The Quest of Ceridwen

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Quest of Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Ceridwen looked at her friend and felt disappointed but truly it was just a hope the guard may know something. She hadn't really expected much.
As to the man in her memory flash. She told DiLasso, "No, I had no name or anything like that but I know him. Somehow I am convinced of it. Who he is, I don't know but I do sense he is an enemy."
She brought the memory to mind and felt again the intense fear of this man. Suddenly she saw something she had missed. A scar ran down the side of his face on the right. It looked as if it had been done by a knife or sword. He was tall and thin with dark but bedraggled quite thin hair,
The scene jumped to another scene, she could see him tying a rope around her hands and she was crying. As she watched the scene unfold, she could see other men in the background. Very rough looking men with horses. She felt him pick her up and throw her across a horse, then the men galloped off with her across the fields. In the distance she could see mountains and she knew she was in terrible danger.The scene then disappeared.
She looked across at DiLasso after recounting the scene while while it was unfolding. Suddenly grey-faced and trembling she fainted.

Ceridwen
Seeker

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Moving quickly, he caught her before she could fall from her chair. Taking her into his arms, he made sure that he had her belongings and proceeded to carry her to her home. He walked carefully, and kept his eyes open for all possibilities. Staying to the middle of the wider streets, he was wary of anyone he did not know as he finally got her to her home.

Carefully removing her key from her purse, he listened at the door, before unlocking and entering the domicile, He stepped into her room and gently laid her on her bed and went to get a damp cloth to place on her head. Checking the doors and windows, he went back to her with the cloth, placing it on her head and watched and waited for her to revive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am

Ceridwen, shakily and hazily gazed about her, then saw DiLasso. He seemed to be watching her worriedly. "I fainted!", she said flatly. Slowly the memory came back and she paled.
"The man in my memory, he kidnapped me. He is my father's enemy. I have no idea why he did that, and at the moment have no recall of what his name is. I keep feeling he is very dangerous but have no idea why." she told him. "My real home is in the mountains I saw in my memory, but I wish I knew what country."
She swung her legs off the bed and went into the kitchen to make some tea. At that moment it was what she needed.
Turning, she called to DiLasso to come into the sitting room and then she sat on a chair, thinking about the memory and wondered if it had anything to do with the attacks on her. She was sure it did. What she didn't know was why.
She told DiLasso what was on her mind and asked him if he believed the same. Something very odd was going on. She looked at him hoping he could make it all go away but she knew that was not going to happen. She got up and poured out the teas and took them both to the small table by their chairs and sat back down.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm

He listened to her intently. The mere mention of the word "kidnap" set his bones on edge. He nodded when she asked whether he agreed with her assessment. He also had a difficulty in determining why she would be attacked. A kidnapper would usually just ransom the victim or sell them into slavery or merely dump them off, as he had been done. He smiled at her as they drank their tea. He wanted desperately to take her away from this living nightmare she was suffering. He had little idea how though, or where to go even. No one they knew had been able to provide a good map of their part of the world. He sighed dejectedly, trying to make some sense of the situation at hand. There was only 1 thing he could do though, to ensure her safety...

My Lady, forgive my boldness, but I fear that leaving you alone here is not safe. If you will allow me, I would like to sleep here, in the sitting room, mind, to ensure that they do not attempt to strike in the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Ceridwen looked at Dilasso and saw he was serious, so knowing she had already been in danger she told him,"Yes, of course you can. I would feel safer with you here and hope that no-one would even think of trying to enter to harm me."
She went to the press and took out some blankets and pillows for him, all the while hoping no-one did try to get into her home.
Why would someone be attempting to harm her.? It was so odd. She could not see what she had that would be a cause for it.
After making up a bed for him, she said goodnight and hugged him for being so good to her and protecting her. Then went off to bed. It was some time before she finally went to sleep. Her mind kept going back over that memory. She knew she was missing something but couldn't see what it was. All she knew was she had a feeling it was important. Maybe it would come to her if she left it alone.

