have caused. Sad
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

mini Roos likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Beer Barrel Bug! Empty Re: The Beer Barrel Bug!

Post by Edmund Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Oh! I was expecting this in "Bug" section. 
Btw - the seeker who reported this should get a badge of honesty and a lil` bit extra for reporting this imo The Beer Barrel Bug! 1f60d  and of course share all the beer with me  The Beer Barrel Bug! 1f605  The Beer Barrel Bug! 1f606  The Beer Barrel Bug! 1f607 .
The Beer Barrel Bug! Honesty
Edmund
Edmund
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:32 am

I've moved this topic to the "solved bugs" section.

I highly appreciate it when Seekers do report the bugs and issues (both great and small) they encounter in the game. Seekers found guilty of using a bug/issue to their advantage without reporting it will see their account removed. I'm happy to report that this very rarely happens and if there was a badge of honesty, most Seekers could proudly wear it!

All bug reports no matter their significance are rewarded with my appreciation and 1 Grail Token (spelling errors are rewarded with 10 bronze). There's no system in place that distributes a certain reward to bugs based on their significance. Most Seekers taking the time to report a bug do this for the sole satisfaction of making The Grail Lords a better game.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down