The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouch!!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ouch!! Empty Ouch!!

Post by anto_capone Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 am

Ok, I have some decent combat skills, and just got destroyed by this guy:

Adventurous Orc
      Ouch!! M_17
Level:13
Type:Greenskin
Life:200
Initiative:25
Hitting:50
Damage:15 - 25
Protection:10
Weakness:

Be Careful out there!! Razz

Nice addition!
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Ouch!! Empty Re: Ouch!!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 am

Ooh, Marche is going to love him. Not me though, I will run and hide I think, as a lowly level 6 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am

Too tough for me for now. I almost had him and I would have made it if he didn't get two attacks per round at times. If I had been lucky I would have only been able to afford one battle before having nearly no hp left anyway. I have some speed bonuses and protection, but I'll need to up my stats more to be able to take on this guy reliably. Better get those strength potions etc. Wink

That said, I did find a small bug due him Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm

If he is to hard, then I can lower his stats a little. But fighting an orc is supposed to be a challenge. A challenge that can be won...of course Wink
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I think he is very hard, but that is why I like him.

Please leave him way he is, I do imagine you gain a lot of experience to kill him though. Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Does he give appropriate exp/rewards for how tough he is, or is he like the raging bull; not worth fighting?
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 am

This orc is more fearsome than a guard, for sure. With the guards you have a chance to win if you're very lucky, you being able hit with all of your attacks and the guard missing a few attacks, but this orc has the health to make winning much more unlikely.

I'd like to see if anyone can beat this monster, I can probably deal some of the highest damage and had no chance with it. I would say its health should be 150 or so and the damage should be lowered to 10-15, I think that would still be quite a strong enemy. I'm not sure if the hitting and initiative should be lowered, but possibly the protection too?

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 am

I don't think it should be changed. There needs to be some fearsome monsters.

I can critical hit for nearly 60, meaning 4 lucky crits and I can kill the orc. I am glad to see something more difficult in the game.

Everything else I destroy fairly easily.

I have not tried to fight this guy with a mercenary and free company soldier yet either...
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:54 pm

I can critical hit for nearly 60, meaning 4 lucky crits and I can kill
the orc. I am glad to see something more difficult in the game.

Maybe I'm not, can only critical for around 40. But, you'd have to be very lucky, you could probably only survive 8 or 9 rounds.

I think I had both mercs at least one of the times I fought him, but I did not get lucky at all either time Razz

We should definitely have strong foes, but make the strength of the enemy based on its level. So simply the orc's level should be raised if its stats are not going to be lowered. We also should have a little bit more progressively stronger group of enemies, to offer a little more exp and challenge. What I would do is maybe lower the adventurous orc's stats to something like I said before, and make a new enemy "tough orc" or something, with stats similar to this orc's. Also it'd be cool if you could only come into contact with tough orcs in mountain areas, or the far north, ect.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 am

Yes, I agree.

The adventurous orc stats should stay the same, I can't wait to fight him now that I finish the quest (not going to spoil the quest); but he should probably be about level 16 I think. Keep his stats the same, is awesome to see an enemy that brings some fear to people.

And yes, it would be great to meet some scaled enemies, or 'boss' enemies; which can be 2-3X as powerful as a normal one.

So a 'boss' bambi might even give some problems. Razz

Captains, chiefs, bosses.. Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 am

I'm glad to see that the Orc has brought some excitement, still dont want to meet him myself, but seems that the guys are really loving the battles Aro, so Im not sure if foes was supposed to be just a sideline or something, but if it is, perhaps make it more than that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 am

Just like producing food, making tools,... fighting is a complete worthy chapter. In the Realm it was meant to be that fighting is part of life, however the Seeker decides how big that part is, full time fighter, part time fighter, or just a tavern brawler Wink
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 am

And I like the fact that you as 'player' will not always be the strong one and you will have to consider if it's a good deal fighting that foe. Only if you have someone stronger then you, you will have fun evolving and finding ways to beat them. Using potions, weapons, armor, merc's, horses, luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Normal monsters should not be stronger than players because the player has to fight numerous more battles before reaching his travel destination, his health doesn't go back up. Now, if monsters levels were made to be regional to the map then we could have challenging foes. So maybe the roads could be made safer by only having enemies 5 levels lower than the player, the mountains could have orcs, and perhaps rarely you could encounter a very powerful enemy when traveling to the mines. The combat and possibly travel will be updated in the near future so there's not much reason to make many changes right now.

