The upcoming Autumn Feast

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The upcoming Autumn Feast Empty The upcoming Autumn Feast

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:15 am

Dear Seekers,

Starting on the 1st of October we will have our annual Autumn Feast.
As I -and many Seekers- weren't very happy about the last Realm Events, we decided to try a slightly different approach in the way prizes will be awarded.

The Regular Prizes during the Autumn Feast:

• Finding stuff while participating. This remains unchanged. We still believe these prizes are worth participating with the event, no matter your skills or age in game.
  • Stamina Reward after the feast. Comparing your town total score with the scores of the other competing towns, we will decide how much additional stamina you will receive the next 2 weeks after the event. In total there will be 100 stamina distributed over the 4 towns.The total town score is the sum of the individual scores of all citizens of the town. For example: If Azetyth scores 100k points, Sarmiz scores 60k points, Spero scores 30k points and Camaar scores 10k points, then each citizen of Azetyth will receive 50 stamina extra each day, citizens of Sarmiz will receive 30 stamina each day, citizens of Spero will receive 15 stamina and citizens of Camaar will receive 5 additional stamina.
  • In each town, 1 Honor will be given to the citizen who donates the most Grail Tokens toward the Grail Blessing. So in total 4 honor points will be awarded, no more, no less. Previous donations toward the town do not affect this count. Only tokens donated during the event.

The Top Tier Prizes during the Autumn Feast:
Unlike the other events, the top tier prizes (yes the fancy equipment) will not be given to the Seekers who reach the highest score during the event! Instead we decided to give 1 ticket for each time the player participates (in other words, with each 10 stamina spend, you will receive a ticket). After the event there will be a lottery, randomly picking winning tickets. This way every participant has a chance to win something awesome! Of course the more you participate during the event, the more tickets you'll end up and the more chances you have to win a prize. Please bear in mind that your feast score does affect your town score and the amount of stamina you will receive, however it will NOT affect your chances, meaning a player who scores 150 points with each 10 stamina spend has no better chances than a player who scores only 5 points with each stamina spend!

Additional notes:

• There will be only one lottery with prizes, NOT one lottery in each town with prizes.
  • Seekers will only be able to win 1 prize of the lottery, when you got a prize, your remaining tickets are removed. Obviously we start with the best prizes.
  • The list of prizes that can be won, will be known during the event, leaving little chance for surprises afterwards.
  • There will be a maximum amount of tickets Seekers can have. There is no need to crush your piggy bank, just to have the highest chances on winning.

Furthermore, we are still re-working on how we will calculate the score you'll receive when participating. During the Autumn Feast, this score is multiplied by the Grail Blessing (which will remain unchanged) but also by the menu's completed in the town, based on the goods donated toward the feast. We keep you informed as soon we figured out the details.

If you have any additional questions, or something is not clear, please feel free to participate in this discussion. I opened this topic with the goal of making better Realm Events. Smile

Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2755
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

The upcoming Autumn Feast Empty Re: The upcoming Autumn Feast

Post by Helfdane on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 am

cheers
 A very fair and balanced reward system. I like it.

Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 am

I'm happy to hear Helfdane! I don't know if it's very balanced, but I like to believe it's better than what we had.

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 am

I like it. The lottery seems like a fair reward system to me
Will there still be 1 honor for everyone to find during normal participation?
robert
robert
Seeker

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 am

Yes, while participating, there's a chance that you'll earn 1 honor (once).

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Anything us pickpockets looking to participate in... other ways... should expect?  How are the mechanics for that?  Very Happy
Dutch
Dutch
Seeker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrai on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:19 am

How many rare armors will be given total?  I guess for the Autumn Feast there were previously only 4 total given out, but during the Pumpking event there were more like 25-30, right?  All in all I don't mind the system too much but I hope the amount of winning tickets remains comparable to past events, otherwise it's another nerf that takes the rare armors further out of reach for young players.
Terrai
Terrai
Seeker

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2017-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 pm

This sounds great! I'm excited for the Autumn Feast event. Smile

Jubilee
Seeker

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2018-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantas on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Overall I like the idea and I'm excited to see how it works out.

Have you considered opening up tickets to thieves? I would imagine a normal participant is gifted a ticket from the grail lords when participating. How about giving thieves a ticket they managed to steal from the grail lords in addition to whatever else that normally happens. While I don't plan on doing any stealing myself it is part of the game and I think if we are opening up the possibility of great rewards to more seekers we should include everyone participating in the feast.

Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:50 am

The tombola tickets will be awarded based on the amount of stamina spend. This is unaffected by the score. So for thieves it will be exactly the same. Seekers trying to steal will receive tickets based on the stamina they use, not based on their success rate.

10 stamina spend (either in preparing for or stealing from the feast) = 1 ticket

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Dear Seekers,

Here is some additional information about the Autumn Feast Event.

+ The Feast Quota's:
Unlike previous Feast Events, the quota's no longer will multiply the score of the Seekers. Instead each completed part will bonus points to the score of the Seeker. At the end of the event there no longer is a multiplier of the town score neither. This makes it more interesting to have the quota's met during the event as each time a Seeker prepares for the feast, the bonus is added.
After the event, the towns will receive back 50% of the goods sold to the feast.
So, towns can massively stock goods for the feast, be virtually unaffected by sabotaging, but  lose half of those goods after the event. Or instead Seekers can check, restock and optimize the quota's scoring points without donating a massive amount. While thieves try to steal the crucial goods, making the town loses points.
We believe this change might spice things up a little bit for both workers, towns and thieves.

