The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followers for hire

2 posters

Go down

Followers for hire Empty Followers for hire

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Lately there seems to be some problems with the followers that can be hired at the town gates and who increase one of your skill or help fighting as long you are on the map.

At the moment you can hire a follower who will stay with you as long you don't enter another town. This can take a short trip or a long adventure that last for several weeks.

I listed a few possibilities - which sound realistic to me & not to hard or time consuming to code- here and I would love to hear your opinion about it Smile

- We change nothing at all.
- You hire a follower, you will pay him in advance for a period of time that you choose yourself. For example 3 days or 10 days,... the wage increases with the days.
- Followers don't leave you when you visit the Grail Monastery, but still leave you in another town.
- Followers always become available in every town gate. No random chances more. Still they need to be hired again.
- The chance that a follower appears increases together with the town gate structural level (in the Grail Monastery that would mean they are always available).

Help me with the brain storm session Wink
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Followers for hire Empty Re: Followers for hire

Post by anto_capone Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm

- You hire a follower, you will pay him in
advance for a period of time that you choose yourself. For example 3
days or 10 days,... the wage increases with the days.

Why would wage increase per day? I can understand paying a certain wage per day for a set specific time, but I always wondered why porkard cost more money for longer periods?

I just never understood how that worked, its just an odd socio-economic principle to place in a game. No offense, just wanted to understand it, because this game is the first I've ever seen it.

- Followers don't leave you when you visit the Grail Monastery, but still leave you in another town.

This would make weekly quests more accessible imo. Smile

- The chance that a follower appears
increases together with the town gate structural level (in the Grail
Monastery that would mean they are always available).

Good idea, but maybe in the future? I know all games need their 'sinks', but there is so much already, without the surplus available on the markets...
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 am

After the massive response I decided to change the followers the following way.

- Followers for hire will be available always at the town gate. So no longer you will have to wait for the right follower to appear.
This will make the game more easily to understand. No longer Seekers will have to wonder where their beloved follower went to.
- Folllowers will be hired for a period of time, chosen by the Seeker itself. This will require some additional planning when going outside. But then, this is real adventure. It always was to make an outside trip a real adventure that required careful preparations.

The price will slightly increase every extra day you hire the follower after the first.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 am

Jus read it today, these are my two cents.

Maybe upgrading certain buildings opens up higher tier followers which add different bonuses.

The only problem I see with that would be the choosing which followers are tier 1, which tier 2 etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:32 pm

True Smile So in this case we can skip the tier for now ^^ Not a bad idea though!
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Yeah, doing it right is the difficult part of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down