Last edited by Ceridwen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Suddenly, in the early hours of morning she awoke, her heart beating fast, for a moment she felt disorientated. As her hear-trate slowed, she found she could think of what it was that awoke her.
In her dream, a man such as had been in her memory, had been in the dun{farmhouse} with another man. This second man was tall and big with black hair. She knew he was her father,Ianto. They were arguing and she and her mother were watching them fearfully. Her mother was a small dark-haired woman, Morwenna.
The two men were shouting with rage, when the other man flung himself around, shouting at her father he would be sorry. He looked at her as he went with utter hatred and slammed the door.
"Ianto, why is he like this?" her mother cried out. Her father put his arms around her mother and hugged her. "He is annoyed that Ceridwen is my heir and he thinks he should be, as my brother. He has always wanted the dun but I am determined he will never get it."He told her.
Ceridwen shuddered as it all started to come back. She knew now what had happened to her and would have to tell DiLasso when he woke. She got up and went to see if he was awake.

Last edited by Ceridwen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to)
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm

He had more dozed than slept, listening carefully to the winds buffet the home. His small dagger readily near his hand at all times. He had heard her sleep and had heard her wake. He waited patiently for her, knowing that he could not simply go in and check on her without some proper justification. It would not have been proper. Judging from the sound of her waking, she had either had some kind of dream or a memory trigger. He would be all ears to hear her when she came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:39 pm

She crept into the sitting room quietly in case DiLasso was still asleep and saw he was sitting there awake.
"Good morning," she said. "I now know what happened. First though I will get breakfast and then I will tell you what I've remembered." She smiled at him feeling happier than she had been for some time. Then went into the kitchen and prepared breakfast for them both. He had followed her in and sat at the table.
She placed the plates of food of the table and poured the teas for them.
After they had finished she cleared the dishes and left them in the bowl for later and came back to the table to tell him what she now knew.
"I lived in a farmhouse with my parents. It was within the mountains of Wales. A very long way from here. My father's brother Daffydd, has always hated him for inheriting the Dun as it is called. Many times they argued, for Daffydd wanted my father to let him have half, but my father always refused to break it up. Then one day he came and as usual there was another argument, more serious than before and Daffydd swore revenge. We did not know what revenge he planned but Da thought it would be a raid or something similar. It wasn't. What Daffydd did was to to kidnap me one day when Da was away at the other end of the farm. I was in the buttery and Ma was visiting her sister, so there was no-one home, only the workers."
She paused and drew a shaky breath before continuing. "Daffydd had brought a group of men and he dismounted his horse and came at me with a stick, then someone grabbbed me and threw me across a horse. It was one of his men. They took me off to Daffydd's place and he told me I was going on a journey. The man threw me off his pony and I told Daffydd I wasn't going anywhere but home, then he hit me. I scrambled away but he came after me and beat me with a stick, then started to use his fists. Some of his men grabbed him and pulled him away but not before he kicked me in the head while I was still on the ground.
I must have fainted or something because the next I remember I was tied up in a cart feeling very sick." She stopped and looked at DiLasso, remembering the pain in her head and the sickness. She felt very shivery and light-headed remembering it.
"I don't know what I was hit with but I couldn't remember who I was or where I was being taken. It was a very long journey and when we stopped I asked one of the men where we were going and who they were. They said they were taking me to be sold to a brothel and that it didn't matter who they were. They could see I was very sick and gave me some potion and told me to get in the cart. They said they were not going to have fun with a sick girl so I had to get better to repay them before they took me to the brothel. They said at least then I would know what to do there.
I was extremely frightened and knew somehow I had to try to escape. I pretended to be more ill than I was so they left me untied in the cart, but they did give me a blanket to cover me. I waited till well into night then crept out of the cart. They were all asleep thinking I was too ill to go anywhere, but I managed to creep away and get to the forest I could see nearby. I ran through it totally lost but dare not stop. Several times I fell and hurt myself but was too afraid to stop anywhere. Eventually, I came to a clearing and by this time was so exhausted I just collapsed and fell asleep there and then in the bushes.
When I awoke I climbed out of the bushes and struggled across the clearing and saw a wall in the distance and made my way there. It was this town. I had no idea how long I had been running or how long I had slept. All I knew was I was past hunger and so afraid, I would have given anything for safety. I was so lucky the guard on the gate helped me. Although I now know where I came from, I don't know how far away it is.
Neither do I know who is trying to harm me here. I am so glad you are helping me. I have no idea what to do."
She looked at DiLasso not realising the tears were silently falling down her face, which was white and scared, Her eyes showing the fear she was feeling.
"Please tell me what I can do?" she asked him.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 pm

He sat there, listening the whole time, his eyes closed as he tried to picture the images she brought up. He noted one thing in her words though and, while not much, it gave him an idea.

My lady, you have no recollection of being at sea? If being on the water at all? If this is so, si, it may still be a long journey, but perhaps not nearly as far as we thought before. This... Wales...? It sounds as though the terrain is not unlike what surrounds us. Perhaps, we may yet find your home and your family. If there was some time on the waters, even that may not be impossible, depending on how long it was... I think, that the first thing we must do is ensure your safety here. Obviously, those men have come here looking for you, and have found you, at least once. There is no telling whether they remain.

So, we shall begin by teaching you how to handle a blade, no? I know that this may be awkward for you, but it will give you a chance to defend yourself and either get away or get assistance. Next, we make sure your home is secure. Good locks on the doors, Something to make it... unpleasant.. should someone attempt a less direct entry? Also, a change to your normal routines. How you walk to certain places in the town, when you go there... if you do this often enough, you can be predicted and then you can be captured again. This will not do. Even where you sleep at night. If you are not always home at night, they cannot know when or where you will be.

He stopped and looked at her. Her fear had not exactly subsided as he had hoped. He thought for a moment and took out a kerchief. He thought of simply handing it to her, but instead he gently, hesitantly, wiped her face, her tears himself. He took great care in touching her skin, and he wanted to whisk her away from this place, where her past seemed to come with fury and revenge for her. He steeled himself, knowing that he would help her with all he had. He was still gently caressing her cheek, when he realized that he had dried her tears a short while ago. Quickly, he pulled his hand back and blushed, and waited to hear her thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Ceridwen listened to him and realised he was right. She must make things harder for whoever was trying to harm her. If only she knew who it was and why. But she did feel safe and comforted by his gentleness. She felt a strange wave of feeling flow over her as he gently carressed her face, and smiled hesitantly at him. He gave her courage to try to face what was happening to her although she did not like the mystery of it. She held out her hand to him knowing he would give her the strength she needed.
"Yes, I would like to learn how to use a weapon. At least it would help to give me a feeling of not being so helpless." she said.She thought about what he said about her daily routine and realised he was right. She did do everything to a certain order each day. She would have to remember to do everything different each day.
As regards to the sea, she had no idea, but thinking about it it was possible as apparently she had been unconscious or drugged for quite a long time, and it would certainly explain why her hair and clothes had been full of salt. But, what it didn't explain was the why of it. Neither would it explain the present problem.

She turned to DiLasso and told him of her thoughts saying, "If I have been brought across the sea to here, why would someone have been interested in harming me? Obviously, I cannot cause a problem to Daffydd being so far away. At least, I assume I am far away from home. Although I am frightened of what is going on, if you are willing to help me I believe I can at least try to deal with it. I will do as you say because I know of nothing else to do. This is not something I ever thought I would have to handle. It is like a nightmare."
She looked at him hopefully thinking he was so good to her and so strong.

Last edited by Ceridwen on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelt word)
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:13 pm

He smiled sadly, recalling his own misadventures all too keenly.

Of course my Lady. It would not look proper for you to carry a sword at this time, but I could show you how to wield a dagger and defend yourself in closed areas.

He unsheathed his and turned it, the hilt to her, setting it on the table. He nodded to her.

Let this be your first lesson. That blade is small, not meant to kill except by someone highly trained in anatomy. But it is sharp and will let its victim know that they were hurt. The trick is to keep it hidden until needed. If these villains were to see you with it immediately, the danger goes up even more than it already has. For now however, until you leave your home, get used to it in your hands. Feel its balance and how to move with it.

He smiled at her once more and then rose to make a kettle of tea for them as he watched her become accustomed to the weapon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Ceridwen took the dagger and turned it over in her hands. She weighed it and and handled it in various ways to get used to it as he suggested. Then she pondered on the best place to hide it on herself. She realised the best place would be her thigh. It would not be in the way and would not be noticed. Also it would be easy to get at.
She decided to make a hidden opening in her skirt for easy access.
She really needed to get new locks for her doors and windows. It may be safer. She sat back and watched DiLasso making tea, feeling more settled and at ease than previously.He was so good to her and made her feel very safe. She was glad he was here with her. If only she knew who was after her and why, she would feel a whole lot happier.
Suddenly she remembered that she was the one who would inherit her father's dun. Daffydd could not inherit till it was proven beyond doubt with her body that she was dead. She went white. Was that the answer? Was that why someone was trying to harm her?
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm

He watched out of the corner of his eye, making sure she did not injure herself accidentally. When she paled, he moved quickly to her side, in case she were to fall. Giving her a concerned look, he asked, Are you alright, my Lady? What happened? Did you have another memory? He suddenly realized that he had taken her unarmed hand into his in his concern. Carefully, he set it back on the table and watched her face for some recognition or response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:15 pm

She heard DiLasso speak and looked at him blankly at first, then gathering her senses she answered him. "Not exactly a memory, yet it is. I have remembered that even though I am far from home Daffydd cannot have me declared dead to inherit my father's dun. It is necessary he produces my body. I suddenly realised that could be why I am being hunted and have been attacked."
She stared at DiLasso knowing he would help her but he would not be able to be with her all the time. He had things of his own to do. She wondered if it would be possible to lure the hidden attacker out into the forest and somehow deal with him there. Here in town she was an easy target. If only she had someone by her side permanently it would be so much easier and safer. It would also mean she would not feel so much alone. Would DiLasso be willing to stay with her till this was resolved? Could she ask it of him? Shefelt so confused. It was a lot to ask of anyone but she really did need someone with her and she would definitely like it to be him. Dare she ask him?
She decided the only way to know was to ask him. So taking her courage in both hands she looked at DiLasso and said rather hesitantly,"Would you be willing to stay with me till we find this person?"

Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 pm

He sat back and thought for a short time. He tried to think of all the possible outcomes and in each one, he came to the same conclusion. He knew he would stay and help. In the end, he looked at her and nodded.

Of course my Lady. I will stay until we get this mess sorted.

Back to top Go down

re subject

Post by Ceridwen on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:25 pm

She felt tears of thankfulness start to her eyes and blinked them back. "Oh, thank you. I wasn't sure whether to ask you as it is taking up your time, but I am so glad you will help me.! She knew not everyone would be so kind in letting her use their spare time. However, this person, whoever it is must be caught or stopped.
Looking at him she said musingly,"You know, I am wondering if we could catch this person unawares by using me as a trap." She sat back and looked at him hoping he may allow the idea to be worth thinking about. She knew it could be very dangerous but it did have merits to it's possibilities.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm

He looked at her with more than a bit of apprehension. He knew what she was thinking, but the possibilities of success would be dependent on so many factors, things he wasn't entirely sure he could ensure.

He shifted in his seat and leveled a gaze at her. My Lady, if we go with this idea of yours, we will need to map everything out absolutely carefully. If something were to go awry, I would have myself to blame for any harm that became you. If you are serious about this, then we shall need to begin our preparations immediately. I have little idea the timeline we are talking about before these men begin to take more drastic means.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Listenening to what he was saying made her think of all that could go wrong. "He was talking about her being hurt, but did he not also realise that he, himself could be hurt or even killed?" For some reason, unknown to her, she knew it was Dafydd who had been the attacker, not someone he'd employed.
"It's Dafydd himself who is the attacker." she told him. "I cannot say how I know but of this I am certain". Ceridwen watched DiLasso's reaction to this. Feeling disturbed at some aspects of this problem she wondered if they would ever find Dafyddd and stop him.
She answered DiLasso's remarks, "Yes, I agree this could be dangerous but what else can we do? We cannot just sit back or hide and do nothing. We must try to find an answer. If this way does not make you happy with it can you think of anything else we can do?
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

No, you are right. We cannot just sit and cower. I am merely saying that we must be very careful if we are to use you as bait for this man, your uncle. Please, give me a few moments to think of where we stand the best chance of besting him. Then, if you still wish to do this, I will help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 am

Ceridwen sat back and let him think about the problem. She didn't know any other way to bring Dafydd out into the open and although she didn't really want to do this she couldn't think of anything else. She secretly hoped DiLasso might come up with something else that may work just as good but without the same dangers. Knowing her uncle Dafydd, inwardly she shuddered at the thought of facing him. She knew he was a violent man and was easily capable of murder without hesitation. The way he had beaten her and dispatched her without a qualm was an indication of the kind of man he was.
She watched the thoughts run across Dilasso's face hoping and quietly praying he came up with a better plan.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:09 pm

He opened his eyes and looked at her, with a slight smile.

