A New Market Era!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Market Era!

Post by Lord Arogandor on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:29 am

Dear Seekers,

Most will agree that the economy we have now isn't exactly one we are very proud on! The town market is one of the keystones of the current economy and as time has proven, many of us dream from another way of trading!

I -in my endless wisdom- decided to change the market once again!

Here you find in short words how the new market will look. Feel free to add your comment, critique, suggestions or thoughts.

- The town market gets removed and players can trade resources, herbs, food ingredients,... which each other.
- The town will be able to buy & sell just like normal players.
- The trade licences get removed, but in exchange the towns will be able to put a tax on sold goods.
- The tax might be different for citizens and town visitors.
- The tax can vary between 0% & 30%.
- The town can change the tax rate once a week.
- The tax money is cumulative (it doesn't get payed automatic, but comes on a bill the seeker has to pay once in a while).
- town visitors have to pay their tax when they leave the town (or try to skip ingame *).
- Visitors who didn't pay, have to disguise to enter the town. *
- Citizen of the town pay once a month or not. *
- Town can check who payed and who didn't, ingame. Will cost energy for the town. *
- Bad payers can get into jail. *
- Towns can keep their stock like there is now.
- The prices a player can ask has no minimum or maximum limit, but an advised price will be given, based on what is currently on sale at that market.

* The tax on goods is an entire new chapter.
The taxes won't be payed automatic, but the player itself will pay them whenever they feel ready (with a maximum of 30 days).
Towns will be able to do investigations to those who don't pay, this will cost the town money and energy.
Skilled fraudulent players might be able to remain unseen with their taxes.
Players who get caught will go to the jail.
Players from other towns, caught on fraud, will have to enter that town with a disguise for a period of time.

With this new market, players will have more freedom to sell and buy goods quickly. Money will float into pockets faster. We also will see more quickly what items are overproduced and which can get a little extra boost.
Also the towns will profit, they are less vulnerable to merchant attacks & can protect their own market better, because they will be able to buy just like a normal player.

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Market Era!

Post by anto_capone on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 am

I like it all really.

Just wonder, what happens if someone goes to jail? How do they get out? Labor for the town or something?
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am

Jailed persons won't be able to do anything at all, except for trying to escape of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by aridoto on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:23 am

I think this is a very good idea. Like it, like it!
*Aridoto is curious to see how things will evolve* cheers Arrow

aridoto
Town Leader of Camaar

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Klop on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 am

Looks good!

Will the town finally be able to buy in tools and stuff like that?

One of the biggest problems in the game atm is the rediculous prices that are put for tools and equip in the private market. If a player is able to sell to the town for a 'fixed price', calculated from the base cost of the resources and the spent 'points' (not stamina, since stamina gives more points at higher skillevel). The town can then sell the tools and equips with a bonus (%).
Result: the corrupted private market will soon be dead or the players corrupting it atm will have their prices lowered to a realistic level... (=> more controll over the economy, more controll over the game)
Downpoint: town inventroy gets stuffed with crappy tools and equip unless the town inventory is monitored actively and a maximum inventory space is set

My 2 cents,

Rob
Rob Klop
Seeker

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 am

The Town will be like a normal Seeker. Towns will be able to buy & sell goods, resources, tools,...
The prices of the tools and such still can be chosen by the seller itself and not by the town (although a town can say at what prize they buy certain things).

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Looks good Smile

I think taking off the 30% tax limit would be better, though. It should be up to the town to decide any taxes. I also have mixed feelings on making taxes cumulative, it doesn't quite make sense to pay after you bought an item.

But I am curious, is it a sales tax or a selling tax?? I'd expect it to be a sales tax, but then I think it should be automatic for sure.

Now for my prison suggestions... (the numbers I use are just off the top of my head, I didn't think them through much)

1. Town can hire guards (requires 100 stamina for the guard)
2. The town must pay 20 bronze daily for each person in the jail
3. The town can send anyone to jail for any reason 2 silver costs in aprehending the criminal.
4. Prisoners can either revolt or try to escape (revolting is based off number of prisoners revolting vs number of guards) (escaping based off disguising skill and number of guards)

What do you think?

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

This looks promising Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 pm

This severely alters the economic module of the game, but this new one may be less of a drain when it's below optimal balance, as games reliant on players to balance fall >.>

However, the reason for cumulative is likely to add an interesting RP area to game-tax evasion. As can plainly be seen, tax evasion is hard coded with this, and has consequences. What good merchant would willingly pay taxes! Or not at least try to bribe the guards for a smaller amount to "forget" his tax account Razz

Or the occasional corrupt fallen noble(Not Keliha >.>) who is greedy *nods* Razz The guy knows who he is(Even if he's inactive).

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nogwa on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:10 am

Straight from the hot and sunny beaches of the Greek isles...

- The town market gets removed and players can trade resources, herbs, food ingredients,... which each other.

The main reason we implemented only town trade for resources, was to avoid cheating. You have a better solution now?

- The town will be able to buy & sell just like normal players.

GOOD

- The trade licences get removed, but in exchange the towns will be able to put a tax on sold goods.

Here goes my plan to get good reputation at the monastary lol, i bought those licenses to pump up my rep. But okay idea so far

- The tax might be different for citizens and town visitors.

GOOD

- The tax can vary between 0% & 30%.

Good to start with, but once the cities have become clans-based towns, I would drop the limit or raise it higher.

- The town can change the tax rate once a week.

GOOD

- The tax money is cumulative (it doesn't get payed automatic, but comes on a bill the seeker has to pay once in a while).

Ah, my good liege is thinking of the dark side here. Avoiding taxes may become a sport

- town visitors have to pay their tax when they leave the town (or try to skip ingame *).
- Visitors who didn't pay, have to disguise to enter the town. *
- Citizen of the town pay once a month or not. *

- Town can check who payed and who didn't, ingame. Will cost energy for the town. *

energy? effort? gold?

- Bad payers can get into jail. *

GOOD

I am typing on a qwerty board here in Greece, so it is hard to get my lines out fluently. But I think the adjustment is an improvement to the game. It opens up not only new trade options, but also the first steps of criminal way of life in this world, two thumbs up
Nogwa
Seeker

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:50 am

I'm happy to see so many positive reactions!

- The maximum cap for the tax can be dropped easily, it is just there to protect the players.

- It is the seller who will get the taxation, of course a smart trader will take this in consideration and make sure the buyer pays the tax to him/her first.

- Taxes are not only cumulative for the game aspect, it also has a logical reason. Imaging to sell Iron Ore for 2 bronze. with a tax of 10%.
If I buy one, the tax should be OR 0 or 1, both are great ways to cheat for persons with a lot of time.

- Trade licences will be removed, but paying your taxes sure will increase your reputation in the town.

- Working out the entire jail/prison will be discussed after the new market is online. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Airy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 am

Hmmm....with the cumulation of the tax at the end of the month, and the ability of the towns to change the taxes up or down every week. Have you coded it so that items sold each week on different tax % will remain the same?

If so, then....

I have a lot of respect for Anto's opinion, as he's been a very good town leader..so if he says yes..Im going to make it easy on myself and say, yaaaay too. Razz and thank everything that I hadnt progressed much on my economic break down of this world. Razz That would have been annoying.

Forum Admin: Hi Guest, if you need anything be sure to Contact me or Post it here.
Found a Bug? Contact Arogandor or Post it here
Airy
Community Manager

Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

hmm not sure what to think on this. A pity the very town-concentrated market disappears with the Town becoming more of an equal player instead of the regulator. But maybe this will improves things. We'll have to see Smile
Marche
Airy's Knight of Good Deeds!

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Hmmm....with the cumulation of the tax at the end of the month, and the
ability of the towns to change the taxes up or down every week. Have you
coded it so that items sold each week on different tax % will remain
the same?

The tax goes on the bill the moment the goods get sold.
For example, the tax is 10% and you sold goods for 1 silver. You will receive 1 silver but your tax bill will increase with 10 bronze right away.

If the taxes change, the amount of money on the bill will not be influenced by this.

hmm not sure what to think on this. A pity the very town-concentrated
market disappears with the Town becoming more of an equal player instead
of the regulator. But maybe this will improves things. We'll have to
see Smile

It is a little pity indeed, but the benefits we might have will be huge!
More secure towns, more variable prices & a quicker view on overproduction or chronical shortages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorious on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:01 pm

It looks wonderful milord.

Curtsies to the big Lord like her mother taught her.
Victorious
Seeker

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Airy on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 am

Cool, and it will be interesting. Smile Thanks for all the work that you do.

Forum Admin: Hi Guest, if you need anything be sure to Contact me or Post it here.
Airy
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by karel on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:59 pm

my comment is really that the value of the money will go down because the pay for the basic recourses goes up, these people get more money but they gonna be buy less with the same amount of money

karel
Seeker

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

karel wrote:my comment is really that the value of the money will go down because the pay for the basic recourses goes up, these people get more money but they gonna be buy less with the same amount of money

A good point, but not sure if this will be entirely the case; as the town will still act as a 'regulator' because the town has the most buying power. Smile
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by karel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 am

indeed , but if we have some people who don't understand the ways of the market we gonna have people with loads of money in a town but in that town the money is worth nothing like if a city buys to much of an item the price will go up very much and if they buy to few the price will fall to much

karel
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by karel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 am

i know i sound a bit confusing sometimes ;p

karel
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:34 pm

*new Market system added!*

Back to top Go down

Post by aridoto on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers

I am very happy with the new market and also very curious to see how things will evolve. I like it, like it, like it!

aridoto
Town Leader of Camaar

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Airy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 am

Ohhh...congrats Aro, thanks for all the hard work trying to change things!

Airy
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Nogwa on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:37 pm

didn't have time to test it good yet, but i will soon Wink
Nogwa
Seeker

Number of posts : 351