The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mining

+2
anto_capone
Axel Ackland
6 posters

Go down

Mining Empty Mining

Post by Axel Ackland Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Mining iron will give you 1 ore per stamina plus a chance to get more depending on your level (for the past 5 days mining iron I haven't gotten more than 150 iron even with bob the miner and I'm level 50, so your level has little affect on mining iron).

Mining coal is different, in the mine you'll have the choices of mining coal in the upper level, which you can mine in at any level and will get between 4 and 12 coal usually. The second option is mining in the lower level, you need 50 mining level to mine here or 30 if you've hired bob the miner, generally you'll get between 15 and 40 coal from here (you'll also have a high risk of losing health, the deepest level of the coal mine, you can only mine in at level 80, or 60 with bob the miner

Incomplete as I have not yet mined in the deepest level yet, if you have that info post here, otherwise I should be able to mine there within the week.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Mining Empty Re: Mining

Post by anto_capone Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:33 pm

gems?
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:40 pm

I believe Aro said that the chance of finding a gem is very rare and depends on the luck skill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 am

O.o Never heard of that, is it coded yet??

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Check your home and your crate, there is a section for gems. I believe they are coded as I'm quite sure Aro would've mentioned if they weren't.. or he simply enjoys watching me sweat in the mines..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:02 am

It is coded I believe, I checked it earlier with his lordship. But in a non-gem mine, it is very rare to find one. Very very VERY rare....

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 am

Could you update this info somehow? Is this still the same? What is the exact contribution of extra skill in mining (or is it undisclosed?)

And I heard lifepoints could be lost in the process.... how does that work?
Harold
Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 am

Bit late but:
You get 1 iron/stam.  There is a chance for a second piece based on mining(Assumingly X% where skill is X).  Then endurance has another chance for an extra.  Thus in theory a max of 3/stamina.  If memory serves though, Lord Aro said a max of 2.7/stamina in the tavern, but if so then it would mean one of those isn't linear-I can't remember if it was said which or not, but he does keep some secrets on the math so...

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 am

The exact information about mining Iron Ore:

Basic: You receive 0.7 Iron Ore for each stamina spend (rounded down).
Mining Skill: Gives you a 0.5% chance for each point on the skill to get an extra Ore each stamina spend.
Endurance Skill: Gives you a 0.4% chance for each point on the skill to get an extra Ore each stamina spend.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

stone mining seems to be 1 + (skill /25) with some degree off randomness (suspect its endurance playing a role) because i occansionally got + 1 stone
health loss is almost non-existing but can occur,but also a small chance to get a purse off bronze

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Guarenteed of 1, an extra stone for every 25 skill.  Strength also gives a chance for an extra, and mining has a chance for an extra as well, for a max of 6 if memory serves per round.

Last edited by Keliha Greyson on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

The exact information about stacking Stones in the Quarry:

20 stamina each action (can't be affected by any skill).

Basic: You receive 1 stona for each action.
Labour Skill: Gives you a 1 extra stone for each 25 points on the skill
Strength Skill: Gives you a 0.8% chance for each point on the skill to get an extra Stone.
Mining Skill: Gives you a 0.8% chance for each point on the skill to get an extra Stone.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down