How about this? We send him word that we wish to meet with him in the Tavern, to see his demands and attempt to settle this affair once and for all. I will see to it that he gets "special" attention from the barmaid with his drink and food. I assume that should we give a time, he will make another attempt on you just before, as you would be arriving. So, we shall be waiting even earlier. And when we leave, we go through the back door. Again, I think that I can keep things calm for now. I leave it to you and your uncle to talk, but I will be a table away. If you are unsure of anything he says or does, look to me. I think this still uses you as the bait, but gives us the advantage.

He looked at her once more to see if she understood what he was saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Ceridwen listened carefully as he outlined his idea. She thought it was good and although she would be exposed to her uncle and possible danger she also was able to see the merits of it.
Would he turn up? Possibly, especially if he thought she was alone. But at least this way they could, with luck , sort this out once and for all.
"I think it's a good idea and it could work. If it does, then I will no longer neeed to worry about being hunted. Ok, you set it up and and we'll see how it all goes."
She looked at him with a smile feeling very hopeful of the outcome.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:20 am

He nodded and finished his now cold cup of tea. He thought of how best to get the word to the man without it being too suspicious. He had an idea, but he would need to leave her alone in order to do so.

Forgive me my Lady, but I must leave you alone for a short while in order to let him know of the meeting and time. Whatever you do, do not open the door for anyone other than myself, no? I hope to be back shortly. I must arrange the meeting as well as our special recipes for the guest of honor. I will be back soon. Keep all the doors barred until my return.

He smiled at her and got up to leave. He peered carefully out the windows and the crack in the door, looking for signs of being watched. Seeing a clear path, he slipped out and made his way to the markets to find someone able to find and relay the message that would hopefully bring this unfortunate event to an end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 pm

"Yes, I understand. I will wait till I know it's you. If you knock 3 times hard and 2 soft I will know it's you."
She watched him check the street then disappear out, and sincerely hoped he could pull this off. It would be so good if she had no more need to worry about being attacked. It was quite frightening, to be honest. She decided to make up the bed in her little spare room just in case DiLasso needed to stay. So she went to the large chest and drew out some bedding and made up the bed ready. Her mind running through the problem hoping for some answer to all this.
Knowing the kind of man her uncle was she did not have much hope of this working. He would only give up when she was dead. She had heard the hatred of her Da in Dafydd's voice too often to believe he would just stop so easily.
Dafydd wanted her inheritance and that could only be when he produced her dead body. A thought then struck her. "Had he already killed her Da? Or was he waiting till he had killed her first? Her Da had to die before it would be of any use to Dafydd to try to inherit".
She was beginning to think that the only way to stop this was to kill Dafydd himself and she wasn't sure if she could do that, or could she? She decided that in future she was going to arm herself and if he tried anything she would kill him. There was no possibility that she was going to spend much more time like this, wondering when he would next strike.
She wasn't sure how Dilasso would feel about that but maybe, just maybe, he would understand how she felt.

Last edited by Ceridwen on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwen on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Ceridwen decided to go for a walk as she was fed up staying indoors. She went for a walk outside the town and suddenly felt someone following her. She looked around but saw no-one. She knew who it was. There was only one who would follow her. She gently slipped her knife from her belt and waited. She continued on her way getting angrier by the minute. This man may be her uncle but he was a bad man and had caused her a deal of harm. Not this time though. This time it ends.
Slowly she wandered the road till she was near the trees. She had seen him flitting from bush to bush and was ready for him. She slipped behind a tree that had bushes growing in front of it and waited. She did not have long to wait. A figure she now definitely recognised as her uncle crept closer to where she hid. She stayed perfectly still until he was within her reach then she rushed at him silently and stabbed him. He turned and tried to stab her back with his blade but she pulled out her knife and this time stabbed him in the chest. He suddenly stiffened and gurgled then fell to the ground.
Ceridwen realised she was shaking. She wasn't sorry for killing him. He was going to do the same to her, witness his long knife blade. She knew she would never have been safe while he lived. Now, although she had no idea how to get home she could at least settle to a life in Camaar.
Using his blade she slowly dug deep in the soft earth till it was deep enough to place him in it. Then she covered him over and kicked leaves over the grave. "Rest now in Peace Uncle." and then she went back to town and home.
Ceridwen
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top