The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's make Azetyth better

5 posters

Go down

Let's make Azetyth better Empty Let's make Azetyth better

Post by mini Roos Thu May 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Hello dear citizens Smile,

I was sitting in tavern and talking with Ed Jenkins (in vino veritas) and the funny announcement by Myth gave me a good idea for making this thread.

It would be very useful for the new town leader, because recent events have shown that the town needs changes. So let's write here what we really want or give some thoughts on how we would improve Azetyth. So we can consider the changes and improvements that we would like to see:

I'll will be first. ​I want the town leader to at least be more communicative. I want transparent statistics on town projects every 2-4 weeks and not only when the leader resigns. I want the town leader to ask our opinion and help. I want our town life to be more eventful. Also normal things such as upgrade fields, buildings etc.

If u are too shy, just write letter in game and i will place your suggestion here.

Best wishes,
Mini Roos
mini Roos
mini Roos
Seeker

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-12-11

Lord Arogandor and Taureine like this post

Back to top Go down

Let's make Azetyth better Empty Re: Let's make Azetyth better

Post by Charlotte Thu May 27, 2021 11:29 pm

I would like for the town leaders to help new players raise their skills. I don't know how it could be done, but maybe the new Seeker could give someone food, and the older player can make it into soups for a small fee. Maybe some of the food could go to the town.

Or, the town could supply items like cauldrons, pickaxes, and butcher's knives to people, and some of the items can be given to the town.
Charlotte
Charlotte
Seeker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-03-10

Jubilee and Taureine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Sat May 29, 2021 3:40 pm

I can get down with a brainstorming session of ideas for improving the town.  🤔

I like the idea of more messages or an updated newsletter or something. Perhaps polls to vote on programs or town improvements..as well as some pros and cons listed to help people make a decision and vote?  I do know such things usually cost writable skins for the town. So if we do more frequent communication we may need more pigs perhaps. I'm not sure how well stocked the town is...we may be fine but there it is just in case. Idk.

I like Charlotte's idea of supplying new seekers. New seekers especially need a bed and journal and new tools when their tutorial ones break. I'm in eternal hope that perhaps someday there will  be a tutorial quest where seekers can make a bed and make a journal.😏

However in my experience in making items/tools for new seekers there is one problem. About 80 percent of seekers leave within their first month. And there is nothing quite like the feeling of working two weeks straight to make a bed...only for that person to leave a day or week later...and then have it happen over and over again..and all that work and materials wasted because they don't bother to try to return it or sell it in the market or anything when they decide to quit.😤🙄

Or the town could merely front the cost for materials and the seeker is in charge of making the tool in the labour hall and some organized, responsible person or people (they could be listed in the town newsletter as masters in their field like Tailer, Carpenter, blacksmith) who would be willing to communicate with new seekers and puts up the order in the laborhall and delivers it to the seeker in the buyer's corner.

This is what I do...I try to front the cost for anybody under a hundred days (if I have the materials) and then we work together on the units in the laborhall. I do this because the ones who quit, generally quit before their tool or item is complete. The ones who like the game stick with it and stay, get their tool and continue happily playing. I don't lose 80 percent of my stuff and go bankrupt. Idk. I worry that could easily happen to the town.

At the very least, I'd be willing to have myself on the newsletter as a contact for anyone looking for a bed, tools, or ranch upgrades.

Renting tools could work...but not sure how that would work. Or an exchange is an interesting idea..like what Charlotte mentioned.

I'd also appreciate having some updated list as to what kinds of supplies the town needs. Because then I'd try to gather or farm extra then.

I like the idea of having a ranch upgrade program like Spero and Camaar. They give a discount on wood and nails for the first two ranch upgrades. Not sure how realistic that would be. But I'd be willing to help with such a program. It's a very expensive project tbh. Not sure how other towns make it work. But maybe somebody will chime in and tell me.

Jubilee
Seeker

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-07-15

Taureine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown Sat May 29, 2021 10:04 pm

I believe everyone here has made some good suggestions so far. I have spoken with Mini and private and believe we have come to a bit of an understanding. It does seem communication is an important issue for many seekers. That being said, Jubilee has also stated correctly that mass mails, along with other things do require resources to use. The number of skins needed it dependent upon the number of active seekers in the town currently.  While not a major expense, it does add up with ever mass mail sent. 

The forums, and our discord channel are 2 places that are both underused and could solve both of those issues at the same time without the need for mass mail, but with few seekers using either that becomes more difficult. If we can get a more active base in either the forum or the discord channel communication might become easier.

New players are the backbone of keeping the town alive. The other side of that is older players as well. Both need to be attracted to the city in order to win things such as the town games or just other events. It will be a challenge to do either, but I'm sure if people can put in the effort change can happen.
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Jubilee and Taureine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Sun May 30, 2021 7:18 am

Brown, do you know if updating the town announcements costs tokens or writable skins? Because that could be an option rather then mass mails if it's cheaper? It doesn't say on the page in the office if you have to pay anything to update it.

Jubilee
Seeker

Taureine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown Sun May 30, 2021 9:11 pm

The town announcements page is free to change. Currently it is being used as a massive tutorial filled with info since the creation of the town. Yes, it is one way that can be utilized getting info out to the masses will still be a bigger issue. People will need to go looking for information either way.
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Taureine Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:03 pm

I really like Jubilee's idea of fronting the materials and letting the new seekers work on the tools properly, and I'd also like to add that we should definitely have lessons in the academy for the needed trade and even the resources gathering skills. With that, we could pave the way for a beneficial relationship where for, say, the first hundred or so days of life of the new seekers, the town would either trade news seekers with good food/soups for a set and preferential set of resources or just simply buy them outright from them at a slightly higher than market price. That way, new seekers would be fed, they would see a relatively rapid increase in the skills they want to work on AND the town would get more goods and raw materials in the marketplace, which would in turn interest older seekers into sticking around once we upgrade things sufficiently with the aforementioned 'surplus' of ressources.

That said, upgrades on the fields and the hospital would be the most important right now, I think. For too long I saw the bank get upgraded, which really only helps older folks hoard more gold and end up leaving newer blood struggling because nothing can be harvested or because they can't go outside in fear of taking forever to heal in the hospital if they get unlucky on the field on their way to the shore/forest/mine/what-have-you.

So yeah, that's my two cents, but since I'll be going away for months starting next Sunday feel free to nitpick Smile

Taureine
Seeker

Registration date : 2020-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:58 am

Hi Taureine!
The list of skills that can be taught in the University/Academy is as follows (unfortunately not every skill can be taught in a class):

Light Armorer Skill:
Medium Armorer Skill:
Heavy Armorer Skill:
Repair Skill:
Reading Skill:
Writing Skill:
Bookkeeping Skill:
Eye for Quality Skill:
Wound Treatment Skill:
Identify Creature Skill:
Also...I'll have to double check this...but I think only the seeker with the highest Guild score in Carpentry, blacksmithing, tailoring, and Alchemy can teach a class of Carpentry, for example.

If seekers are interested in classes of those types we can try asking the person to teach once a week or something. I think that is a good idea.

I think Field and hospital upgrades are important too.

Gone for months! We'll miss you Taureine! Hope to see you after that.

Jubilee
Seeker

Taureine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Taureine Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Aw, that's too bad! Not even a Cooking class. Disappointed!

Taureine
Seeker

Registration date : 2020-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum