Call for Craftsmen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Call for Craftsmen

Post by robert on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am

I feel like Spero is missing some craftsman. We have blacksmiths, me dedicated to it and a few with an item or 2 up, but we don't have a dedicated carpenter, since anto does a lot of everything. I would like to see one out there so i could make more orders for craftsman tools without just bothering the busy busy anto. Also don't see a single Tailor or dedicated Alchemist. We have Apo making health potions when he can and Zea has a few fishing potions, but where are the rest of the potions?

So, if you are out there and skilled or want to be skilled in one of these areas... Contact me in case i have work for you! And if you have the materials and skills I would think it a smart move to place maybe 1 of every useful gadget your area can make on the market, just so they exist.

Kind of a mix between my recent thoughts about how lacking we are in some of these areas and my call to arms for a carpenter I can contact to supply me with things when i need them... I think some people don't make tools because they are afraid no one will buy them, so i'm offering to be the person that orders them so you know they will be sold.

your thoughts?

Last edited by robert on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I called tailor Clothier the first time)
robert
Seeker

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Call for Craftsmen

Post by anto_capone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Well, I postponed my next fishing trip for now and bought some chickens, so I'll be around for any carpentry needs for the next couple weeks or so.

Let me know Smile
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bracken on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm working on tailor/clothier but it's slow, of course.

Bracken
Seeker

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 pm

anto_capone wrote:Well, I postponed my next fishing trip for now and bought some chickens, so I'll be around for any carpentry needs for the next couple weeks or so.

Let me know Smile

I will do... I do want things pretty randomly though, like halfway through making something i realize i'm going to want something for a different project like a week down the road... oh well

I'll probably be looking for a few more normal shafts sometime though... if you want to put them up I'm pretty sure i'll buy them at some point... lol.

And Bracken is going to begin on making a Blanket for me which is very nice Smile
And yah, they are all slow starts, but you won't have much/any competition... and when you are making Expert blankets and such i'll bet you are raking in dough Wink
robert
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by apoclypze on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:04 am

Ive been working on the potions and trying to sell them for cheap so the miners and such can buy them without costing to much. As of right now everyday the potions are bought right after I put them up for sale.

My Alchemy skill is at 27.448 as of right now and im trying to get to the next skill level but will probably have to head back to the woods to get more berries at the beginning of next week seeing as I only have 25 berries left.

If there is a specific potion someone needs just message me and ill see what I can do. Smile

apoclypze
Seeker

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 pm

I can make normal for blacksmithing, but I have been mainly concentrating on mining/smelting and just selling the iron.
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

http://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:30 pm

I've been using my iron, I got 25 blacksmith which means i'll be pumping out goods pretty fast and will be keeping a good amount of stuff available from now on i hope Smile
robert
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Sadly, if I were to guess, I'd have to say that there is less demand for craftsmen at the moment, especially blacksmiths. Basic resources like wood and iron are needed more atm. But, unless Camaar has changed their buying price for wood, then I'd have to say that Spero doesn't have a competitive price for it and most likely won't be able to purchase it off lumberers.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm

I think Town Loyalty seems to supercede profits for most people in this game. People who live in spero will cut wood and bring it to spero most of the time.
robert
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by apoclypze on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:59 pm

I would cut wood and bring it to Spero if I could purchase a axe Smile

That is if potions werent needed Smile

apoclypze
Seeker

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bracken on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 am

I don't know about raking in the profits either. Pretty much all the clothier goods are items, not tools, so it would be very easy to saturate the market by accident. Sad

Bracken
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 am

Axel Ackland wrote:Sadly, if I were to guess, I'd have to say that there is less demand for craftsmen at the moment, especially blacksmiths. Basic resources like wood and iron are needed more atm. But, unless Camaar has changed their buying price for wood, then I'd have to say that Spero doesn't have a competitive price for it and most likely won't be able to purchase it off lumberers.

Hmm, last time I went wood chopping, with my very low skill I made a lot of money at the current prices. I make way less money going fishing even though I have a fishing skill over 60...

Life's not fair Razz
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Bracken wrote:I don't know about raking in the profits either. Pretty much all the clothier goods are items, not tools, so it would be very easy to saturate the market by accident. Sad

Just make one of each and if it sells you can make a new one. Then you invest whatever ends up just sitting there, but it shouldn't be loads because it's only one of each. Then you should be ok, just takes a decent investment and the hope that people will buy them when they are there. I think if I hadn't gone to blacksmithing I'd be doing Clothier right now. I don't think people tend to order things like blankets that are nice but not a necessity, they just buy them if they them at a reasonable price.
robert
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bracken on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Good idea.

I'll probably keep 3 out 4 clothier items on the market if I can.

The 4th is Full barding and it takes more materials than I can afford right now. (50 Leather Squares and a Horse Champron)

Bracken
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Bracken wrote:Good idea.

I'll probably keep 3 out 4 clothier items on the market if I can.

The 4th is Full barding and it takes more materials than I can afford right now. (50 Leather Squares and a Horse Champron)

Not to mention it isn't activated and therefore doesn't do ANYTHING yet Wink

but the other three can all be used and probably wanted by someone, and when your skill gets up you can start replacing them with normal etc... And when you make a Grail blanket I might want that too Wink lol
robert
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Who is our local Chef? The Bistro is near empty. If you can make something simple like hard boiled eggs that are reasonably priced I'd buy them.
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

http://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nogwa on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 am

I know Oc-Tabin is a good cook and he's currently in Spero...

But I talked to him and he's only there to heal wounded and study medicine.

You can try your luck if you order some menu's maybe.
Nogwa
Seeker

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Douhugal on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:26 am

I am going to be a woodcutter / carpenter. I have 2 chickens, but those are mostly for my own use. And I just started so my carpeting is rather non-existent.
Douhugal
Seeker

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm

I have a good cooking skill, but little material to cook with. All there has been on the market is potatoes and veggies.
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Airy on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

I just managed to get to level 2 in herbalism, Im not sure what that does, buy my skill is up to 44 now. I left town with 52 bread, 29 days ago. I am down to 23. I have lots of herbs to return to town with. Ive hit on a way to gather on average 30 a day and be able to score quite a few exceptional herbs too. But I want to go and spend a couple of days mining coal, a couple of days gathering wood and I need to stop by the lake to pick up some sea petals and fish.

I figure after that though, we'll be flooded with potions and I can be theTown Alchemist or one of them. Although Ive been gone so long it seems that the markets gone and changed on me since last I was home. ^ ^ Im looking forward to seeing what those are, because like Anto said in another thread, I never was able to sell any goods to the town, and I had iron bars Id brought back from my long term mining expedition on my last trip, that I managed to get onto the market for people only every now and then.

Hopefully I can sell a few more to ppl now, since they were always lacking on the market. Anyone got an idea of what I should price my potions at? and what are the most needed? Im not tracking expenses, so I'll just put up what others have been doing, I make enough to eat each day etc.

Last edited by Airy on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Admin: Hi Guest, if you need anything be sure to Contact me or Post it here.
Found a Bug? Contact Arogandor or Post it here
Airy
Community Manager

Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 pm

I can make 3 ingredient meals. Only veggies and potatoes are constantly on the market. I get meat and cheese through my own supplies, as well as eggs. Right now I have eggs only.

If you would like 2 or 3 ingredients meal, message me to see if I have enough ingredients and we can agree on a price.

For veggies and potatoes I can agree to take only a 4 bronze profit to help the market.

The reason I'm not making meals and adding them to the market has been that I'm not sure if anyone will buy them, since multiple ingredient meals tend to get expensive as well as I don't want to 'waste' stamina.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top