The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion about the Halloween Event

3 posters

Go down

The discussion about the Halloween Event Empty The discussion about the Halloween Event

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:23 am

Dear Seekers,

Now that our Halloween Event ended, we find it important to hear your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism about the past event. We would like to open a discussion to find out what could be done differently for the next event which should be somewhere in the spring of 2020. Based on your feedback, we will be happy to make time for additional changes to further improve this kind of Combat Related Events.

When participating to this discussion you must make sure that you:

• Read the previous posts in this topic.
  • Keep your posts to the point and don't drift of topic.
  • Think how your post can contribute to improve the future events.
  • In case of a complain, motivate your complain with data and facts.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Halloween Event Empty Re: The discussion about the Halloween Event

Post by Mantas Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 pm

I like the idea of the highest blessing donator getting an honor. I think it should be switched to the highest donator before the event starts though. Luckily I haven't noticed anybody abuse the system but somebody could in theory donate right before the event ends and still be the rightful winner of the honor point. Such an act wouldn't benefit the town so I think it shouldn't be eligible for an honor point.
Mantas
Mantas
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-11-12

Back to top Go down

The discussion about the Halloween Event Empty Re: The discussion about the Halloween Event

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:00 am

As far I can tell, this never happened before. But I can see how that might happen in the future, Seekers quickly donating few Tokens to become the first. I doubt this would be about large amount of tokens, but merely about stealing away the first place in a competition between Seekers. This could still happen either at the start of the event just before honor is given or at the end of the event.
It would be kinda selfish to donate a large amount of tokens -that could have made a difference- at the very end of the event, just to steal the honor of a fellow citizen, so I doubt it's worth already giving the Honor, "stimulating" people to donate as much as possible in advance.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:01 am

A few times in the past, I've donated the extra once I know exactly how many tokens I need to hold onto for stamina potions and grail surgeries to reach my goal, and sometimes that's been significant. Usually around day 4. That's the only time I can think of that messing with someone who isn't just being spiteful, and donating without contributing to the bonus. I will say though, having the option for someone to be spiteful and "steal" the honor does add depth to the game, even if it is unused and a bit distasteful.

I really liked this structure of not individual rewards. I feel like working the /100 stamina bonus for this event was good incentive, though I'd argue that it should be increased to /140 (35/ town, close to what it was before 4th town) or increased to 10 days. With Azetyth now in the game, the effect of /100 feels a little underwhelming for only a week.
As far as reward structure, I much more like the idea of just town stamina prizes with individual prize points. I was able to give prizes to individuals within spero, which I would not have been likely do do if prizes had been given in a more individual structure. I didn't feel like I should stop using up my savings when I was sure I was in first like I would've done before, instead I just wanted to spend everything and do as good as I could for spero. On the flip side, someone participating further down the ranking had the exact same motivation to keep attacking that I did, and wouldn't have had cause to get demoralized. So yeah, it was great.

Only suggestion would be some fun random other prizes with small rewards each time, one or two per event. "Most damage dealt with single attack", "most critical misses" "most damage taken from pumpkin", "most views of the leaderboards page" etc, kind of gag prize for fun that no one knows the criteria of before the event. Don't know what you data you can monitor, but just an extra surprise. Just a suggestion because I lack for much else in the new rewards structure.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down