What to do?

Go down

What to do?   Empty What to do?

Post by Thomas Carter on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 am

As a new player, I would like to ask: 

What to do when the stamina points run out for the day? 

As a new player, I can use my stamina points in less than 5 minutes.  Then, it seems like there is nothing for me to do till the next day's reset. Of course, I could read the numerous help files and wiki files; but I came here to play a game, and not (mostly) to study.

It seems like a well-thought-out game with interesting and enjoyable things to do.  I would like to do some more things.  But, as a new player, I can't seem to do much of anything after I quickly use my stamina points; and it's getting frustrating.  

Am I missing something in this game?

Thomas Carter
Seeker

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

What to do?   Empty Re: What to do?

Post by framer on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:43 pm

You can always entertain yourself (or others Razz) in the tavern, but you are correct in that you can do all your daily things in 15-30 minutes and be done for the day.

This is certainly different from many other browsergames with continuous regenerating resources, but it also means that there is no "powergaming" and you can keep up with other players even if real life is keeping you busy. For me it has been a big reason to keep playing for so long.

framer
Seeker

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:43 pm

TGL is often over in 5 minutes. It's just how the game works most days. And that is how I like it. Some days when you have quests or are traveling about, it can take longer. 

It is a long-term game for sure.

Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Carter on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Thank you, Framer and Helfdane!

Thomas Carter
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by AxineeHearth on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:15 am

I find that the planning of my actions and setting of goal is what I use most time on. The executiong can go very fast, like using 200 stamina on crafting a potion. That is what I LOVE with this game. Grinding several hours a day, or having endless timers ticking in the background, isn't my kind of game style. TGL also works with family life, work life etc.

There is some grinding to reach certain goals, but I try to mix it up and do various activities to make it more fun. Doing orders for others can be more fun than just making stuff for yourself. 

Going out on the road to kill monsters can be fun (when you get some skills and life points), and usually takes a bit of time - if you want more gameplay. Then there's black jack, goose game, tavern gossip..

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Carter on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Thank you, Axinee Hearth!

I am playing for 5-15 minutes; but I am thinking ahead during the day in order to maximize my next turn. I am enjoying it so far. :-)

Thomas Carter
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum