The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum Administrator

+2
Helfdane
Dutch
6 posters

Go down

New Forum Administrator Empty New Forum Administrator

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 am

Dear Seekers,

Our 12 year old forum is barely used these days. Despite alternatives like our awesome Taverns and discord, a forum remains having great potential to communicate and discuss matters in a relaxed way with each-other. So to bring this forum alive we are looking for few enthusiastic Seekers willing to put some effort into this.

From experience I know managing a forum isn't as easy as it might look at first glance, neither is it a rewarding task. Yet it can help our Community grow.
So we look for somebody who mastered the English Language and isn't afraid to use full sentences. We don't expect this to become your life's work, but a minimum of your time is required. Although having experience being some kind of moderator isn't a must, it is highly valuable. Not being an expert myself in managing & running a forum, you would work mostly by yourself (and with other administrators). As so often here in the Grail Lords, we value initiative above all. If you have an idea related to this topic, even if you feel nothing to become an administrator, let us know!

Your primary task would be cleaning up the mess we made over the past years, bringing order in the chaos. Locking old topics, moving them where they belong and removing all ballast we collected over the years.

After that, bringing the forum back to life would be your next task. Organizing fun contests, stimulating role-play, lead discussions for future updates,...

Once we accomplished this, and you're still up for the task, you would moderate the active topics, keep an eye on that one rotten apple in the basket, set ranks for the users and so on...

If you would interested in this un-thankful job, please send me an in-game mail.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

New Forum Administrator Empty Re: New Forum Administrator

Post by Dutch Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I'd like to see this forum cleaned up and brought to life if possible.  Hm maybe Helf or Terrai could be good for moderation.  They're pretty active and have posted here in the past.  The game's got a lot more social interaction and potential than this forum certainly emphasizes. 

Also, one way to get people more interested in looking at the forum here might be to tie it more closely to the game.  You could have information on wanted criminals, advertisements, etc. here, rather than relying on posters to fill in the gaps.  Just spitballing on some ideas.  After all, the taverns are useful not just for chatting but drinking, and having it so people have to go there to get most of their beer encourages interaction along with it.  Providing something like that to draw people to the forum might be beneficial to getting some activity in here as well.
Dutch
Dutch
Seeker

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Fri May 17, 2019 8:46 pm

You could tie a very small, in-game reward for logging into the forums that can be awarded once per week. 

And Twilek strippers.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat May 18, 2019 6:00 am

I don't believe logging into the forum should be rewarded. But active participation and enrichment of this place could be stimulated through -small- in-game rewards.

Yet at this point I do lack the coding skills to connect somehow this forum (which is hosted & owned by yet another company) with the game itself. So the only way -for now- would be to manually see who deserves such kind of rewards and then reward these Seekers in game, which leads back to the original question for administrators and moderators. As this would be a time-consuming task that need to be properly.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aglarele Mon May 20, 2019 6:24 am

I always thought it would be nice if you could be able to follow forumposts and a little bird would drop you a note to inform you when there has been an update or new reply.

Aglarele
Aglarele
Seeker

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanjia Mon May 20, 2019 11:22 am

I would probably love `cleaning up the mess`, getting more structure, etc... all things my OCD is ready for. I've had a little experience with forums although those are limited to smaller -now dead- minecraft communities. Maybe my programming background could also provide nice little features here and there while also trying to figure out how to connect the forum with the game. Endless possibilities!

As I might not be have been very keen to visit the forums since I mostly use the wiki this could change by adding my own flair to the party.
Wanjia
Wanjia
Seeker

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2016-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AxineeHearth Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 am

Yeah, forum needs cleaning up, especially the old guides that are no longer correct.

On the other hand, the forum shows the history of the game, combat changes and formulas, so it's pretty useful when you've gotten the hang of things and want to learn details.

Also, it shows what quests and professions that are currently dead ends/not worth pursuing at the moment.

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down