The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with flour

4 posters

Go down

Problem with flour  Empty Problem with flour

Post by karel Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 am

Well what is happening to flour ad wheat production? every time i have the chance to check the market there is no single flour on the market or not even wheat for me it is a problem because i can' produce enough bread to feed myself for a trip to the iron mine stay there till my pix axe runs out

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Problem with flour  Empty Re: Problem with flour

Post by Brown Sun May 27, 2012 10:26 am

Can you not buy bread at the Bistro?
Brown
Brown
Seeker

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by karel Sun May 27, 2012 10:28 am

it's cheaper you make it yourself

karel
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

I think that low cost stat food, the cheap menu's with one ingrediënt have outpriced bread as a good in this realm. Wheat and flour, and bread in the end arn't that needed anymore as they used to.

It's sign of progress in our small community. But I do agree that a town should have reserves at hand at all times. Bread is necessary to travel and work in the fields and woods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Tue May 29, 2012 1:53 pm

The only wheat I've seen on the market in Camaar was sold by the town around a month or 2 ago, I bought a bit of it myself, back then. I assume that most wheat farmers make the flour and bread themselves to make more money, sell it very quickly, since it's sold instantly, and to gain skill in milling and baking. So, your best bet is to either start farming wheat yourself, or convince the town to stop buying bread or lower the buying price. Also, if you're interested, you could work for me mining iron, I'll give you free bread and buy all the iron you mine Very Happy

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

Well meals can't be eaten at the mine, which is karel's issue. And if you are mining you can't hire workers for your wheat field back in town, so I imagine that limits your bread quite a bit. Bread just isn't an issue for most people though, or they make it themselves so flour isn't seen much.

Back to top Go down

Post by karel Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 pm

well , i have a wheat field but it is hardly enough to make a good trip to the mine and back so i need to get some other wheat and/or flour.

and it is also taking days to fully complete a level for a field , so it is not that intresting

karel
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 am

As you all might know, everybody in this game can change the land for FREE. So, if one does see there is no wheat on the market that means nobody is producing or willing to sell it.
As Alexander said, we can buy bread from the Bistro, but I say that maybe we can solve this problem in another way: count how many people have wheat fields, check on the market the amount of wheat available (in our case, none) and write an announcement letting people know that this resource is needed and they would gain money faster and in bit bigger quantity if replacing their corn fields (which I think we have more than enough at this point) with wheat fields.
If people are not receptive enough, councilors it is supposed that should be. We, could change our fields and then everybody should be happy.
I am one of the persons who already did that a while ago, but clearly, the amount I sell it is not enough to satisfy demand.

Back to top Go down

Post by karel Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:45 pm

if the town makes a new field how much would it cost and how many fields can you have at one time?

karel
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:40 pm

The town can only upgrade the fields, not have. The town can get resources only from buying from players who sell their resources on the market. If there is nobody having a wheat field, the town has no possibility to buy and keep in it's inventory. This also means that the town has none from that resource and it is unable to provide in case of need.
Thank you Karel for posting your problem here. It is a good example of communication and I also hope that we, together, will try to solve this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 am

karel wrote:it's cheaper you make it yourself

In theory yes, but in practice perhaps not. All of the professions get exponentially better paying the higher your skill. By trying to be a jack of all trades (and hence a master of none) you are really just hurting yourself.

If you want to be a miner you can make an excellent wage doing so, but you have to spend your time in the mines and leave the baking to the bakers.

The best strategy seems to be to concentrate on one profession, one resource (probably related ie. carptenter/wood cutting, blacksmith/miner) and one field job for when you don't have other work to do.

You will make much more money with 40% in one skill than 20% in two.

Last edited by TheHeirtotheThrone on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

I aree with Heir, for all proffessions to gain, we must allow other proffessions to charge their prices, and be willing to buy from them, otherwise we are just a game with many individuals trying to live without the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 am

He does have a point in that while you are baking and growing wheat you are not mining, so not really saving money as you can probably make more in mining than you pay for the bread. That's the theory and miners make good cash. I just couldn't stay away from town that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down