The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020

4 posters

Go down

(RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020 Empty (RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020

Post by Cpt_Coot Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Coot pounds his ale mug on the table at the front of the hall repeatedly.  Ale sprays into the first row of seats before Coot stands and speaks--

Hear ye hear all you good people of Spero.  Also hear ye ye drunken wenches and illiterate villains and all else who call this fine town home! Heartily and uncontrollably laughs

This meeting of the Spero Town Governance is now open to comments, questions, complaints, and praise of your esteemed mayor! Gestures towards self, laughs and drinks, murky ale running freely over beard.  Any citizen or councilor who wishes to remark on the state of Spero speak before we move onto further business!

{Here we shall hold open comment town meetings before monthly town updates go out.  RP town updates will consist of a minutes and summary of this thread's "meeting" every month.  

After this post I will pause for 3 days before I proceed with town business, which will continue for 4 days.  After the week of this thread is completed we will call the meeting adjourned and councilors will discuss specific issues before town update letters go out.}

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

(RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020 Empty Re: (RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020

Post by AxineeHearth Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 am

A deep, female-ish voice is heard from somewhere in the audience. The speaker is not to be seen anywhere.

Mayor, how are we supposed to be drunken wenches with the beer prices the tavern put up?! We demand cheap beer!
Unison clapping and cheering follows from the crowd after this very sound demand.

And we demand higher bar stools! It's nearly impossible to order beer when the bartender cannot see me!
The cheering fades. Someone mumbles, then there are giggles.

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Cpt_Coot likes this post

Back to top Go down

(RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020 Empty Re: (RP)Spero Town Hall Meeting, June/July 2020

Post by EdJenkins Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

Mayor, I would like to be heard! Every time I go to the marketplace it is overrun with the goods of foreign carpetbaggers! I think that there should be a program to support honest Sperovians hard labor in producing the things we need! Buy Sperovian!

EdJenkins
Seeker

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2020-05-25

Cpt_Coot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dardoc Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 am

Dardoc trudges in, mud streaking from well used ill fitting boots and is followed by an altogether not unpleasant smell of cow.

I agree with Ed. But we are a generous and prosperous community so that is good. 

But we ought to be better at ensuring the world knows our produce. Who can name a single cheese made in Spero? Or a sausage or a beer or type of plough or style of book binding? No one is who. 

We ought to be more forward looking and make sure we all knows the name of our stuff and then make sure everyone else knows too and values it for we make stuff for quality we do. Even the fish taste better in Spero than in other foreign parts. Monastery fish is all stringy and bony like for instance.

Also I have a big concern about the tavern. Namely that no one can tell me what it's called. It just seems to be the tavern. For a place we all hold so dear, should it not have a better name? Something we can cherish and be happy about?

I better shut up now. Thank you for listening.

Dardoc plonks himself down on a bench next to Ed and pulls out a bottle of sourmilk to enjoy while listening to the others carefully.

Dardoc
Seeker

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2020-06-05

Cpt_Coot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Coot awakes after an awkward pause at the end of comments, pretending he's been awake the whole time

All you ungrateful fools!  To hear the disdain that some of you speak with about our beloved Spero brings a tear to my eye, and makes my scars from defending our dear town ache. 

Coot scans the floor, as if looking for a small animal loose below the tables.

Axinee! If you want bigger bar stools why don't your release some of that wood yer hoarding!  Why does a dwarf need a 45 dwarf-height wood pile?!?  Speak with me later and town can acquire some of that wood from you, perhaps we can work out a deal for a lower price?  I'd be happy to transport some of your wood around on my pickle cart.  All theatrics aside though, I agree entirely with tavern prices.  The level they are at puts hops as the only good most of our farmers want to produce, and prices hard working Speroers out of the market.   I'll speak to Aro and see if anything can be done to remedy this.

Coot rapidly switches tone and stands up suddenly, pounding one hand on the table and pointing the other at EdJenkins

Ed I agree, these dastardly foreigners are coming in here with their goods (probably laden with moosebug eggs) and undercutting our quality Spero goods!  Town actively attempts to undercut prices of foreigner controlled market niches where possible, but town is running a little short of resources after all of our building projects, pricing out foreigners with greater supply is difficult when there's no supply.  I'm happy to hear any ideas on what we can do to organize against the foreign hordes though.

Coot drinks half is mug of ale down and once again bewilderingly changes emotions uncannily quickly, now pointing menacingly at Dardoc with an expression of pure terror on his face.

Dardoc, the name of the tavern must never be uttered.  It is lost to time, buried deep in forgotten memories and there it must remain, for the sake of all man(and dwarf)kind!

Coot swills the rest of his ale in one gulp, then holds both hands into the air as if to alert the crowd that his apparent volatile mood changes are not of concern.  He continues suddenly confident, triumphant, and very drunk.

The quality of Spero goods is, of course, unrivaled.  This must be made known.  Everybody knows the SE sea contains the best fish, the monastery's lake fish are from a source that the public toilets flow to, I wouldn't even feed it to a worg!  Perhaps we should work on a great, wondrous monument to display the superiority of Speroer artisans.   I see our greatest craftsman building a gigantic statue-- at least 900 dwarf-heights-- to commemorate the most beloved of all Spero fine pursuits.  Sperovian bacon.  The original delicacy, sought after the world over.

We will now take a short recess before specific town business is discussed before August mayoral decree.

[Sorry for lateness.  Life in retail has not been friendly to my work/life balance lately, and I've let a lot of things slip.  2 days max before next post (specific business), then I'll take comments until August town update in 1 week, along with accompanying RP update]

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Lord Arogandor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down