The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Ranch New Wages and Prices

5 posters

Go down

Town Ranch New Wages and Prices Empty Town Ranch New Wages and Prices

Post by Axel Ackland Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:47 am

People of Spero, I have changed the wages for breeding and the cost of animals in the town's ranch.  Please keep in mind that these changes shouldn't be seen as permanent, I've only taken advantage of our mayor being away to finally do something beneficial with the ranch.

The change in wages for breeding is a reflection of the current supply and demand of each animal, rather than the same ratio for every animal as it currently is.  The amount of players with higher skill in each animal skill will also take affect in determining wages, which is a bit harder to factor in.  A small goal of mine is to always have work available for each animal, but if there is a stockpile anymore animals bred will be bred cheaper.

I have changed the price for each animal to only generate a smaller, but healthy profit for the town.  Previously the town made 50% of the cost of each animal as pure profit, with no justification for the huge profit margins other than making the town profit and that there is no possible competitor for the town.

Here's the new wages and prices for animals, which will likely be changed commonly, depending on current supply and demand.

Chickens:  .35 b per unit.... 75 b per chicken...  75-35=40 b town profit (53% of price)  -The wage has temporarily been lowered to reflect the amount of chickens the town has stockpiled, we'll still give more work for it, but the pay isn't high.  It is also is affected by the fact that chicken attitude has the highest average skill between all players.  The price of chickens was lowered to encourage more players to buy and slaughter chickens for poultry, being able to sell it quickly for cheaper price and still make profit.

Cows: .40 b per unit... 350 b per cow... 350-200=150 b town profit (43% of price)    -The wage was updated and lowered due to most players that breed cows also have higher attitude skill and ranch cows, benefiting in the cheaper price.  The price was lowered to provide a source of cheaper meat and milk, cows could possibly now be profitable to just purchase and slaughter for meat and hides.

Horses: .50 b per unit... 3000 b per horse... 3000-2000=1000 b town profit (33% of price)   -Only the price of the horse has been changed.  I lowered the profit made for the town because usually the player breeding the horse also will plan on buying it.  There are a good number of players with decent skill in horse attitude, but rarely is there much breeding done.

Pigs:  .57 b per unit... 275 b per pig... 275-225=50 b town profit (18% of price)    -I'm not sure how profitable pig ranching can be, but I decided to lower the price to make more room for profit.  The wage was slightly raised to hopefully have a few bred more quickly to see how players can do with them.  Unfortunately, there are not many players at all with decent pig skill, so few players will likely breed them.

Sheep:  .67 b per unit... 250 b per pig... 250-200= 50 b town profit (20% of price)  -Sheep are the most efficient source of meat and leather, as far as purchasing and slaughtering them instantly.  I've lowered the price a little to lower the price of meat primarily and increased the wage for breeding to make as many as possible available for slaughter.  The wool gained from sheep is in very little demand and is not wise to keep sheep to ranch, slaughtering after purchasing is best.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Town Ranch New Wages and Prices Empty Re: Town Ranch New Wages and Prices

Post by Axel Ackland Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Updated to finish.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Put some work into this, I'm sure it'll pay off for everyone in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Take up arms brethren of Spero and revolt against the tyrant rancher Axel! Razz 

I'll see what I can do to help the farming community out in a couple weeks when I get my feet off the ground though this is a good idea.
Drew
Drew
Seeker

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Ok guys... would like some input here.

Axel and I have been in discussion for a couple weeks.  We haven't had animals in a few weeks (what few get bred are bought immediately).  Anyone whose animals are reaching the ends of their cycles will have trouble replacing them.  We tried some adjustments to the wages and pricing, but it seems that it wasn't enough as the supply has not improved.

Having zero animals at all times is NOT acceptable to me.  Nor am I willing to raise prices to create a stockpile and then lower them again, that makes no sense to me.  What I want is to find a solution that is acceptable both to the citizens who need animals and to the town.  We go through quite a few animals (mostly chickens and cows) when they are available so I know the demand is there.

Therefore, all wages and prices are back to they way they were before - 0.5 bronze/unit wages across the board and 1 bronze/unit pricing.

I am open to suggestions about ways to improve this for everyone (citizens and town).  If you have ideas, speak up!

A few numbers for those who like them:

Chickens - 50b wages - 100b price
Cows - 250b wages - 500b price
Horses - 2000b wages - 4000b price (we sell one of these maybe 2 or 3 times a year)
Pigs - 200b wages - 400b price
Sheep - 150b wages - 300b price

Biggest sellers by far are chickens and cows.  Currently we have 21 chickens and 23 cows on ranches in the town.  These numbers were slightly higher a week ago, but I think the lack of supply has diminished them.
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:58 am

I understand why Axel wanted to tinker with it, but if supply is not keeping up it makes no sense to not change it back. Myself, I stopped breeding cows and chickens lately because the wage was too low. I spent thousands of stamina building up my chicken and cow attitude, and felt a bit annoyed to see that sheep and pigs were paying more.

I'm glad to see this change. Even if the cost to purchase a chicken or cow is higher, you never lose money on it. But the main factor is not being able to purchase animals when you want or need to. It seems the lower wages were discouraging people from breeding the animals they use most. I'm glad to see this changed back, thanks!

I know Axel put a lot of thought into this, and I am sorry to see it didn't work out. I just think that it might have been a bit too heavy handed, and when people just stop bothering to breed their favorite animals it becomes potentially frustrating and game changing in a negative way. I don't think Axel intended for us to run out of animals, but if people can make more doing something other than breed animals, well it was bound to happen.

Thanks for the update, hope to see the stocks of animals improve!
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm in the business of sheep ranching/breeding so you should the sheep numbers are going to be drained for a bit due to new demand from me. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Drew
Drew
Seeker

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 am

Nah its fine. Selling animals is one of the primary sources for town income. That income to the town gets reinvested into things like field upgrades.

So, buy all the animals you can, when you can. Make some money and boost your animal skill by breeding. Right now, there aren't any animals left in stock except 1 cow that I just got done breeding myself. We used to have a nice stockpile of animals on hand, and I am sure we'd all like to have that again. Most people like to buy animals all at once. I know I do, makes it easier for me to co-ordinate the days I need to slaughter, milk, or look for eggs etc.

I have a 75% cow attitude skill myself, so I can breed 4 units. With the wage back to what it was before, breeding is more attractive for me to breed cows and even chickens once more. Sheep I can't help you with, but I'm sure we'll get back to a good spot soon with our animal stocks. Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am

There is not a SINGLE animal of any type for sale in Spero right now....
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 am

So....I spent 89 stamina on breeding chickens and apparently that got the town 3 whole chickens. I never realized that it was so easy.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:06 am

Yep.
You breed more and get paid more as your attitude raises too. I think my cow attitude creates something like 4 units per stamina (I'm mining right now so can't look). So for 100 stamina, 400 units are created, which are nearly 2 cows created, with a pay of 2 silver for that 100 stamina.
So if you invest time, you make more and more as you go. Smile

When I get back to town I'll be breeding some more! Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 am

Animals are still catching up I think.  We're up to 29 chickens in use and 26 cows.  Have to give it some time before the supply outpaces the demand, as we were definitely at the point where people wanted more animals than we had.
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

In use numbers still going up - 30 chickens and 29 cows.  Apparently we still haven't peaked, and supply won't build up until we do.
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down