The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Ranch

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Town Ranch - Page 2 Empty Re: Town Ranch

Post by Keliha Greyson Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Caretaking? Raising? Pen/Stocks Management?

If we assume that they're all born the old fashion way, can we assume the towns buy young ones from county farms that must be acquired, raised(Fed, brushed, etc), cleaned, and other bits before sold? Or should I start a suggestion forum discussion for this rather than prowling?

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 pm

I would simply prefer it if every player purchased a young animal from the town, then spent the stamina (or hired an NPC) to raise the animal themselves to maturity. Of course, the cost of the animal should be decreased somewhat if you're buying a young animal.

With the current system, it rewards the person who happens to get the last stretch of the breeding process, and screws the guy who spent stamina to get the bulk of the breeding process complete.

If everyone bought their own young animal to be raised from the town, this issue would be gone.
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:21 pm

you get paid - I've being "making" chickens everyday lately - its the best pay for stamina used I can get at the moment Twisted Evil

Last edited by Zealandia_Knight on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Animal Available In Production Currently in use
Chickens 27 0 24

Cows 0 11 15

Horses 1 0

Pigs 0 12

Sheeps 0 15 1

anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:26 am

Animal Available In Production Currently in use
Chickens 38 0 16

Cows 7 16 16

Horses 1 0

Pigs 0 20 1

Sheeps 1 12 1

anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Filbert Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:36 pm

As part of the attempt (encouraged by Freya) to make the town forum more relevant, some details on the Town Ranch.

As of the 6th June, you ranchers are keeping a total of 150 chickens, 63 cows, 5 horses (this only counts partly-trained, not actual Warhorses), 33 pigs and 14 sheep. These numbers fluctuate, but not much; pig numbers are down after the recent changes.

Animal prices are set to give the town a small profit after paying (currently) 1b/unit to breed. As Ranchlord (thanks for the new title Wailer) I try to keep the number of each type available close to 25 (the number above which inbreeding kicks in); the more you buy the more jobs will be available.

Don't forget the town has a subsidy programme to provide wood and nails for new animal pens; contact the Governor if you wish to expand your ranch or if you want to help fellow-citizens.

The Animal market is not often useful, but if somebody from another town wants to buy an animal and you have an empty slot, you can buy something and put it in the market at a markup; when bought it is transported (by post, I like to think) to the buyer's ranch.

Feel free to contact me or any councillor with questions.

Filbert
Seeker

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2