The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso

Go down

Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso Empty Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Sitting in the tavern one fine summer evening speaking with some friends, talk came around of how many of them came to Hraborst. The sense of adventure for some, Being born and Raised there for another. One lovely young lady had lost her memories and could not recall how she came to this place. He had nodded, smiled and sipped his beer throughout the tales. Suddenly, one of his companions directed the question to him.

Sighing, he took another sip and looked at his companions. He had not known many of them for long, but he trusted them. Nodding, he began...

Well, I am most certainly not of the locals here. My home was in the Kingdom of Torino, and my family and I lived on the coast of the sea. My father was a wealthy merchant and being on the coast we saw many amazing things come in and out. As we were wealthy, my siblings and I were all educated. My father would often bring me with him to his offices, teaching me how to trade and negotiate and the different ways the people of the world communicated. Alas, I was not the firstborn and so my brother was to be the heir to my father's wealth. I believe this is why my father spent as much of his time with me as he did. To give me the wisdom to know how to make my own way in the world. As it happened, he also arranged for me to enter the military. Even though we were not nobility, my father's wealth allowed him to make an arrangement and get me a post as a Lieutenant, to learn how to be a military man.

The night before I was to leave for the city of Turin, we had a feast and I was asked by my brother to help bring in some more wine. The next thing I remembered, I was bound, unable to move, on a ship of some kind. I had a smelly sack over my head, and my head throbbed painfully from where I had been struck. I must have bumped something or someone, because I was struck again.

The next time I recall waking, I was unbound and sitting inside of a closet. Upon opening the closet, I found myself here, in the midst of winter. I have no idea why my kidnappers simply left me, perhaps they thought that I was my brother and wanted a ransom. I do not know still. I have not met anyone who has been able to answer that question for me. But as I am here, and other than a life in the military, I have not seen any reason to pursue going back as yet. The only thing I would wish is to send my family a letter informing them of what had happened. But the only people I have met either live here in town or are local hermits in the nearby land. Someday, I may return to my family's villa. But for now, I will make a go of it in this land. Perhaps my father's acumen will show itself and I can become as wealthy as he did.

He smiled sadly and went back to his beer. He did not know many things still, but the only thing he really wanted to know was why him? Maybe he would find someone who could answer that question... someday.

Back to top Go down

Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso Empty Re: Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 am

Morwen sat at another table overhearing the traveller. His accent was difficult to understand but she got the gist of it. It sounded like a tale told to impress the girls, but maybe it was true. Who knows? Her own tale was much more mundane so she kept it to herself and merely studied the bubbles in her cider and thought of the cwms and valleys of her home.

Back to top Go down

Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso Empty Re: Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

TheRebel also listend to DiLasso's story and a sad memories of his past came up and he bought DiLasso a beer en sayed forget the past and focus on future and he drunk his beer and disappeared into the night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 am

Looking up after the man offering him another beer, he nodded after hearing the words.

And that is hopefully the truth of things. My father had told me once how he had started with almost nothing. He was one of the more wealthy merchants when I last saw him. Wealthy enough to command respect from all but the most noble of families. It is his ideal that I aspire to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Morwen nods, and speaks aloud, not realising that she does so.

A true success, it is, to be something from nothing. Any idiot can be a noble's son.

Back to top Go down

Kidnapped! The Tale of Ormando DiLasso Empty re subject

Post by Ceridwen Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Ceridwen listens to DiLasso's tale. and is amazed by it. The man had certainly had a raw deal, as she knows what the feeling is like, to not know the why's.
She hopes that one day he will find the truth of his why, but is pleased it hasn't made him bitter.
Ceridwen
Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down