The orc is very strong and is only level 13, for me it would probably give around 150-200 exp. The bandit, which is very easy to kill, is level 12 (maybe 11) and gives something like 120 exp. The orc's level should definitely be raised if the stats are left the same. It'll be encountered more rarely and give more exp like it should.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 pm

I agree. Something as difficult as the orc should have likewise rewards. Perhaps even give you a follow for the next day's reset: A "Fan" follower for your deeds for 1 day.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Haha, he got me again. Love it. Smile

Why can't I drink a potion while in hospital? Or battle, even? Wink

08th of Dec 2012 08:24 :You have been defeated by a Adventurous Orc! You have lost all your life-points, your remaining stamina and 96 Bronze.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Problem is that Combat Level is not the only thing that determines how good you are in a fight: It's also other stats like Protection, Speed etc. Hence as you go higher, the disparity should get potentially bigger between those that work on other relevant skills and those that don't, making it harder to balance Monsters purely based on Combat Level. Getting more landtype/area-specific Monsters instead of Combat-Level specific would be very interesting as well, though needs to be thought out, and I guess would make more sense. It would make fighting harder to do as you cant just stick to the roads any more, but non-fighters will have no problem. But at the moment I'm just encountering mostly Adventurous Orcs, and even if I get very lucky, I could only manage one fight against him before being near to 0 hp. This is a mob you can take on once (once I have the stats to do so), not all the time.

I asked Aro as well, but he said you were never meant to be able to drink your own potions while in the Hospital. I tried to reason with him Wink, but he said you had to depend on other Seekers to feed you potions or treat your wounds. That's where a good Regeneration Skill comes in handy though. I was out of the Hospital in a day or so due quick regeneration and some help from other Seekers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Is speed a stat directly used, like hitting, initiative, and protection? Or does it just affect initiative or another combat stat?

I asked Aro as well, but he said you were never meant to be able to
drink your own potions while in the Hospital. I tried to reason with him
Wink,
but he said you had to depend on other Seekers to feed you potions or
treat your wounds. That's where a good Regeneration Skill comes in handy
though. I was out of the Hospital in a day or so due quick regeneration
and some help from other Seekers.

This has always been the case, only very recently, when the outside camp was redone, could you use potions while in the hospital. It sucks being in the hospital since you only get 50 stamina, I'll usually try to give active people potions, but there's been pretty much none up on the market and I've used all mine recently thanks to the guard and orc.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

I believe it affects Initiative indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Hospital should gain an update by the end of this week (or earlier if possible).

As for the combat...a complete mess would describe it pretty good ^^
I'll try to balance the Orc (s) a little more tomorrow, giving it a hard but fair fight.

As for the lack of healing potions, that can be solved if more people would make a living as herbalist and/or alchemist Wink
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 pm

I think the local alchemists may be busy with other orders or doing the quest right now Razz

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

The Orc has been modified.
I hope this gives a fair fight for both Smile

Keep me informed!
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm

I look forward to stomping his arse.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Just encountered him. He took 50 health off me in no time, and still had 120 left. I'll be retreating from now on.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 am

Encountered him, sadly I crashed while I was writing my post so I lost the battle report to check how it went, but here is what I remember:

Adventurous Orc
      Ouch!! M_17
Level:13
Type:Greenskin
Life:150 (-50)

Initiative:20 (-5)

Hitting:40 (-10)

Damage:15 - 20 (0 - -5)

Protection:10 (0)

Weakness:

Brackets are my own and indicate the change. I'm not 100% on Hitting. It made a great difference for me as I managed to actually beat it. I lost 33 hp over it, but I did hire the Mercenary to help me out (Which makes a great difference, probably would have a lot less hp else as each hit can easily take 15 hp off me). Did get a bit lucky with dodging and getting hits in for that as well. For me personally, the Orc is now a good tough challenge, it appears, though I'm still going to need to up my stats a bit (That's not a bad thing).

I got 127 experience from him, and I also managed to scavenge 7 bronze from his pockets! Yay for loot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum