The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

+6
JpRagavan
TheHeirtotheThrone
Axel Ackland
Lord Arogandor
anto_capone
Dracula
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Town's Libarary's -  Library Books - Page 2 Empty Re: The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

Post by anto_capone Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I think this stuff should be boosted a bit, no?

I can eat a 4 piece meal and get .08 and be fed. Soon it will be .1 - and none of this costs stamina, in fact it raises mood as well.

Spending 5000 stamina to read 5000 pages for 2 stamina gain per day = this investment pays off in 2,500 days, maybe a bit less if you can get more than 1 page per stamina...

Stamina is worth more than money imo, but a 6 year investment? Idk. Even if it was 10 stamina extra per day, still would be 500 days....

2% on a skill, I can cook you 4 piece meals, you eat them for 25 days and guess what? You gain 2% on the skill, without spending any stamina. You will also gain 75 mood eating those meals, which through events will give you more stamina.

To me, its just not worth investing the time into. 5000 stamina to me can earn me 12,500 bronze (or 1.25 gold). 3000 stamina can earn me 75 silver. 75 silver can buy me 250 fish, which translates into 5% skill increase in intelligence, not to mention extra mood increase. That's 250% more gained by NOT reading...

Yea, I know, its about 'flavor' and all, but the math is too far off for me. Its a stamina sink.

anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

The Town's Libarary's -  Library Books - Page 2 Empty Re: The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

Post by Dracula Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 am

A Grail Life Experience was *apparently* renamed to The Advices of Archibald
im at the in the library in The Grail Monastery at the moment,as i see 3 books:

TitleProgress
Riddles of the Ancient World 100%

The tale of Tark and Tork 0%

The Advices of Archibald 0%

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 am

This book has been updated with the information provided to this point.

However, quick comment - Anto have you posted about the differences to Aro somewhere else? Cause that is a big difference. :S

Back to top Go down

Post by JpRagavan Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:28 pm

anto_capone wrote:
2% on a skill, I can cook you 4 piece meals, you eat them for 25 days and guess what? You gain 2% on the skill, without spending any stamina. You will also gain 75 mood eating those meals, which through events will give you more stamina.

To me, its just not worth investing the time into. 5000 stamina to me can earn me 12,500 bronze (or 1.25 gold). 3000 stamina can earn me 75 silver. 75 silver can buy me 250 fish, which translates into 5% skill increase in intelligence, not to mention extra mood increase. That's 250% more gained by NOT reading...
Ummm... I think you confused Learning Skill with Intelligence Skill...

As far as i know the only way to increase Learning Skill is being active (0.02 ~ 0.04 gain per day) or reading the 5000 page Book (2% increase in Skill after reading)

Basically we can get ~2 % of Learning skill every 67 ~75 days...
But reading the Book (5000 pages in 50 days) means we can get the 2% in 50 days along with the daily Skill Earning of ~1.5% (2 + 1.5 = 3.5% as opposed to 1.5% in 50 days)

As for the Stamina it could be spent elsewhere to gain Coin or other skills, but the Extra 2 stamina gained would be useful in Long run (As you mentioned, after 2500 days.) I think this is just a Investment for future.

I think I can make around 50 S with 5000 Stamina as of now (plus gain 25~30% in Different skills ).
I almost forgot... We need 2 silver to access Library. That comes to about 10 S for 50 days

So for me it is a Choice between Gaining 50S & 25~30% other skill vs 2 extra Stam per day + ~25% of reading skill + losing 10 S

JpRagavan
Seeker

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I think he got that, just at the same time was mentioning that the 3000 page book for intelligence was not much better as incentive to read the books. I actually think Anto has a point, and think that reading books for so long should maybe produce the same amounts as you would get as an xmass bonus, 6 points is not to high a bonus for reading a book, while it would give someone a boost, its doesnt really get them closer to the 100% of the skill to call it a massive boost and it certainly will not destroy the game or effect achievement levels to the extent that its something for nothing, especially when they only get to read the book and then have to go back to building up at .02 a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm

JpRagavan wrote:
anto_capone wrote:

Ummm... I think you confused Learning Skill with Intelligence Skill...

As far as i know the only way to increase Learning Skill is being active (0.02 ~ 0.04 gain per day) or reading the 5000 page Book (2% increase in Skill after reading)

Basically we can get ~2 % of Learning skill every 67 ~75 days...
But reading the Book (5000 pages in 50 days) means we can get the 2% in 50 days along with the daily Skill Earning of ~1.5% (2 + 1.5 = 3.5% as opposed to 1.5% in 50 days)

As for the Stamina it could be spent elsewhere to gain Coin or other skills, but the Extra 2 stamina gained would be useful in Long run (As you mentioned, after 2500 days.) I think this is just a Investment for future.

