The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azetyth Ideas

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Azetyth Ideas Empty Azetyth Ideas

Post by Maeweather Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:48 pm

So I'm relatively new to the game (less than a month; joined at the beginning of June 2022). This will be a bucket post of ideas.

I don't imagine I have the best ideas, nor the most ideas; I will rely upon you, dear reader, for feedback and clarification.

I reason that if we can come up with 100 ideas, and 10 of those are great, and 2 get their way into the game - they'll be awesome.

So I'm going to generate, or gather, 100 ideas - and stop then.

Goal: Gather ideas that are town-specific. Maybe other cities will like the ideas - my goal is just to make Azetyth great.

My request:

if you add ideas, please provide an index one higher than the last one in this topic.

If you have a response, please reference the corresponding identifier.

Ideas (each with it's own reply post)

001 - Make reading skill more useful006 - Town Outfit / Tattoo011 - Town-specific weather016 - Town-specific cemetery021 - Town-specific printing press 
002 - Town-specific quests007 - Town-specific locations012 - Town-specific book copies017 - Town-specific pastries022 - Town-specific layout
003 - Town-specific NPCs008 - Town-specific tax policies013 - Town-specific tolls018 - Town-specific instruments023 - Town-specific witch visits
004 - Town Library Fan Fiction009 - Town-specific trading014 - Town-specific societal issues019 - Town-specific alcohol024 - Town-specific mourning
005 - Town Holidays010 - Town-specific genealogies015 - Town-specific chapter020 - Town-specific mascots025 - Town-specific music

026 - Town-specific tools 031 - Town-specific shields036 - Town-specific pickpocket competition041 - Town-specific water flavor046 - Town-specific tools
027 - Town-specific illness032 - Town-specific relations037 - Town-specific celebrities042 - Town-specific classes
028 - Town-specific armor033 - Town-specific enhancements038 - Town-specific newsletter043 - Town-specific healing
029 - Town-specific dangers034 - Town-specific amenities039 - Town-specific charities044 - Town-specific champion
030 - Town-specific dungeons035 - Town-specific augur040 - Town-specific time-zones045 - Town-specific humour

Last edited by Maeweather on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:48 am; edited 45 times in total

Maeweather
Seeker

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2022-06-01

Lord Arogandor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Azetyth Ideas Empty re: Azetyth Ideas

Post by Maeweather Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:54 pm

001 - Make reading skill more useful

Maybe there are maps in the town library that, having read them, you have faster travel speed.

Maybe there are generational tomes that you can read that increase your morale (the idea is that you're re-reading the story of your family and it gives you a sense of peace / identity).

Maybe there are recipes for special deserts that can only be made immediately following the perusal of a tome.

Maybe there is a book that provides a non-violent way to defeat the witch.

Note: I have no idea if this sort of thing is possible in this game - or if it's possible to customize this sort of thing for our town.

Last edited by Maeweather on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reduced title length)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:50 am

002 - Town-specific quests

This one would have to be coordinated with Aro - but it would be cool if there were a quest that is specifically associated with Azetyth.

Are there goods or services that are specific to Azetyth? What makes the town unique - other than it's name and how it's managed?

Maybe the fact that Azetyth is close to the shore matters.

Maybe there is a flower that is WAY more likely to grow near Azetyth - and it's in a particular recipe or improves Azetyth beer in a particular way.

Maybe there is a spice that is made from an insect that lives exclusively near Azetyth.

In brief, there would be a quest that is location specific - and living in or near Azetyth would bear fruit.

Last edited by Maeweather on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:50 pm

003 - Town-specific NPCs

As far as I can tell, the NPCs are common across towns.

I admit to being a n00b here - I've not yet left Azetyth; however, from what I can tell, the names are identical.
Which is a very reasonable game sort of thing - but wouldn't make sense if it were real.

Example: Ugdar is common across all towns - and this makes sense because he presumably travels.

Azetyth could perhaps have its own NPCs. Or maybe they'd actually be the same NPCs but just have town-specific names.

Alternatively, perhaps the NPCs that are associated with Azetyth could prefer certain towns.

Maybe this only impacts 1 or 2 NPCs - but it would add more flavor and depth if some of them were town-centric.

You could also have the opposite - maybe some are a little bit unfair to a town. Not to necessarily punish - but to add flavor and depth.

My ultimate goal is to be able to visit each town (eventually) and actually feel like I'm somewhere different than the last town.

Anyway, Happy Friday!

Last edited by Maeweather on Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing syntax)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:18 pm

004 - Town Library Fan Fiction

Most games I have played that are text based have certain static things - and one of them is the distinct history of each town.

If you are lucky, you get a general world history and maybe the history of the town or city from the beginning ... but then, unless you have played the game for the entire length of its creation, there isn't anything new or specific to the towns.

One way to fill this gap might be false fan fictions.

The idea is something akin to the town drunk orating about how things used to be.

Maybe they are telling about a girl they used to know who has long since passed.

Maybe they are sharing about a plague that only they survived.

Or maybe they are talking about some fearsome beast only they have seen.

The goal is to add something that gives depth to the town without giving any stat bonuses while also giving character and depth to the town.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:53 pm

005 - Town Holidays

If each town were part of a greater kingdom, it makes sense that perhaps the towns are merely extensions of the central brain.
And the towns wouldn't each have a separate character.

But if each town is distinct - perhaps our town would have their own holidays!

Maybe we celebrate "The time of the twin gerbils". Or a variation of "Groundhog's Day". Or maybe something related to the Witch.
There's got to be story telling you could do about her. But that's perhaps a separate topic.

Maybe celebrate something related to fishing, given our proximity to the shore or the sea.

Maybe there are urban legends of small or mysterious or crazy monsters and we set out a bowl of gruel once a year to satisfy some ritual.

Maybe there are foods or potions that can only be made during the 24 hour period of a once-a-year holiday.

tie-in: Maybe this could be another quest that helps someone learn about their own town. Maybe part of it could be fan-fiction or crowd-sourced or seeker- defined text that satisfies certain elements that are defined by Lord Aro; once the text is done being read, they would get details on the next part of the quest and so on.

Or maybe it could just be a day with no actual impact except role playing.

Sometimes a pen is just a pen.

But I like the idea for a town to have their own local holidays - it gives it character.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:01 pm

006 - Town Outfit / Tattoo (I'm adding this second idea today so that I average once a day - which I had intended to maintain)

The idea here is that citizens of a particular town would have an outfit given them that could wear away.
This ties into the notion that citizenship needs to be renewed - but not so prohibitive that regular people wouldn't consider it due to the price.

Maybe it's not a full outfit - maybe it's a badge, or a sash, or something that wouldn't taken up another slot.

But it would have to be taken off or put on to convey you were intending to be considered / treated as a local.

The impact would be that maybe certain parts of the town would be open to you.

Or maybe you might be given a discount when purchasing certain things.

Or maybe certain produced goods might not be visible if you weren't wearing your gear.

If it went the way of a tattoo - the maybe each town could have its own. So you could be an actual citizen of town A and an honorary citizen of town B and C.

Maybe there could be group quests that would need to be worked by different people from different towns - and they'd be able to recognize their township via tattoo/badge/whatever.

Note: I do know the physical presentation of the avatar has low impact right now - and if you visit someone's page, it does say if they're a member or otherwise - so perhaps this idea is DOA.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:24 pm

007 - Town-specific locations

In the same way, in the real-world, no two towns are really the same, it might be interesting to have just one building that is town-specific.

This would require knowing something specific about each town.

Maybe Azetyth is known for Ugdar's June visits. Or to have a low-level library. Or a particularly friendly cryptid. It's not particularly important what the distinction is - just that there is one.

And once that's identified, the building in question can support that endeavor or distinction.

Maybe Azetyth has a low-level library because we take care of n00bs more than we care about public education.

Maybe our local cryptid is tied to a local yearly ritual - and, because it takes a year to make some of the gifts we give it, there is a building for that.

Maybe the trees around Azetyth glow on the East side - and to do that, there are people who work for the town who ensure the trees are given special food which keeps the town safe - and the Azetyth variant of that food causes the glow. And thus perhaps the building is for preparation of that food.

That's the idea - something that is unique to the town.

It doesn't have to be something huge or EPIC - but it would be nice if there was something at least a little interesting in Azetyth that you could not do anywhere else.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:03 pm

008 - Town-specific tax policies

I'm sure town taxes are collected often enough that the monies can build up to something nice.

I'm also sure that perhaps they can be used on city improvements and such.

It'd be awesome if a percentage of the gathered taxes could be voted on.

The execution of the policy would still be at the discretion of the major.

However, instead of just voting on who is elected - we could participate on other improvements.

And the improvements that would be available could be town-specific, or could lend the town to other capabilities, or could augment other things.

Perhaps it provides town-sponsored training for certain skills - someone with sufficient skill offers training, everyone can attend for free, and the teacher gets a flat rate. A kind of town-sponsored education.

Perhaps it offers the ability to loan monies to the other towns for a fee. I suspect the other towns may not wish to borrow - so perhaps this is moot.

Perhaps it offers the ability to reduce the cost of buying everyone a round of drinks.

Perhaps it could be put towards the common wellness - and for a particular month, people heal at a faster rate or the cost for healing is reduced.

The idea is that the town could have a bit of citizen participation for how some of the monies are spent.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:24 pm

009 - Town-specific trading

There are hints in the beginner quest of non-human races. The most obvious are dwarves.

I like the notion that there are other races (even if only sporadically).

I especially like the notion that different races are good at different things.

This could promote trading!

Imagine if there were a random encounter on the road with different races.

Maybe dwarves would sell better weapons, or ore, or something related to mountains.
Or maybe they'd have a side quest only a human could help with.

Maybe elves would have special food (lighter bread, more satisfying soup).
Or maybe elves would like to barter for something they prefer humans craft.

Where it gets town-specific - maybe certain races only hang out near certain terrain.
Thus maybe Azetyth would never get Elves per se - but might get water faeries.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:07 pm

010 - Town-specific genealogies

Something that real-world towns have is old people.

They remember the stories.

Some of them are still afraid of things that have been gone for decades.

I imagine every town has its own things that are quietly taboo.

Maybe there was a town drunk who went on a killing spree.

Maybe there is an NPC who did genuinely evil things to another NPC - and so the townsfolk got together and killed the first - but nobody talks about it any more.

Put another way, if you actually lived there in RL, and you made a friend who was new to the town - what would you tell them?

The idea of genealogies is that you could knit together the history of the town by which people, in which particular generation, experienced what.

And so the town's family trees - the town's family forest as it were - provides a skeleton for connecting those details.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 pm

011 - Town-specific weather

So maybe the proximity to different terrain has an effect on weather.

And maybe rain, or sleet, or hail, or whatever negatively or positive impacts crops.

Maybe certain road conditions only occur, or worsen, with certain weather.

Maybe with enough rains, the map will actually change due to flooding.

Or maybe some industrious local gnome has developed a machine that can fly - but only when it's hot.

Or maybe the witch is bored.

The idea here is simply the notion that the character of the weather is part of the game and that the weather is local. Or maybe the weather is common but the impact is localized by town.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Azetyth Ideas Empty re: Azyetyth Ideas

Post by Maeweather Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:48 pm

012 - Town-specific book copies

This is similar to idea #001 - but the idea is that different cities would have slightly different copies of the same book.

Maybe the person who copied the book used extra flourishes and it took more pages.

Maybe the person who copied the book was less flowery in their transliteration and it resulted in less pages.

The idea is that different cities would have slightly different lengths of books for the exact same purpose.

If a book had a bonus - it would take that additional 1% of time because maybe the original book was written in Azetyth and the copier was not from there - and so they needed to spend extra time copying some of the Azetyth-specific symbols.

But it would retain the exact same bonus.

Alternatively, maybe a book - if it was copied by the right person, in the right city, and it was about the correct topic - then the Azetyth copy of the book was 99% of the time. Maybe it used local paper - and it is easier to read.

This would effectively be a localized enhancement to reading - but caused by the material and process vs the skill.

Last edited by Maeweather on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed title casing)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:41 am

013 - Town-specific tolls

It cannot be too much - nobody is really rich around these parts.

But the idea that repairs to the road, and perhaps limited guarding near cities, might be paid for by a toll.

Maybe it only applies to the road itself - and so if you don't walk on the road, you don't have the toll.

Maybe one of the jobs in town is to provide guard duty for the tolls.

And maybe the toll booths are regularly hit by specific kinds of NPCs or specific kinds of encounters - ones that are harder than normal.

Likewise, maybe the reverse is true. Maybe there are caches a few steps off the beaten path that are stocked by the city.

If you discover one, it gives you a little bit of a respite.

Maybe it makes your bread a little more effective, maybe it gives you a water-proof roof when you sleep - and so you get a little bit more endurance the next day.

Or maybe it just looks better but the witch took a protection fee.

But every town would have its own expression of the idea.

Last edited by Maeweather on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title casing)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm

014 - Town-specific societal issues

So I'm including this for completeness.

There are no perfect towns and there are no perfect people.

So maybe the towns should reflect this.

Maybe one town has an issue with alcohol more than just having town drunks. Maybe it actually causes horrible things to come out of a specific family (that only lives in one town) or actually introduces genuine evil into a town.

There are two story-telling approaches to this. The positive might be that people in that town guard against it and are aggressively protective when it comes to the topic. In discussion, they either don't discuss (not willing to even entertain the thought) or all discussions of it are always companioned with a way to address it. Everyone taking responsibility for ensuring it doesn't happen again sort of thing.

The negative is that the town secretly champions it. Think if it as victim blaming - but if you get anyone with RL trauma ... until they work through it, they will often blame themselves. So too the town in question could have their secret shame that they both despise and are quietly proud of.  It's not a pleasant sort of thing - but would definitely go a long way toward giving the town a unique identity.

And from a participation perspective, you could allow citizens of the town to vote on it all - or you could keep it in secret only allowing the person in charge of the town to weigh in - or Lord Aro could plan out a secret conclave wherein his vision for introducing this is revealed.

For the record, this sort of thing is probably too complicated to implement without serious planning.

However, it would definitely provide a supplemental layer of identity to any given town.

Last edited by Maeweather on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title casing)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 pm

015 - Town-specific chapter

This one is a global notion of a full game history.

The idea is that you might have a book explaining the history of the game.

You might have towns that never existed (perhaps only in the mind of Lord Aro). And you have towns that clearly do.

Each such town would have a chapter. It would include many of the ideas I've posted on this thread. It might have others as well.

The thrust here is the idea that the contents of the chapter could be it's own book in the library - or be part of some sort of game-adjacent competition.

One approach: create a definition of sorts:

Example:
01. Must be only 2 pages. Or 10. Or 100. Something definite, regardless.
02. Must be in first person. Or third person. Whatever - just consistent with the rest of the chapters.
03. Maybe include a specific character that is used throughout as a common thread.

It would give each town character but also potentially explain why each town has whatever voice it has.

Last edited by Maeweather on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title casing)

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:15 am

016 - Town-specific cemetery

So the undying nature of this sort of game usually prohibits the inclusion of a cemetery.

This is a bit of an oddity - because if it were really a rudimentary town, LOTS of people would have died.

Thus, there really SHOULD be a cemetery.

Maybe the default list of personnel buried there would be players who have stopped playing.

Active players could go down and walk around the cemetery, perhaps see the plot of someone they don't know.

Maybe the cemetery is actually a little bit of a maze - and if you walk past the right sequence of headstones, you actually reveal a mystery of some kind.

Maybe if you visit at night there are fights with undead.

Maybe if you visit during a full moon (suggesting, again, a need for in-game weather / seasons / moon state), a dead elder could reveal something or provide a bonus of some kind.

Either way - there are opportunities with a town-specific cemetery.

If nothing else it would provide a little variety to the sorts of ways someone could spend their time - something that wasn't reading, writing, or combat.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:21 am

017 - Town-specific pastries

Maybe it's the lack of an easy way to make sugar.

Or maybe the townsfolk have never had a donut.

But the baker skill could be expanded to included pastries.

Maybe it just starts as a loaf that is lighter that the others that isn't thrown out.

Then people start experimenting with berries or other sweet ingredients.

Eventually you have sub-specialties - and you have bread bakers and pastry bakers.

Honestly - baking could be far more split - but for the sake of this post - i'm focusing on pastries.

The idea is that each town could have some pastry it is known for.

Maybe it's not really a pastry - but something that goes with beer (given it's popularity).

Maybe it's something that is deeply inedible but is favored among horses.

Maybe it's something that is neither but that the witch would actually pay gold for because of how hard it is to make.

There are lots of directions here. Might even be interesting if these town-specific baked goods were ingredients for something the towns made - thereby opening up another layer for trade.

Can haz donuts?

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:03 am

018 - Town-specific instruments

You can manufacture different items in each city. The carpenter, in particular can make more items than any other.

I imagine this is because wood is far easier to get as a resource AND it's easier to work with.

Likewise, the blacksmith can also make items - limited to the expected in-game objects, of course.

One missing class of items is the instrument.

Perhaps they can be made out of cloth (some variant of bagpipes might be made by the tailor and have particularly low quality; likewise some sort of rudimentary drum).

And some out of wood (an obvious example is the flute).

The point here is that there might be the yearning in the heart of a seeker to be a bard or a minstrel.

Perhaps this might be implied by simply allowing the seeker to craft different instruments.

At the very least - it would be interesting to simply have different instruments in the game.

And perhaps each town might specialize in a class of instruments.

Perhaps the standard major classes could apply: wind, brass, percussion, string - and have the fifth town not provide any ability to differentiate it.

Or perhaps all instruments could be made every location - but different towns specialized in different materials.  One town offers the ability to manufacture or improve cloth instruments, another town with wood, and so on.

Even if you wanted to maintain thematic consistency with the mock time frame of the game - maybe just medieval time-frame instruments would be sufficient.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:35 pm

019 - Town-specific alcohol

So different alcohols, much like different honeys, are the result of their ingredients.

It would be interesting if each town had their own flavor of beer. Or wine. Or whatever.

Maybe the ability to make wine would be common (some parts of the process would necessarily be identically repeatable).

While others would be different based upon the specific kind of drink.

Maybe making town-specific wine would be a specialty that requires a mentor - it's not like you're going to stumble onto a trade secret.

And perhaps the process is so rigorous that you can only specialize in one at a time.

And maybe this creates a wine that has both a positive and negative buff. A net neutral effect, as it were.

If so, I think it'd be distinctive if Azetyth had drunken fighting as a skill - which you could only train if you drank Azetyth ale and then walked outside of town, fighting while drunk.

Anyway, that's the idea - town-specific alcohols.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:51 pm

020 - Town-specific mascots

The idea here might come from the notion that a particular animal is found more or less frequently near the town.

Or maybe the town's history causes them to arbitrarily look favorably upon it.

However, the two simply refuses to kill any of this animal.

Or individuals in the town could have pets - and most would have one of these as the pet.

It might be emblazoned on the town's banner / flag / logo / etc.

And if there were scheduled public competitions, generally the mascot would be represented.

For an excessively cute application of this - sometimes you'd get children named after variations of the name of the animal.

