The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kendrix's Amazing Journey To Where?

Go down

Kendrix's Amazing Journey To Where? Empty Kendrix's Amazing Journey To Where?

Post by Ceridwen Wed May 04, 2016 7:02 pm

The tall, dark, massively built man staggered off the ship, with some help from the sailors, although his vision was slightly squiffy and his directional location somewhat faulty. However, he did finally make it down the ramp to land, but what land? He gazed about him and shook his head, not that it cleared it, far from it. He wondered why he was not quite himself. He did not have a hangover from drink as he did not remember drinking anything. Nor had he been ill. The last he remembered was being on the battlefield among the wounded and fighting and then suddenly nothing till now. He searched in his pouch and found his water bottle and took a healthy drink, then slid down next to a tree. He needed to think but promptly fell asleep.

Some time later he awoke. It was dark and chill. He tried to remember why he was here and where here was. He had no idea, One thing was certain, he had to find a town or village and make some inquiries.
Heaving himself up he looked about and although it being dark there was enough frail light from the moon to allow him to see somewhat. He started to walk towards the South, maybe if he were lucky he may find a village. His head was clearing and his thoughs not so muddled by now, which was a good thing for in front of him, several spans away was a weird large spider, no, a huge spider."Where the heck did that come from", he thought. Whipping his sword from his scabbard he ran forward and sliced it's head off. He wiped the gooey blood from the spider off on the grass and decided it may be best to keep the sword in his hand, just in case there were more of these wierd spiders about. At least his armour would protect him from bites.

Keeping a very watchful eye open he continued on through the woods till he came across a small hut. he walked up to the door and knocked, then waited for someone to answer. A wee crone answered the door and looked up and up for what semed a long time. "My you are a big man. What can I do for you?"
"Goodwife I am lost and seek help." was his reply.
"Enter and then tell me your story young man." The crone opened her door wider and bade him in. The bemused man entered and looked about the dwelling, It was not exactly a bounteous place but was comfortable if untidy. Its furnishings consisted of table and two chairs, several rickety cupboards and an enormous pile of cushions. There were a variety of herbs hanging to dry and on the table at one end were many jars of goodness knew what. A mangy looking grey cat sat by the hearth definitely looking the worse for wear, with a battered, torn ear, no doubt from an unsuccessful fight with something.

"Sit you down and tell me your story while I make you a reviving tea." said the crone, busying herself with the kettle on the hob.
The man sat on one of the chairs after replacing his sword in its scabbard. He removed his helm and scratched his head, then placing the helm on the floor he took a deep breath to begin his story......

Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Kendrix's Amazing Journey To Where? Empty Re: Kendrix's Amazing Journey To Where?

Post by Ceridwen Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

" Give me one moment to gather my thoughts, Goodwife". He sat and thought back to where it all began. "Well, The last moment of my life in the world as I knew it was on the battlefield. Things were not going well. My comrades were nearly all killed except myself and one other who was seriously injured. I turned to fight off another enemy and suddenly everything went hazy then black. I believe I must have passed out as the next thing I remember I was on a ship, how I got there I have no idea. A sailor gave me something to drink and then I passed out again. When I recovered I was extremely dizzy and unsure of myself but I do remember they had docked somewhere and sent me off their ship. I remembered staggering down the ramp to land and tried shaking my head to clear it but without much success. Staggering somewhat, I came to the trees and lay down to sleep I must have slept as when I awoke it was night. Knowing that I needed shelter I decided to seek a village" He paused and shook his head wondering what land he was in and how he could return home.

The old woman brought himsome food and ale..Looking at him she could see he was still much shaken "I will give you a bed for tonight and breakfast in the morn as it is easy to see ye need to rest... in the morn if ye are more thyself I will guide ye to the nearest town of Camaar.
He thanked her and ate his meal then took a drink to ease his throat. "I will continue my story for you", Once I started walking it was plain to see that the terrain was unfamiliar to me.......more so as I had almost walked into the largest spider I have ever seen. It promptly attacked me but still having my sword I was able to kill it. 'twas obvious to me that this is no land I know of, so please tell me where I am."

The old woman who had been listening to his story carefully decided it were best he knew the truth. "you are on a different world young man, I am sorry to say I have no idea how you may return to thy own world, do not worry though as I will guide ye to the town of Camaar where they would happily help ye." The astonished young man looked at her in horror. "A different world!" He was very concerned at this news and wished he knew who had sent him here and why, he then realised he would never see his friends or brother again. His spirits fell.
The old woman got up from the table and went to make up a pallet for him, giving him a blanket for extra warmth. "Sleep young sir and tomorrow we will travel to town, there you should get some help." He walked over to the pallet and after removing his armour he lay down heavy hearted.He gave the old woman his goodnights he then turned on his side and hoped for sleep.
Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down