I think I can make around 50 S with 5000 Stamina as of now (plus gain 25~30% in Different skills ).
I almost forgot... We need 2 silver to access Library. That comes to about 10 S for 50 days

So for me it is a Choice between Gaining 50S & 25~30% other skill vs 2 extra Stam per day + ~25% of reading skill + losing 10 S

Spend 5000 stamina to get 2 more stamina per day =

The investment pays for itself in 2500 days, or nearly 7 years... Razz

7 years. That is not a good investment at all.

Its a stamina sink, it should be something like 10% gains, that stack on top of everything else- meaning if you already have 100% in learning, you would get 110%.

And the intelligence? It is much, much cheaper to raise your intelligence by eating fish than it is by reading. Spend 3000 stamina, or spend 30 silver = stamina always wins. I can make cows or chickens for the town and get 2 bronze per stamina. That is half of what I usually make.

Stamina is worth more, and this is a stamina sink for flavor; but the gains are nowhere near a decent representation of investment. It should match the cost more closely to represent its value.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Haha 7 years.... I sorta brought something like that to Aro.

The same thing is with the learning skill. with the amount you gain each day you would have to play the game for close to 10 years to get anywhere near 100%!

On the bright side of the 7 year investment.... you only have 3 more years to 100% learning if you play every single day and there are no bugs at all.
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JpRagavan Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Haha....Smile

I understand what you mean anto...
7 years is just too long a Wait... :zzz:
I suppose Aro had other ideas while making it the way it is now...Wink

JpRagavan
Seeker

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Brown wrote:Haha 7 years.... I sorta brought something like that to Aro.

The same thing is with the learning skill. with the amount you gain each day you would have to play the game for close to 10 years to get anywhere near 100%!

On the bright side of the 7 year investment.... you only have 3 more years to 100% learning if you play every single day and there are no bugs at all.

:LOL1:

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 pm

In the "Copy book" area of the academy, the pages listed are 1/4 of the numbers of this guide-does each day of work actually copy 4 pages and the university info just poorly worded, or is the page count of this outdated?

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm

its 1/4 of the total pages

i was the one that pointed this out,aro planned to use the pages,but this would prove a excessive amount off pages to write considering it costs a pig skin AND 50 stam to write a page

im planning to do a full update on everything in the library(meaning the forum) but life has gotten in the way more then once

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:25 am

*Sigh* So many things in this game seem not worth the effort (stamina) and take way too long. I'm studying reading in the university, but there's only like 1 lesson a month - if I'm lucky. It's going to take years to learn reading at this pace. And the reading skill is the only way to make reading books worth it at these stamina costs. -_-'
Aaron
Aaron
Seeker

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Since it is a library, this would be the book catalogue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Also, the intelligence skill I'm assuming gives a chance to write an extra page?

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AxineeHearth Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I think this thread needs an update on Advice of Archibald, the book that gives + 2 Learning skill. The amount of pages has been reduced from 5000 to 4000 (roughly 3700 stamina). That means, if you read it at an early stage, and think 4 years ahead, you will benefit stamina-wise if you read it (but oh just ever so slightly).

Before you read the book, you should have "settled in" with a profession that gives you enough coins to pay the daily bill (food, beer), and  you definitely want a grail bed (+24 stamina per day). Let's say you have done this by the time you have 10 learning skills.

That means that if you read the book, you will gain another 88 learning skills before you cap the skill and gain the +50 stamina bonus. 88 skill points translates to 88/0,06 = 1466 days. For each of those days, you will, after reading the book, have gained an extra 2 stamina per day, or  2932 stamina in total over 1466 days. 

You will gain one skill point in roughly 1/0,06 = 17 days. After reading Advice of Archibald, you will gain the + 50 stamina bonus for capping the Learning skill 34 days earlier. This translates to 34*50 = 1700 stamina.

All in all, you will have to spend 3700 stamina (=reading back to back for a whole month) to gain 2932 + 1700 = 4632 stamina. A 950 stamina gain over roughly 4 years. It's not much, but I guess it adds up.

Of course, if you're not prudent regarding your stamina expenditure, 950 stamina gain be wasted in a matter of months. So if you do not plan very careful, and spend every drop of stamina on something useful every day, reading just ain't doing you any good.

One last benefit must be added: When you're done with Advice of Archibald, your reading skill is close to 20. In other words, the next book you read will be 20 % faster to read, saving additional stamina in the process.

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2