The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party Bloon as Gamble Option

+2
Filbert
Godsfortune
6 posters

Go down

Party Bloon as Gamble Option Empty Party Bloon as Gamble Option

Post by Godsfortune Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:55 pm

Hello,

I wanted to bring up the Party Bloon being an option in the Gamble portion of events currently. I think that this items may not belong in this grouping of items. Perhaps all seekers would even agree with this as it was given to everyone just recently and the stats on it are a bit low. Others are buying them for 1-2 silver just to break them down into prize points. It's a cute item but maybe not fitting for a gamble option. 
Leave a comment if you agree or disagree, Like/Dislike.

All the best,
~Godsfortune

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Party Bloon as Gamble Option Empty Re: Party Bloon as Gamble Option

Post by Filbert Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:09 pm

I don't think a Bloon is actually underpowered: +3 Luck is not despicable, particularly in an Off Hand item. It is not great in combat (though still better than a lot of shields) but equipment definitely should be useful in other fields; otherwise you get into a spiral of increasing combat ability to do better on events to get equipment to improve combat...

It is true that there are a lot around just now (was it everybody who logged in that day, or absolutely every Seeker?), which means that if one turns up in your Gamble this year it will be less than useful. But other Seekers will want to trade for it in the future; having something that will be valuable in the future but is only useful for scrap now means only delayed gratification, which makes it like most of the rest of TGL.

Filbert
Seeker

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:29 pm

The Party Bloons were a special gift given to all active Seekers for their patience during a tough month. In total there are 337 of those Party Bloons in the Realm.

Some Seekers ask me to make it impossible to salvage them, others ask me not to add them as a possible gamble. So far, I'm not going to making any changes concerning the Party Bloons.

When the Party Bloons were added, we've taking in account that some players might salvage them for additional points. Seekers trying to collect additional Party Bloons haven't been very successful at this point, so most Seekers will need to do some honest fighting still for being able to gamble.

When I would take the Party Bloons out of the list of gambling, other removal requests might follow. After all not every item is equally good, so why not end up with only the best of the best? I've removed the Equipment from the Talking Dead Quest from the very start and intend to keep doing this but I'm not in favor of making a selection so that every "gambler" goes home totally pleased. It's gambling after all!

This gambling option was only added to compensate the growing gap between young Seekers aiming to collect one of the armor sets and more advanced Seekers who had little use for their Prize points.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2991
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Godsfortune Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:16 pm

Excluding the Cute Teddy Bear, the Bloon is by far the lowest stat item in the Gamble. Every other item has at least double the stats, it just seems like a big difference from all other items. I can't argue though, gambling is gambling and now I feel it's become even more so :p

All the best,
~Godsfortune

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FileXX44 Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:32 pm

I can agree with the gambling is gambling sentiment, although I think before it was added everything in the pool not a bad roll, even if some rolls are worse than others. I understand that Party Bloons might be appealing to newer seekers, but I think it might be too soon after so many (Grail quality too) were handed out. I'd welcome it in the pool after some time has passed. Rolling is pretty expensive, and getting one of the lower rolls like a Kraken Helmet as a consolation is a lot different than potentially getting a Party Bloon.

FileXX44
Seeker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dardoc Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:30 am

Ah Bloons...

I have two ideas either one of which can be implemented by Aro at his pleasure:

1) Delay the entry of bloons into the gamble. In the past some items did enter the gamble but not in the event immediately after they were released. In the case of Bloons the argument for delaying their entry into the gamble is quite simple - virtually everyone who will be able to gamble has already received a bloon. Thus delaying the entry into the gamble of the bloon by one event makes sense as it will allow those who didn´t get a bloon to obtain one at that point. 

2) We could have a little achievement...

I used up my gamble and all I got was a bloon! 

Very Happy

Just saying. 

Dardoc.

Dardoc
Seeker

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2020-06-05

Godsfortune and Freya like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Onihae Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:04 pm

Mini will get mad if you pop her bloons :LOL1: