The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The librarian's rules

Go down

The librarian's rules Empty The librarian's rules

Post by JuliusV Fri May 15, 2009 7:36 am

You enter the library, but before you can even think of the next thing to do, a shrieking voice shouts at you.

WAIT A MINUTE!

You look around and there you see an old man sitting behind a very untidy desk. His skin is so pale you think you can almost see through it. His nose is rather flat and the only real relief in his face are the deep wrinkles and his bristly eyebrows. You are frozen to the ground and await what this nasty creature has to say.

The man is now looking really pleased with himself. The expression on his face reminds you of Lord Arogandor. The shrieking voice fills the air once again:

Before you come in and mess around with my library, you should know I have certain rules:

The old books are NOT allowed to be touched with dirty fingers. Try not to sneeze on any of the pages and do not (!) pee in the aisles! For the rest you are free to look around for the needed information. If you have any self written books you would like to add to my library, you can put it on my desk and I will see to it.

The man now seems to have lost all his attention for you. You can hear the man clearing his throat, a sound that will probably haunt you in your sleep tonight. It's probably best if you tried to find what it is you needed as fast as possible. No need to stay near this man for too long.

The librarian's rules 98epev

Last edited by JuliusV on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 am; edited 3 times in total
JuliusV
JuliusV
Seeker

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

The librarian's rules Empty Re: The librarian's rules

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:36 am

There were mutters and grumbles coming as a figure in a dark threadbare robe hunched about the books. The library was a mess, every book was disgustingly grafiti'd. "No respecter of rules" could be heard issuing from his thin and mean looking lips. "Making more work for me". His peircing eyes were like sharp agates that you didn't want to get on the recieving end of, fearing you would freeze to stone, like the Basilisk of yore. His eyes glowered as he passed the new notice on the board from the Mistress of the Library. "Making more work for me" he repeated again. If he wasn't a scared little bully at heart he might have said something, done something. "Boiled her in oil thats what." His dark muttering left behind that evil sentence as he dissapeared down a dusty row of books. "Fried her for tea" Cackles could be heard, the shivering kind. You always wondered why you even came to the library, you decided it was the friendly spiders and the smell of old socks, spoilt tea and mustiness, it must be, as there was never what you wanted here, except nightmares when you went home to your bed. Plenty of those...

Nevermind, perhaps you should see what this notice was about you decide walking quietly to the noticeboard so as not to attract that Basilik-like-stare, you were fond of your nice warm flesh thank you very much. Reading the sign, your eyes widen with joy, it seems the library was a kind and friendly place after all! the loud *KABOOOM* and shrieks of anger from the direction of the old man sent you running from the library nonetheless, perhaps you'd come back later...or not. Fluttering in the breeze that your scaredy-pants created was the new notice sign.

The librarian's rules Librarynotice-1-1

FEEL FREE TO RP INTERACTION WITH THE LIBRARY STAFF IN THIS THREAD. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am

A short, yet plumb man enters the Library. He doesn't seem be the reading type at first sight, yet he starts to dig in the pile of scriptures and books laying on the floor. Swearing and cursing he throws books over his shoulder and kicks other scriptures aside. Finally he let's out a sigh of relief, when he finds the world map.

With his muscled leggs his moves aside a pile of books and spreads the map out on the floor...

When he suddenly sees the Lady Librarian standing above him, she must be at least 3 to 4 feet bigger then him.

"Oohw... you new here?"
The dwarf shouts much to loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:37 am

Peering down at the rather short man, Mrs Modgobin Bee's-Waxle touched her hair to ensure it remained still curled about her head in exactly-precise waves, she had tiny framed glasses exactly balanced upon her rather exact-ly proportioned nose. Her long sleeved dress at exactly the right length was buttoned exactly up to her very exact-ly held chin. "Good day Sir" She smiled suddenly to reveal slightly crooked teeth and a friendly character. "Yes, thats right, I have been appointed to bring some order to the Library as well as continue to promote the greatest science of all....Discovery" She sighs reverently.

Peering over his shoulder she see's that he is looking at the Map, tsking a little "Needs a little bit of work doesnt it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 am

Nogwa has to stretch his neck to it's fullest in order to look the lady in the eye. "Aye, it needs more work done. Is there aything I could do to assist you with?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:59 am

"Oh what a nice gentlemen you are!" Mrs Hobgobin Bee's-waxle declared happily. Looking about her with a considering look on her face, before pausing and looking at the short but solidly buit dwarf, giving a little embarrassed laugh. "I suppose I should ask what your skills are first? Before I list of a million things that I have to do and find your not suited to any of them." A little red creeps up Mrs Hobgobin Bee's-waxles kneck, what is the matter with her, she is usually more precise than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am

"Well ... i'm pretty strong and wander the realm often..."

Saying this, the dwarf notices those arn't good skills for library-work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down