Especially if the form of the young version of the animal is particularly small or furry.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:49 am

021 - Town-specific printing press

So one of the ways a town might be distinct is that it's equipment is better or worse than another town's equipment.

Maybe one town has better molds.

Or another has better ink.

Still a third has more precise frames - so their kerning is more consistent and looks more professional.

Thus, to nicely print a book - perhaps someone would need to visit each town to ensure the specific nuances or strengths of that town's equipment was incorporated.

If someone printing a new book didn't, that book would be less effective in some way.

To further augment the impact, even if they visited every town - if they visited in a particular sequence, it would be even more effective.

All that to say - this might be both a town-specific thing but also impact all towns.

Bonus if this ties into a town that few know about, that isn't identified on the map, but that is still navigable.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:05 pm

022 - Town-specific layout

I imagine this won't be as popular; I'm including it for completeness in case this might add value.

Right now all the towns are very similar. They all offer the same amenities; they're like different expressions of the same hotel.

One way this could be changed is if three things were done:

01. Add a few features that are town specific.
      They don't need to necessarily offer some sort of in-game bonus (although that would be nice).
      But it would give each town more character.
      Examples:
      A church could offer the ability to marry another seeker, protection (for a fee) against certain monsters, maybe even secret training as a monk
      A bodega could offer a way to get unusual items, very-low-quality items for a cheaper rate, or perhaps simply some amusing novelty items.
      A photo-booth could offer the ability to get a silly picture of a mob/monster with your head on it, could create a fake family portrait, or frame an in-game message in a particularly nice way.
      A tailor could allow you to add color, style, flair, or other visual nuance to your outfits, or spend money to have rugs/carpets/upholstery made from the skin of a defeated creature.
      An apothecarist could offer to build custom potions (limited to only a few), or to reverse engineer the recipe for a potion, or to lightly enchant certain items
      A therapist could offer a simple way to be happier every day for a fee (someone to talk problems over)
02. Perhaps remove a feature - although it's frustrating, having everything at every town means the value of travel is reduced
      Maybe that's okay - but it would reward engagement if something different were missing in each town.
03. And given 01 and 02, giving each town their own layout would also give the town it's own voice.
      Maybe one city is a relatively thick mainstreet with everything off of it.
      Maybe another is a network of peoples homes and out of certain larger homes the library, the tavern, the blacksmith's guild, and the town magistrate all live.
      And maybe the center of town is the local mayor's house (the position itself warrants a large house) which is surrounded by a gate/fence - and all other offerings are provided around it.

So that's the idea - just because you're at a town wouldn't necessarily mean you'd know how to get anywhere.

Which is a very town-specific problem in the real world.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeweather Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:39 pm

023 - Town-specific witch visits

So there appears to be one witch and anyone can visit her.

What if there were different responses based upon which town they travelled from?

Maybe she favors one town over another.

Maybe she dislikes one town over another.

Maybe there could be a quest, a longer one, that requires to change town loyalty during mid-stages.

Maybe she could require you to be associated with one town while she has you spying on another.

Or maybe she expects different things (carrying certain artifacts, having completed different quests, have the last mob you killed be X or Y) prior to interacting with you.

Maybe she had a love that has passed away years ago and so a particular town holds a special place in her heart.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Azetyth Ideas Empty re: Azyetyth Ideas

Post by Maeweather Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:27 pm

024 - Town-specific mourning

So perhaps there was a local war and an individual or family (or sub-set of the town's population) was killed.

Or maybe they were maimed.

Or are still alive but shamble on in a different form - and the town wishes to respect them but treat them as dead.

The idea is here is that the town would have a day or week of mourning.

Maybe the shoppes don't open or have limited hours.

Maybe places only offer limited services.

Or maybe different stores/locations offer mourning-themed offerings to respect those the town is remembering.

The notion here is that this town, unlike any other, would recognize those particular people. And the townsfolk would act accordingly.

Maeweather
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Azetyth Ideas Empty Re: Azetyth Ideas

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next