Fishermen and fisherwomen

Go down

Fishermen and fisherwomen Empty Fishermen and fisherwomen

Post by Jubilee on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:51 pm

I've noticed the price of fish has gone up again. This time I tend to see fish for 80b to 1 silver almost everywhere.
I also see that the suggested average price is 35 bronze.  I've never seen anyone sell fish that low except for me (sometimes).  But that's mostly because I could afford to as a grail fishermen.  But even I have needed to up my prices to 50 bronze recently. 
 Is this the new normal for the local fish economy?

Or is it just due to the current supply and demand of fish?  (ie not many people fishing, and not many people buying.)
Or the changes to the base chance of catching fish and everyone is catching less?
I'd like to see the average price of fish to come down to 50 bronze, and see more in the markets.  
Or should the suggested average price in the game be raised?  Is this high price reasonable. idk

Fishermen and women... What are your thoughts? At what price do you sell your fish? Why?

Jubilee
Seeker

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2018-07-15

Back to top Go down

Fishermen and fisherwomen Empty Re: Fishermen and fisherwomen

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 am

Fish is after the Mushrooms, the most rare food ingredient currently in the realm. There haven't been any changes in the fishing script since a wile now.
This are the amount of foods currently in the Realm.

NameTotalWgtAmount SoldAverage Price
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_10Cheese2,790976.5013,48084 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_8Egg7,4931,873.2578,10529 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_7Fish872479.6014,84335 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_9Grapes2,1831,200.6511,81951 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_2Meat10,4536,794.45106,49928 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_14Mushrooms21575.252922 Silver and 42 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_12Potatoes2,6751,738.7516,24543 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_11Poultry5,5573,612.0523,50243 Bronze
Fishermen and fisherwomen Inv_4Vegetables2,6441,454.2010,48046 Bronze

Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2777
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AxineeHearth on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am

Fishing is expensive. 35b is way too low a price if you want ~3b/stamina used. The fishing rod also decays at at steady pace, so you need to take that into consideration.

I think 60b is a more realistic price. INtelligence isn't in high demand in the realm (knuckleheads everywhere!), so it's a niche product, mostly used for weekly quests.

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 am

I think Fish is in high demand for any seeker that focuses on an herbalism skill in particular. When I put fish up to sale whether it's 30 or 200 fish...it's bought right away in just a few days. Most of the ones who buy it are herbalists and because it's affordable to now develop their intelligence skill further. Herbalists don't make a huge amount of money to buy fish at 60b or higher...not like those who eat up meat for strength for this chosen professions. Most fish priced at 60 or higher in my experience....maybe 2 are bought per week...unless fish is part of the weekly quest then 6-10 might be bought.

So should fish be something affordable or something that is bought rarely? Does this cause herbalism to suffer and consquently potion making? Or is everyone content with the way things are?

Perhaps I'm in the wrong business as a fisherwoman. Also I hate the idea of cutting the competing Fisherman's sales with my Uber cheap price...but then again it wars with my idea of providing an affordable product to people who do want it.

You could still be right about 60 being the most realistic cost. It is most reasonable for a new fisherman, but not so much once you can make your own fishing rods in my humble opinion. But perhaps my idea of net profit per stamina is different from the kind of profit others expect?

Thank you for your opinion. I hope more people share theirs. So we can get a view on what they think as well.

Jubilee
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:57 am

Fish is in demand more i think for the people who role play an intelligence style game and because older people who are experiencing extreme diminishing returns on their personal skills that are more useful. I know that's the state I'm in, where constitution, strength, agility and luck are advancing so slowly intelligence is just the next best thing.

The problem with fish demand is the same as the problem with potato and vegetable demand. The advantages intelligence gives you are very limited in number and scope which keeps people from making plans to load up on day after day of fish soup. The benefit of intelligence in herbalism is very negligible compared to a good herb bag and skill level, and is the same as luck-- which is a far more diverse skill. Intelligence's other function, writing, is essentially moot point for a lot of seekers, since most books are already copied.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Thank you for sharing your view and explaining, Cpt. Coot Smile

I think, I need to just content myself with the fact that the way I do fishing is in it's own niche and everybody else will just do their own thing the way they want. Which is how it should be anyway, right?

Jubilee
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down