The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit?

2 posters

Go down

Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit? Empty Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit?

Post by Godsfortune Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:59 pm

Good day,

I wanted to bring up my thoughts with the amount of Work Orders that seekers can put up in the Labor Hall. Quite frequently I see seekers with 10+ or even 20+ work orders up in just one work shop skill. Nothing against those seekers, good for them to utilize the option. However, this seems over the top and my thoughts are that there should be a limit to how many work orders can be put up by a seeker. A limit for each sector makes most sense to me (Jobs in the: Field, Ranch, Workshop, Repair). The requirement to think about how to use one's limited number of work orders would likely make them focus on ways to have them completed sooner and not just sitting in every town (ie. a good wage, having buyers lined up, reaching out to the community to help work on them). This would open up more opportunity for other work orders to be noticed and require more travel between towns in order for citizens to keep up work orders from outside their home town. 

These are some of my quick thoughts. Feel free to comment or Like/Dislike.

All the best,
~Godsfortune

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Lord Arogandor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit? Empty Re: Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit?

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:31 pm

I'm absolutely in favor for limiting the work order request in a way.
Either by limiting the requests that can be placed per Seeker, request additional fees per placed request, or placing a count-down timer per request or something else! Either way, worth discussing! Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit? Empty Re: Should Your Number of Work Orders Have a Limit?

Post by Godsfortune Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:05 am

A quick reply to some of your ideas:

I think a timer is probably not the best idea. This could get messy with some projects nearly finished but left up for many possible in game our out of game reasons. Some projects just take forever as well and we know we're all good at procrastinating. 

An additional fee might make the worker on the request suffer from a lower paid wage or it might not. I see potential with this though if we can find the right amount to start charging an extra fee at. Seekers that want to overload the labor hall to simply get things made quickly in batches could pay a fee and likely aren't placing orders up for quick profit. To shoot out a quick number I would say a fee is initiated on the 5th work order in a certain Job/trade. Meaning 4 could be up for alchemy, blacksmithing and etc. all at the same time before a fee is required. 4 items in one sector is a lot if you think about it. More communication/cooperation would be required among seekers if more are needed sooner for what ever reason.

Or the third option noted with simply having a cap at 4 and one can't pay a fee to get more work orders made. A work order would simply need to be finished before a new one begins.

After thinking about all 3, I like most the idea with a fee once a limit is reached. In my mind this is good only if a reasonable fee is in place, a percent that goes up with the total amount of units required for an item to be completed. With this option a seeker can still entertain the idea of having many work orders up if they simply want to pay up and at least the game is then taking some coin out of the realm. If it's too low of a fee though or the amount of requests a seeker can put up is too high before a fee is required, this won't do much in helping lower the amount of requests that some put up in a single trade skill.

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down