The Town Library

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Town Library

Post by Cougar on Mon May 13, 2013 7:25 pm

It's a long term investment. You earn the money back for the books over months or years.
It's almost like you just opened up a new store, and are charging 100 dollars for dime store stuff because you want to be in the black next week, but you just end up in bankrupty court instead.

Cougar
Seeker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oc-Tabin on Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 am

Do the test is my suggestion... Keep it a month at 50 bronze...another month at 1 silver and another month at 2 silver. (and communicate about it)

Do the math afterwards and you know what is the most profitable price.

Yet... boosting your citizens skills, will come to the benefit of the town. So instead of making the library a profit-shop, it may also be considered as an 'investment' in your community.

Oc-Tabin
Seeker

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Thu May 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Yeah this is getting a little ridiculous, JP, if you're expecting passes to pay for new book, I'm sure everyone who uses the library would much rather you not buy those other books and charge a half-way decent price for passes.

And like Oc-Tabin said, it is an investment in your citizens. The town is meant to serve the people by upgrading fields, buying books, and breeding animals, they do it with taxes from the people and profit made off the people. If you're grossly overcharging or overtaxing in a way that isn't mutually beneficial with your citizens, you're going to lose loyalty, and that's worth more than what any book or upgrade costs.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

The town is making nothing off passes right now I imagine. Even 50 bronze will add up over time.

Towns should not be run like for profit corporations imo. Towns are only there to serve the citizens, not the other way around..
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Okay so now that I've gotten back to town it looks like the price has been dropped back down to 2 silver.

I still think this is way too high, since then there've been a couple passes sold, but not as there should be. If you lowered the price to 50 b more people will buy passes every 10 days. Whereas 2 people buying passes for 2 silver makes the town 4 silver, there might easily be 8 people who would buy passes for 50 b, also making the town 4 silver, but the town would be providing books to a lot more of its people.

It's like if you decided to tax fields produce, but you taxed like 50%, you'll get very few people to keep farming, and end up with less produce than you would with a small tax.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by JpRagavan on Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Let's test it out with 75B study

JpRagavan
Seeker

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Fri May 24, 2013 9:07 pm

75 bronze!

see, i will buy a pass for 75b and im not sure i'll even get a chance to use it.

its nice to use for leftover stamina Smile
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 pm

sweet! it stacks too!

so now i have a library pass for 30 days!

thanks JP! Smile
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Shocked It stacks?!

But yeah 75 b is way better, thanks!

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks Aridoto for your contribution of 30 silver towards the town library!

Just for a news update, there are two more books we can buy (Riddles of the Ancient World and Meodor the Merchant).  They each cost 2 gold.  The town could feasibly afford one, but that would leave us with very little operating cash, and we do need some operating cash (the town automatically buys bread from citizens, and we need money for things like field and eventually structure updates).  So if you like to read, please consider donating toward the library!  There is still wool for sale for 10 silver each!
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneJill on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks Airy for your donation of 20 silver!
ArcaneJill
Seeker

Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top