The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food, Meals and Cooking

4 posters

Go down

Food, Meals and Cooking Empty Food, Meals and Cooking

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Please note that this guide is outdated and food ingredients can no longer be lost.

Food can't be consumed without being cooked into a meal first! You can find food at the Goods Market or you can get it yourself from fields, animals etc. If you have any type of food, you will find them at Your Residence - Inventory - Food.

When made into a meal they will give these skills when consumed:

Food Skill
MeatStrength
VegetablesCharisma
FishIntelligence
EggBodybuilding
GrapesPatience
CheeseLuck
PoultryAgility
PotatoesEndurance
Note that milk is not an ingredient, but a Drink. You can have up to 5 Drinks per day (5 Bottles of Milk a day).
1 bottle of milk will give you 0.01 experience on your Physical Resistance Skill.
Milk is used to make cheese with a cheese curdle.

To make your food in to a meal go to Your Residence -> Cooking.

Whenever you are in your residence you can start cooking meals. Meals decrease your hunger and depending on the ingredients you use, your personal skills (like strength or agility) will increase.
You can eat your meals whenever they are cooked, or you can save them for later. You also can sell your meals in the Town Restaurant/Bistro.

You can choose to have up to 5 ingredients in your meal. Logically:

Ingredients Type of meal
1Simple
2Basic
3Variated
4Delicious
5Perfect
Cooking requires 8 stamina to make a meal. This will reduce as your Cooking skill increases.

You can also choose a name for your meal when you cook it. When you have made a meal, it can be found at Your Residence - Meals. If you decide to sell it, you have the choice to re-name it and decide how much to sell it for. It will then show up in the Town Restaurant/Bistro where you can also cancel your sale.

Unfortunately you can only carry breads outside the town. It has been proven many times that traveling with a plate full of food is seldom a good idea. You can't eat meals when outside of the town, traveling etc, you can only eat bread.

Edited by JpRagavan : Added grapes |21-Feb-2013|
Edited by JpRagavan : Minor Update & Spelling |11-Jan-2013|

Last edited by JpRagavan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Food, Meals and Cooking Empty Re: Food, Meals and Cooking

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Please note that this guide is very incomplete. Help to fill it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Poultry increases your Agility Skill.

Also Meals can't be eaten when you are outside of a town. (It is possible you can do that still, but it shouldn't be possible anymore very soon!)
Breads however, can still be eaten outside a town.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Change of burning a ingredient during cooking.

The chance of buring ingrediants depends on 2 factors; your Cooking Skill and the amount of ingredients you use.

The first ingredient always succeed, no matter what skill you have or what amount of ingredients you use. (tip: use your most expensive food ingredient first!)
If your cooking skill is 25 or higher then the second ingredient will also succeed automaticly.
If your cooking skill is 50 or higher then the third ingredient will also succeed automaticly.
If your cooking skill is 75 or higher then the fourth ingredient will also succeed automaticly.
If your cooking skill is 100 then the lastingredient will also succeed automaticly.

However if your skill is lower, there is still a chance that you can succesfully add the ingredient to your meal!

chance: 20 / ingredient number in your meal + your cooking skill / 2

Example:

if you have 30% on cooking and you try to make a meal with 3 ingrediants, then will your first two ingrediants will succeed for sure.
but for your third ingredient you will have only 21% chance of succes. (20 / 3(third ingredient) + 30(skill) / 2).

I hope that this is a little understandable Razz
Also feel free to add your comments, your suggestions and your experiences Smile Just like everything this can be changed and updated if needed Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Thank you Arogandor, I have made some changes and included the chance of burning an ingredient. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 am

You did a good work! Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Food, Meals and Cooking Empty re:post subject

Post by Ceridwen Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Many thanks for this thread. I have found it was just the answer to my problem. Now I can go ahead and cook. When I get aqround to cakes will send you one'Very Happy'
Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Food, Meals and Cooking Empty re subject

Post by Ceridwen Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 am

one problem I keep getting a bit mixed up over. How do I get ingredients into my kitchen? I am not sure if I am missing something but can't work out how you do this. Cannot find anywhere that will tell me either. Rolling Eyes
Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:54 am

If you purchase anything from the Food Market (which is the second tab in the Town Market), that will show up as a meal ingredient. Also, if you catch fish, gather eggs or slaughter an animal, those results will be available in your kitchen as well.

Once you have any of these, and are in town at Your Residence, you should be able to prepare a meal. Bear in mind, anything more than 1 ingredient requires some luck in addition to your cooking skill, as the second and any subsequent ingredients may burn and be wasted.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 am

Updated with:

Note that milk is not an ingredient. Milk is used to make cheese with a cheese curdle. You can also drink up to 5 bottles of milk per day. 1 bottle of milk will give you 0.01 experience on your Physical Resistance Skill.
If you are as good as me at cooking (at the time of writing 1.240%) it will take you 8 stamina to make a meal. For very long I thought it was always 8 but with my current skill (33.032%) a meal cost 7 stamina to make. A guess is that the stamina cost is decreased by each step, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. If this is correct, at 100% the cost is half - only 4 stamina.

If you spot any errors please point them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:37 pm

What about the stamina needed to cook meals better than simple? Or is it 8 stamina per meal all the way? Smile
Harold
Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:57 pm

The stamina required for cooking is unaffected by the complexity of the meal.
Each 33 points on the Cooking Skill, your stamina cost is lowered with one stamina.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 am

Your Cooking Skill: 100.000
Cooking a meal costs: 5 stamina.
You make Grail Meals without burning.