The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price for a new bed ?

4 posters

Go down

Price for a new bed ?  Empty Price for a new bed ?

Post by Thomas Carter Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 am

Hello !  I'm a new player, and I would like to ask a question:  

What is a reasonable price to offer for a new bed (either cheap or normal quality)?  

I want one for the stamina bonus.  I want to start saving for one now, so I can offer to buy one later.  

Also, how generally can stamina be increased and/or replenished?  

Thank you in advance for your replies. 

Thomas Carter

Thomas Carter
Seeker

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

Price for a new bed ?  Empty Re: Price for a new bed ?

Post by chicoviana Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

The fair price for a bed would be material cost plus working wage. For any quality 25 woods will be used, so an avarage material cost of 2.5s, plus 2000 units per quality, with a 0.3b wage that goes for another 6s per quality, so 8.5s and 14.5s for cheap and normal respectively.

As for stamina increase it goes slowly with learning, but that can be hasten with a journal. And for extra stamina within the day you can have praline, stamina potions and with luck 100 stamina voting.

Best regards and welcome,

Last edited by chicoviana on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'et cetera' isn't a good explanation.)
chicoviana
chicoviana
Seeker

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by framer Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Hey Thomas!

I think chico broke down the pricing for beds pretty well, as for how stamina can be increased or replenished:

The amount of stamina you receive at the reset increases by:
- having a bed (when in any town) or sleeping bag (when out of town) equipped at the reset. Higher grades give more stamina and are definitely worth the investment!
- having a positive mood: over 500 mood you have a chance of receiving 15 extra stamina, over 1000 mood this chance is 100%.
- your learning skill: each point of learning adds 1 stamina at the reset. Your learning skill automatically increases every day you have logged in and can be further increased by using a Journal (Tailor item).
- your honor: each point adds 1 stamina at the reset. Honor can be earned in events, through contests or as a special reward, but is very rare to receive.

Then there are some occasional bonuses like when a town wins the Grailympics or are under the effect of a Relic. 

Besides that you can eat pralines for a small, or drink stamina potions for a larger stamina boost, but both of those options are relatively (very) expensive and are best saved for special circumstances.

framer
Seeker

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Carter Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Thank you, Chico and Framer, for your informative replies and welcome !

Thomas Carter
Seeker

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Filbert Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:50 am

I would like to add an opinion, for the benefit (?) of any new players reading this.

A good bed (GM or Grail), makes such a difference to your first few months that it has to be your first priority. A journal is a good long-term investment, and other tools are useful; but you absolutely need a bed, and not one you can make yourself, either. Beg or borrow from town elders;pledge your credit for a month's labour; ask in the tavern what the prices are in other towns.
And enjoy the game. Very Happy

Filbert
Seeker

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down