Bandalf Prices Are Too Cheap.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bandalf Prices Are Too Cheap. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandalf Prices Are Too Cheap.

Post by Cpt_Coot on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:23 am

Mena32 wrote:i think the prices are fair now. i can buy a grail pick for 30 silver i can sell a cheap pick to a npc for 30s - if the price went any higher people would do nothing but make cheap tools all day and that would bring in more coin only making inflation worse
I disagree about the prices being fair now.  I see this topic has deviated into far deeper problems than the topic, but where exactly is this place you are buying a grail pick for 30s mena?   In Camaar there has been a master pickaxe on the market for 2-3 months for 60s and some odd change, and that is literally the only pick I have seen other than the cheap ones I have made the whole time I have been playing.   30s is shooting a little low, and its not about what the market is for after production picks anyway, its about how much the shafts, ounces, bars, other materials and stamina cost to produce it.   If there had been no tools in bandalf when I started playing I probably would not have continued playing-- I wouldn't even know what to do, can't even do the ruined farmer quest.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:26 am

Many of the posts in this topic contain valid points and I agree that there are still a lot of issues that require attention however I would like to set few things straight:

- There is no real inflation! The amount of money entering the game is really little. I no longer keep track of the cash-flow but I still see day by day how much money goes in or out of the game in total. That said, there's a lot of that money in hands of a small group of people. Just like real life.

- The Bandalf Tools are made to stimulate building cheap tools and helping new players. We didn't want just to add the tools in game magically but hoped for people to make them. So far 174 of those tools have been made & taken. Seekers have to be at least 10 days old before they can claim one of those tools. I can -together with you guys- see what prices could be set on the tools from now on.

- I also would like to point out that it's about choices and that sometimes the choices made by players change the economy. This also is normal.

For example: Let's say we set the prices at 1 gold a tool. Everybody would make tools because it pays great money. Nobody would work on the field, ranch, hospital,... anymore cause it pays less. There's no food, no animals, nobody heals anymore... What would be available would be expensive and new players would not be able to buy anything. A solution would be that the game gives more crops from fields, better yields for the animals and so on. Only to stimulate people, making it worth doing something else then making the tools. My point is that players something not realize that in this realm they have a large influence on the economy by their own choices and sometimes we feel that they turn too fast toward the game to see some economic changes happening.

- We are currently looking for a money-sink in which rich people can put their money. That can be pieces of equipment and adding housing in game. However these are two chapters that require some more thinking still.

Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mena32 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Cpt_Coot wrote:
Mena32 wrote:i think the prices are fair now. i can buy a grail pick for 30 silver i can sell a cheap pick to a npc for 30s - if the price went any higher people would do nothing but make cheap tools all day and that would bring in more coin only making inflation worse
I disagree about the prices being fair now.  I see this topic has deviated into far deeper problems than the topic, but where exactly is this place you are buying a grail pick for 30s mena? *******  In Camaar there has been a master pickaxe on the market for 2-3 months for 60s ******and some odd change, and that is literally the only pick I have seen other than the cheap ones I have made the whole time I have been playing.   30s is shooting a little low, and its not about what the market is for after production picks anyway, its about how much the shafts, ounces, bars, other materials and stamina cost to produce it.   If there had been no tools in bandalf when I started playing I probably would not have continued playing-- I wouldn't even know what to do, can't even do the ruined farmer quest.
in stars it says master pickaxes up on the market for 3 months for 60 silver. pray tell why they do not sell.
ill tell you why i think they dont. its to much *because it is.
if i put 1 unit of milk on  the market for 20 silver it would sit there for months to it does not mean its worth 20 silver, Wink

also i got my grailpick axe for 30 silver its because i talk to my local craftsmen and we are friends. i strike deals with them you make me a pickaxe for a good deal i come home with a boat load of iron and sell ya some! its never a bad thing to get to know your fellow towns people. bounce i think the prices really are fair because the whole point of selling tools to the npc is to help the new people not to fill your purse, it more then pays for the mats. and food so you take a little tiny hit on your value per stam but you help a new player and hopefully they stick around making our economy stronger adding more equipment/food/wheat vegs ect to the game for you to buy by helping new players you are also helping yourself! you gain new friends! and thats worth it or is it just me who thinks that way?

Mena32
Seeker

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2015-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2