The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market Updates

4 posters

Go down

Market Updates Empty Market Updates

Post by ArcaneJill Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:01 am

The town started off with 1 bronze in the treasury. Anto and I have infused some money into the town so citizens can buy and sell on the market, but it's not a lot.

All the max items the market will hold have been set very low so that the town doesn't run out of money overnight. Some things are set at 1 bronze to buy and sell because of one of three reasons: it's not an essential item right now and we don't want it taking up town money to sit on the market, I have no idea what to set the price at and will come back to it later, or it's iron and I want it that way Laughing

We're going to need someone who knows (or is willing to learn) milling and baking to keep everyone fed. We'll try to keep bread and cheap meals in stock but PLEASE don't hoard food. We're going to have to work together to keep everyone fed until we get our feet on the ground.

Also, the only animal we can afford to breed right now is chickens. If you have a corn field, you may want to change it before or after coming here because there won't be any pigs to eat up the corn for a little while. Changing a field does not cost anything, but do it after you harvest and before you plough because you will lose any progress on the field.

Any questions about the market, mail me or Anto. Any questions about anything else, mail Anto Laughing
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Market Updates Empty Re: Market Updates

Post by Axel Ackland Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

If you'd like I can buy a bunch of bread from Hrabrost before I hop over to sell on the market there (after I recover from the hopsital). I wouldn't mind selling it for 1 b to the town right now, so long as I am given the rest of the cost later Razz (I think bread costs something like 38 b right now).

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:36 pm

35 bronze.

What will wheat supplies be like when we get there? I think Im atleast 3 to 4 days away. I have limited funds, but its up to the wheat supply if I buy here or there and atleast make a start. I also dont mind turning bread into a steady production while others are doing else.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:15 pm

I just switched my field to wheat, but we are trying to drive prices for basic foods down to a minimum. Eggs, bread, fish and poultry should all be cheaper to buy here, but right now things are limited.
So it is up to you, I just hate to see people take a loss on things that they would like to trade. Our prices are constantly adjusting to maximize benefit to town and citizens, so let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Right now, town is buying at:
eggs for 15 (this most certainly will wind up being lowered)
wheat for 32
poultry for 20
bread for 25

Right now, the town is only producing chickens. They are extremely cost effective and a good cheap way of producing food. If things continue to go as well as they are, we will soon produce cows and sheep as well.

It might be awhile before we produce pigs or horses, sorry but they are just not cost effective at all until we gain a better understanding of their feed ratios. For example, there is just no way the town will be buying corn for the same price we saw in our sister town.

That said, I think many will find the market here a refreshing detachment from what they are used to in the other town. We are in no way copying prices from there. Our prices are already lower, so you might not be making the same wage as you might be used to; but your money will go much farther here. We don't want people to feel like they are working for the town, we want them to feel like the town is working for them!

It is one of my personal goals to see prices for basic foods drop even further, so people can buy an egg for 10 bronze or some bread for 15-20 bronze. Crunching numbers over and over, I don't think it is an entirely unreasonable goal to have 1 silver feed a person for a week. Smile

Have fun all!
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm

I have some eggs for the town but apparently you aren't buying.
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 pm

So does the Town have any specific needs for Fields? I have a Vegetable Field growing now, but I can switch to whatever is needed after I harvested.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Marche wrote:So does the Town have any specific needs for Fields? I have a Vegetable Field growing now, but I can switch to whatever is needed after I harvested.

I hate to say what we need field wise, because there is always an over-shift... but we could use some more wheat fields Wink

@ james, will update town buying eggs now, try in a few minutes Wink
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:33 pm

- 22nd of September 2010 01:00 : You have sold 4 Egg for 48 Bronze in Sperò.

And Heir is fine Anto, James is just a character I play in a really crappy game that I would rather not think about Wink
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 am

Long as I can afford a knife for butchering, I know the town needs us to not make huge profit right now. Im going to be the miller and baker, so feel free to tell me if I need to do some milling here while my curdle is being made, last thing to do before I pack up and head on over.

Wheat is at 45 bronze here.
Wood at 35.

How many bread do you see needing per day?

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 am

Airy wrote:How many bread do you see needing per day?

We would like to fill the bistro with free meals for new people, so the demand will remain high for now. Daily, we are new, so only 2 bread are eaten from there by new players. I just want to make sure there is plenty of donated bread, even if by cost to the town, for new people. it won't always be only 2. Smile

We need to balance wheat production first, but it's doable. Smile
Soon we can not only make all kinds of food really cheap, but also make it profitable for all.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 am

I hope you don't mind that I brought some scrap metal to Spero, ... check Tool Market.