+ Additional information:
- The maximum amount of tombola tickets a Seeker can have is 1,400.
- When trying to sabotage (and steal) you receive 2 tickets (as sabotaging requires 20 stamina).
- There will be a total of 10 prizes given during the tombola. A list of what prizes those will be has yet to be made.
- A list with Token donations is available in each of the Towns. Only the Seeker who donated the most Tokens in their town will be awarded with 1 honor.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. The more transparent these events become, the better! Smile

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Testudo on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Sounds good. Looking forward for the event.  bounce

Just wondering, should there be a minimal age of seeker for getting a rare piece of equipment. Although I think everyone should have a chance, I also see the risk that an absolute newbie that just starts for the autumn feast runs away with the price and becomes inactive and leaves the game shortly after...

Testudo
Seeker

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2018-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm

+ There will not be a minimal age to participate and have a chance on winning equipment. If by chance a newbie would win, we can only hope that won't be in vein. But both new and old Seekers give up their Quest for various reasons. It just happens sometimes.

+ Sabotaging Effect on success: 1 to 3 goods + 1 extra good for each 33 points on the Pickpocket Skill.

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:33 am

Another question I wanted to pose is the place of Personal Skills.  I don't see the Help doc mention them or how they influence the feast.
Dutch
Dutch
Seeker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Lord Arogandor wrote:
- The maximum amount of tombola tickets a Seeker can have is 1,400.
So 1400 tickets *10 stamina=14k stamina.  /7days.... 2000 stamina per day is max tickets?  I would argue why even have a maximum if no one will get close to it without using ~9 grail stamina potions per day.  I don't think this cap really accomplishes the goal of evening the playing field, since 3, maybe 4 people will hit max (1400 tickets) and the average seeker will get ~100 tickets.  We're still just going to end up with the same as always, top 3-5 prizes will go to the usual suspects and anyone who doesn't blow thousands of tokens will be unlikely to win.

Lord Arogandor wrote:There is no need to crush your piggy bank, just to have the highest chances on winning.
I'm not trying to be a downer, but I disagree.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:07 am

Bonus isn't totaling correctly from feast.  We should have +7 from quota but are only getting +5.  Perhaps the +2 courses aren't coded as +2?

also, I've spent somewhere around 350 stamina, yet I only have 6 tickets, is each 10 stamina a chance for a ticket?

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by paedur on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:34 am

Same here, I spend 100 stamina so far and also have 6 tickets

paedur
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:55 pm

+ The 1,400 tickets has been set in the hope that people would start using their reserves of presents, pralines, potions,...
Nobody wants these things to expire, everybody keeps hoarding them endlessly for the perfect moment. I thought it would be an opportunity for Seekers to clear out their chest.

+ The Quota bonus is now correctly. The issue was caused because the 3rd Dish had actually vegetables included, yet that wasn't displayed on the Dish menu. Most towns didn't meet the invisible vegetable quota, which caused the issue. The vegetables are removed from the dish and the quota's should work correctly.

+ The missing tickets have been given to the Seekers and the issue has been resolved.

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Autumn Feast Prizes:

1st PrizeGrail Celebration Staff (or any other prize below)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?target=2121
2nd PrizeGrand Master Celebration Hood (or any other prize below)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?target=2123
3rd PrizeGrand Master Celebration Raiment (or any other prize below)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?target=2122
4th PrizeGrail Blood Moon Stabber (or any other prize below)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?target=741
5th PrizeAny Epic Equipment Grail Quality (or any other prize below, except for the Blood Moon Stabber)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=4
6th PrizeAny Epic Equipment Grand Master Quality (or any other prize below, except for the Blood Moon Stabber)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=4
7th PrizeAny Epic Equipment Master Quality (or any other prize below, except for the Blood Moon Stabber)https://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=4
8th PrizeAny Rare Equipment Grail Qualityhttps://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=3
9th PrizeAny Rare Equipment Grand Master Qualityhttps://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=3
10th PrizeAny Rare Equipment Master Qualityhttps://thegraillords.net/castle/info_equipment.php?rarity=3

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:19 am

It would appear the credit card warriors won this event regardless, so meh... Just something we have to accept, it appears.

Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I got little problem with aro getting paid. If people want to spend a bunch of money on his vacation fund during events, more power to him. It would be nice to have a skill and thought based event once in a while though that couldn't be bought. Tiresome having every event go to highest bidder no matter the planning and prep someone puts in year after year. Not saying they all need to be free of pay to win, just once in a while would be nice.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:53 pm

I'm a bit annoyed by this comments as they seem to be based on no actual data nor facts and contradicting.
But I respect you opinion and comfort myself that at least this event Seekers knew exactly what and how the prizes would be distributed.

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:59 pm

I stated an opinion about the structure of events. I don't know that I need to support my opinion with facts and figures. Sorry you're annoyed. I'm simply saying in over four years here I haven't seen a single event that spending money (be it gold or euros) didn't massively help you win except for valentine's, and that is monetized through gifts. Town blessing, stamina potions, extra egg hunts etc. Just would be very refreshing to see one event that didn't require pay in to be competitive. Keep in mind I do participate in events, I support you regularly with real money, and typically I'll save and spend multiple gold for events. Just saying something different than 1) spend money, 2) spend stamina, 3) get rewards --- would be refreshing once in a while. I wasn't trying to be hostile, I thought we were exchanging opinions here.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:06 am

Do you have any suggestion for such event?
I wouldn't mind adding a competitive event that doesn't require any spending. It's just a challenge finding a concept that fits those terms.

Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by framer on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am

The Grailympics fit that bill: very low stamina requirement and heavily skill based.

Maybe an event inspired by that? Could have a kind of tournament with 1 such event daily for a week and your ranking would be the total score of those 7 events. Can even separate players in age categories so everyone has a shot at something.

framer
Seeker

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next