All prices 'are' negotiable, if you spot me in the tavern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 pm

anto_capone wrote:
Airy wrote:How many bread do you see needing per day?

We would like to fill the bistro with free meals for new people, so the demand will remain high for now. Daily, we are new, so only 2 bread are eaten from there by new players. I just want to make sure there is plenty of donated bread, even if by cost to the town, for new people. it won't always be only 2. Smile

We need to balance wheat production first, but it's doable. Smile
Soon we can not only make all kinds of food really cheap, but also make it profitable for all.

Gah...Im but Im new... Sad LOL..I think I can stretch it somehow though. Long as you keep to 2! Nah, I'll juggle, Marche is helping me out some with his mining and wood chopping skills. And I dont want the town treasury to suffer to much either. Specially since it seems to be an Anto and Jill treasury at the minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:32 pm

I was talking to Aro and he is planning on adding an option in the Registration page to choose you town, or if you dont care the you go to the smallest town. I believe he said he would get that done tommorow so until then no new players for us.
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:36 am

Okay, Im here, sorry I spent a day or two slaying wild animals. Very Happy

Do you still need a semi-permanent bread maker?

Plus I have my curdle now, and am willing to make us all some cheese on alternate days. Is this needed?

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Yea, definitely need a baker or two. My first (wheat) harvest should be in a few days, but is not a lot.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 am

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I have been slowly inching up the max items the market will hold. Our treasury is getting better.. Still nowhere near enough to hold the amounts Camaar's market can, but better.

I've been reading the threads on the fields and here are the options:

For vegetables and potatoes, I can make them more expensive (you'll get more for selling them but it'll cost you more to buy them as well) or we can collectively decide to lower wages. I don't really like either option. I like giving a higher wage to new people and I don't really care if i take a loss on it. But I also understand that people will work the higher paying jobs before the lower paying ones. Pick your poison Wink

For wheat.. we really need the fields upgraded. More from a harvest will even out the pricing. Driving up the price of wheat drives up the price of bread. I'm not happy with the thought of raising wheat prices and making it harder for people to eat.

For corn... switch your field to something else Wink

The prices of 95% of the items in our world are tied to the price of iron. I haven't been out mining yet so if anyone can tell me the profit/loss on the current prices with the new code (Axel or Nogwa?) it would be appreciated. I'll rework the prices from there.

Questions? Let me know Smile
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 am

Personally, I struck gold Razz Not with iron though, selling iron is foolish, selling iron bars is where the money is/was at Wink

Here I only sold a few bars, but I sold something like 40 in Camaar to make about a gold profit or so for 2 weeks worth of working. Would've made a lot more if I had kept all of my iron till after the new code was put in. Even with the prices for iron bars much lower here in Spero, I should be able to make a fair profit now.

The one thing that the new code touches on, that I was happy about, was the affect of your mining level in mining iron. at lvl 60ish I would normally get more or less 140 iron, now I get about 100 iron, but the value is doubled.

I'd go out again to mine for a while, but I've other things I want to get accomplished... learning heavy armorer, training my horse, raising my smithing skill.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:56 am

I got plenty of herbs that might be of intrest of our alchemy-students, yet for 1 bronze I will not sell them to the town.

Smile I'm willing to sell them if the prizes are okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm

yea, is hard to remember what was worth what, and what was rare ect. is why there is a flat rate.

with the herbs, i think we might go by our own supply/demand ratio with all herbs; meaning if they are rare here they will cost more simply. the prices of the other town do not matter if we cant buy them here. that said i do know a couple that were rare, simply because they were used for stamina potions so they were always bought.

so keep an eye on the herb market, it will fluctuate a lot over the next weeks. Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:32 pm

adjusted ingredients market, will be adjusted again depending on impact.

also watching the market ratios for milk, with a 5 silver cost and base of 52 milk per cow estimated low, milk price might need to come up to make it more profitable. a lot depends on leather squares and if they can be used as meat as well.

***260 bronze each cow total milk *** loss margin current at 5 bronze each***
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Do we still need bread? I can bring plenty of bread in a few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 am

always need bread. depends on cost to you, if we dont both make a profit it isnt worth it.
buying price is 30 here, and the town will buy a lot.

our town has not once ever run out of food for new people, we should all be proud of it!
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 am

30 is fine Smile I sold a bunch of bread, but I got more. I didn't want to empty the Town Treasury Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 am

Now that the Wheat upgrade has been queued should the town start selling Wheat again?
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:54 am

Yes, I'll fix that.
ArcaneJill
ArcaneJill